PDA

View Full Version : Safari Help

Balain
2013-04-01, 07:32 PM
So I am having some problems with safari on my Mac Book Pro.

I am noticing two problems.

1. I often watch TV shows I miss on the network websites. They all use flash. When I try to watch them now the website says I don't have the flash player plug-in. I know safari now only allows the most current version of flash. I have downloaded and installed the most current version of flash player but when using safari I don't get safari's message that I need a newer version of flash but, the website tells me I don't have the plug-in at all. When I go to the website with chrome or firefox the shows play fine.

2. I have also noticed (just today, installed new flash player the other day though) that when I click on a link to a pdf I get garbage on the screen (like opening a binary file in a browser) but if I "right click" and choose open in new tab it opens just fine.

I am still fairly new to Macs so not sure what I am missing trying to do to solve it. Any ideas?

Grinner
2013-04-01, 07:36 PM
Have you tried turning it off and on again? :smallcool:

Balain
2013-04-01, 07:48 PM
I have in fact tried that.

Weezer
2013-04-01, 09:04 PM
Try clearing the cache and the cookies.

Balain
2013-04-01, 10:35 PM
tried that and still doing the same thing

Flickerdart
2013-04-02, 07:46 PM
Safari is the IE of OSX. Download Opera, Firefox or Chrome, and never look back.

Runestar
2013-04-12, 10:46 AM
My solution is to simply use chrome for those websites. I have java issues on safari as well (powerpoint slides simply don't convert properly on slideshare, for instance), but work perfectly in chrome.

However, I still prefer safari overall as it syncs perfectly with safari on my iphone and iPad, seems to consume less power overall, and lags less for graphics-intensive sites.