PDA

View Full Version : Humorous Artistic Coincidence

Medea Beata
2013-04-01, 08:34 PM
Greetings. I do not usually participate in forum discussions due to various personal reasons, but I have decided to make an exception.

In reviewing the gallery of one of my favorite artists, Zdzislaw Beksinski, I stumbled across something I had never noticed before that reminded me of one of my favorite storytellers. (Rich Burlew)

I hope some of you find this as amusing as I did.

Linked here, (i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg184/ParadoxChiaki/X4TVl_zps831568e2.jpg) as the picture is rather large, and I did not wish to embed it and violate the forum's policies.

In keeping with the forum's rules, I ensured to the best of my understanding that the work was not illegal to redistribute prior to posting; it's stated on several websites to be available under Creative Commons if attributed, as I have done.

I mirrored it through an image hosting website to reduce strain on the free gallery server, as is allowed under the license, though I highly recommend looking up (using a search engine) his other works for any fans of macabre artwork that weren't yet aware of Beksinski. (Be warned, though, that some of his art is rather graphic.)

Now, for the humorous coincidence-- Zoom in on the cave in the background.

LaZodiac
2013-04-01, 08:42 PM
Wow, that's totally MITD. Nice find.

Now if only I understood the REST of the painting :smalltongue: