PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox Gestalt (IC)

Dunkoro
2013-04-02, 04:49 AM
Link to IC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15025189#post15025189)

Silas and Saria
After reaching Noblefish and resting in a local tavern for few nights, you are approached by a stranger, who assumed from your appearance you're adventurers. He has told you about town mayor needing help. Mayor is even offering a reward for completing the assignment.

Isonduir
After your travels have brought you to the town of Noblefish, you are approached by local guardsman asking you to help him with a "delicate matter", since you look "capable". He told you that if you decided to help him he's going to wait outside the blacksmith's the next day's morning (that happened yesterday). He also mentioned some payment.

Francis
In the town of Noblefish nothing seemed particularry corrupted or evil to your eyes. But your search wasn't unnoticed, and yesterday local guard's captain asked you to come to his office the next day around noon, because he "...Could use some help from an outsider."

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-03, 03:49 PM
Heading toward the guard's office, Francis prays to out loud to himself, "Oh noble Heironeous, guide me in my never-ending quest against evil and the countless melons who have wronged me throughout my life..."

PersonMan
2013-04-04, 08:13 AM
For Saria, "resting" at the local tavern meant "thoroughly enjoying the benefits of not traveling", especially since the trip from the bar to her room was so short. Silas, of course, received a hearty invitation to join in and have a drink or five. He accepted and Saria was feeling so good about herself that she bought a round for the entire tavern. If he didn't already, the following morning Silas would find out about Saria's way of always being clean and clear-headed the morning after night-long enjoyment of the bar and the company there. Her offer to clean him up and give him a tea for his headache, if he had need of either, comes immediately after her humorous commentary as to his appearance.

It only took a few days a few days for Saria to begin to wonder about their next job, though. She had plenty of gold, but the way she spent it that wouldn't be true if she really started cutting loose...in which case she'd want there to be more money coming around soon. As such, the stranger's mentioning of a job was very well timed. Especially since she hadn't gotten started on that day's carousing yet, so she was entirely sober.

"Sounds interesting. I don't have anything planned until around dusk today, so I was thinking of at least checking it out. What do you think?" Saria asks her comrade, considering changing into her work clothes before going to see what this is about. Definitely, she decides, if there was a problem she'd want to not risk getting her clothes messed up. She did have plans for that night, after all...

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-04, 11:02 AM
I'm a lucky man, reflected Silas, not for the first time in the last week. While having Sasha around whenever he needed her was wonderful, it was almost as good to have Saria around. The woman was not only good company, but also often paid for his drinks. There wasn't much more a stingy deserter could ask for.

And to think, I could be huddled in a siege tower with a hundred other disgusting, sweaty men. How could I ever regret that choice? Granted, he himself was no spring daisy at this time. The night before had, as usual, taken its toll. But he was never one to do things half-heartedly. For that reason he was now sipping one of the miracle-cure teas that Saria had introduced him too. Silas was now seated at the table with Saria, a slight woman with the strange hair and eyes. He had not asked about those. He had seen stranger things.

"I say we go for it. I've got to pay for my own drinks eventually."

dethkruzer
2013-04-04, 01:35 PM
Isonduir hurried out of her room at the in after having completed her morning rituals. She wanted to get the task the guardsman had in mind done soon, so she picked up a loaf of bread, flicking a a gold piece to the owner of the inn, the gold should hopefully cover any expenses beyond what she had already paid for, before dashing out the door.

Finding the Blacksmiths workshop after while. "Anybody here?" she called out.

Dunkoro
2013-04-04, 04:02 PM
Francis
When you finally reach captain's office, he greets you.
Welcome, welcome. Come, sit. You're not from around these sides, are you? Of course you're not; I would've noticed you earlier. Listen to me, you have to help me. I can't trust my own guardsmen, but maybe you could help me with a problem I've got. You see, we have a corrupt guardsman within our ranks and I know who he is. But I'm not sure whether any of the others help him or not. You are to find this guardsman; Phillip is his name, and get to know who's he cooperating with. I've already got to know he's has met someone today's morning, and that they went together to an abandoned warehouse in the docks. I suggest you go there and get to know as much as you could about his associates and exact specifics of his illegal actions. You report your findings to me and only to me. Understood?
And do not be afraid, your service is going to be paid for generously. Here, have some part for any expenses you might encouncer.
At the end of his seemingly neverending monologue, in which he didn't even give you a chance to speak he hands you a small purse, there are 50 platinum pieces in it.
Sense Motive 20
You have a feeling there is something wrong going on here, but you can't exactly decide what it is.
Sense Motive 26
You realize that the captain is lying or at least not telling you whole truth. You do not know which part of his words, if any is not true.

Silas and Saria
(Note: I've assumed you went straight to your destination.. If you'd want to do something midwhile, just tell me.)
As you enter the town's hall you see the mayor half-asleep on his desk. The sound of people entering the room wakes him up:
What? I think I've told you clearly enough... Ohh, I'm sorry, I mistook you for someone else. You are here because of the announcement? Yes, of course you are. What else such people as yourself might be looking for in here? Please, take your seats. As you might know, we've got some trouble dealing with a local crime group, and whenever our guard is about to catch them, they somehow mysteriously disappear. They must have some inside contact within the guard. I want you to discover who that contact is. All I am currently aware of is that last bandit's hideout was in an abandoned warehouse in the docks. You might start your search there, maybe you will find some clues as to who is the traitor.
He shows you an exact spot of the warehouse on the city's map hanging on the wall.
I'd prefer you not to approach any of the guards directly, as we might alert them someone's investigating.

Isonduir
You hear a hushed voice from behind a corner.
Over here! Come over here!
As you walk towards the voice you can clearly see that it's the guard who approached you yesterday. Before you even have a chance to say anything he signs you to be silent and follow him.
After a few minutes you enter an abandoned warehouse in the docks. Here he says.
Nobody followed us, right? It doesn't really matter, we don't have much time. I'm currently in a grave danger and you have to help me! I've dicovered that our captain is corrupt by a local gang, but I can do nothing about, because he'd simply acuse me of the same and without evidence supporting my statement, he will win the argument. I need you to somehow achieve a proof of the captain's association with the local crime group and bring it to the mayor. I can't offer you nothing but my gratitude, but I know the mayor is offering a reward for resolving the case of corruption within guard's ranks.
Listen 20
You think you've heard someone whispering behind the door.
Roll for Initiative.
Listen 30 (you can't make it, but whatever)
You can make out some words out of what is being whispered:
Weren't he supposed to be alone?
Does it matter? There is still only two of them there.

dethkruzer
2013-04-04, 05:06 PM
"I will gladly help to the best of my abilities, but..." She begins, rubbing her chin. "These are rather heavy charges, and would require some solid evidence to prove. And as is, I can do little. If you know anything about this group, it might give me some ideas where to start." The human then finishes.

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-05, 03:13 AM
Taking the money, Francis salutes the guard in a silly but genuine manner.
"Sir Francis, reporting for duty!"
With that, he heads to the docks in a light jog, even though fully plated in heavy armor.
Perhaps I shall get myself a riding steed one day.

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 04:09 AM
Isonduir
Well, here was the bandits' last hideout. We could start by...
He didn't have a chance to finish his sentence as three humans stormed inside. They wear city guard's uniforms. They cry "Die, traitor!"
They are at the entrance, while you are about 40 feet away from it.
Surprise Round
All three of them start charging towards you, drawing their longswords.
Initiative for guards: [roll0]
Initiative for guardsman with you: [roll1]
Roll Isonduir's Initiative

Francis
As you approach the warehouse you hear a cry "Die, traitor!" coming from the inside. If you decide to enter, roll initiative.

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-05, 03:19 PM
"Gasp," Francis narrates to no one in particular, "the traitors have been found! I must help!"
With that, Francis charged into the warehouse, yelling, "Have at thee!"

Initiative
[roll0]

dethkruzer
2013-04-05, 05:56 PM
"I believe in this man, perhaps you should do so as well, but at the very least stay your blade." She says, stepping between the two men. "Now perhaps you could take a momnt to explain what exactly is going on." Isonuir continues, addressing the guard.

Dunkoro
2013-04-05, 06:01 PM
Isonduir and Francis
(OOC: I'd rather you speak in spoilers, as the two other characters still not know what has happened to you :)
A few days ago I noticed captain make getting some money from people you could only describe as "thugs", and I overheard something like "For protection". When I gasped, he has noticed me, and they were all chasing after me. I ran away and was hiding ever since. He somehow got to know I was going to meet with you here and thus sent his thughs disguised as guards along with the kind man over here to take care of me. We can't stay here. But you can question them, see if you can get anything out of them.
After these words Phillip takes some material to bandage his wounds.
(You both gain 700 XP)

PersonMan
2013-04-06, 09:00 AM
Saria nods as the mayor speaks. "That sounds doable. What sort of reward is being offered?" She asks.

Assuming he gives a straight answer and Silas doesn't have any of his own questions, Saria will then give their employer a quick farewell and go off to start on their new job. It didn't seem like it would be very difficult, especially with her abilities...but then again, that's always what she thought when she received a commission. Her plan is to go directly to the warehouse, check the outside for a good way in and then slip inside, she tells Silas.

dethkruzer
2013-04-06, 01:11 PM
DM and Francis
"I'm not very good as far as it comes to persuading people, but depending on whether or not attempting to apprehend this corrupt captain is to result in violence, and depending on crimes these thugs stand accused of..." Isonduir begins, gesturing toward the three unconsciouss men as she mentions them. "They could prove helpful otherwise." She finishes, before walking over to Philip, muttering a short magical incantation and softly touching his wound with her hand that now glows a warm light.

[Casting Cure Light Wounds to heal Philip for [roll0] HP]

Dunkoro
2013-04-06, 01:17 PM
Isonduir and Francis
Do whatever you think you must do, but do it quick. More thughs could come here any moment now.

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-06, 02:04 PM
"Get what you need from these commonfolk thugs; I shall go confront the captain in a battle of words and fruit slicing!"
Before anyone can stop him, he leaves the warehouse and heads back to the captain's office.

Dunkoro
2013-04-06, 02:16 PM
Saria and Silas
Our treasury is spread thin at the moment, but I think that for succesfully completing the assignment we could offer about a 1000 gold pieces' worth.
As you come close to the warehouse, a man wearing full armor goes by in opposite direction, not really noticing you.

Francis
You reach the guard's captain office easily, although the guards aren't letting you in, saying that the captain's not here.

dethkruzer
2013-04-06, 03:19 PM
DM
The human stared out at the door for a moment, eyes wide at how someone could charge out head first in such a foolish manner. "As much as it would probably help to get something out of these three, I fear our knight in shining armor will only be bringing himself to an early grave if we don't do something." She says to the guard, and starts walking toward the door before suddenly stopping and turning to face the guard. "How are your wounds? Are you in any condition to fight should this turn for the worst?"

Dunkoro
2013-04-06, 03:47 PM
Isonduir
He's gonna get into trouble, I'm sure of it. I could use a little healing, this wound looks terrible.
Just as he finishes the sentence, two people enter the warehouse. The male looks like an average human, while the female has a grey skin.

Silas and Saria
As you enter the warehouse you see a guardsman, with his back turned on the door. There is also a woman who sees you enter.

Everybody but Francis
(You're now free to post in spoilers together.)

dethkruzer
2013-04-06, 05:00 PM
Everyone but Francis
The female reaches into her belt pouch, and after a moment draws a wand crafted from reddish wood. Just as she was about to put the tool to use, she heard the door open, making her reach for her crossbow as she turned, expecting to see more thugs.

Seeing the two new arrivals, she relaxes somewhat, as the two aren't wearing guardmen uniforms. "Friends of yours perhaps?" She asks Philip.

Dunkoro
2013-04-06, 05:07 PM
Everybody but Francis
The guard turns around.
Isonduir

He whispers to you:
I don't think I've ever met them. Better be careful. There's still time for you to use your healing magic if you will, I'll distract them.
Who are you? What is your purpose here?
Saria and Silas
As you get accomodated to the semi-darkness inside you can clearly see that there are three people in guard uniforms lying on the ground, just next to the two people standing there (about 40 feet from the entrance).

PersonMan
2013-04-07, 01:20 PM
Everyone but Francis:
Saria's eyes widen at the scene and, looking around, she says "Um," and disappears.

A moment later her voice comes from the thin air, off to the side from where she ways before.

"Who are you?" She asks. "What are you doing here?"

Silas:
Saria has at some point mentioned that, should she disappear into thin air, she's hiding and he should get ready to escape retreat if need be, as she considers the situation dangerous.

DM:
Hiding. In Plain Sight, since she can. Going off to the side about 20 feet, speaking, then further, so she's about 40 feet from Silas.

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently pre-move: [roll1]
Move Silently post-move: [roll2]

dethkruzer
2013-04-07, 03:58 PM
Everyon but Francis
She takes a step back, looking around nervously. "Look, I know this will be difficult to believe, but this isn't what it looks like."

PersonMan
2013-04-07, 04:13 PM
Not Francis:
"Then what is it?" Saria asks from somewhere else.

DM:
Moving again, five feet towards Silas.

MS: [roll0]

Dunkoro
2013-04-07, 04:33 PM
Everyone but Francis
You should know that these here are not really guards. They are thugs disguised as city guards and sent here to kill me.

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-07, 06:39 PM
Everyone but Francis
Silas's furrows his brow at the scene. He's neither surprised nor concerned when Saria disappears. . . in fact, he expected it. Now the advantage is theirs. If this stranger seeks to kill witnesses, at least Saria will get away.

And here I thought asking Sasha for help would make us too conspicuous.

Silas' hand goes not for the hilt of his sword, but for the signal whistle around his neck. He makes to lift to his lips, then stops, arching an eyebrow.

"Convince us. Or otherwise convince the entirety of the city watch."

DM Only
Sense Motive.
[roll0]
Also, readying an action to blow the whistle if either of them act with aggression.

Dunkoro
2013-04-08, 12:45 AM
Silas
You have no idea whether he's telling the truth or not.

Everyone but Francis
How could I possibly prove I'm telling the truth? You don't know members of city guard as well as I do and you'd propably not believe my word if I told you these assassins were sent here by city guard's captain himself, am I right?
It is just this fine lady here and a knight you propably passed on your way over here who have decided to help me find some proof of captain's treachery, because currently we have none.

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-08, 01:20 AM
Strange, Francis thought to himself, Where would this corrupt captain go? Perhaps I should check with my acquaintances.
With that and a quiet sigh, he jogs back yet again to the warehouse.

PersonMan
2013-04-08, 12:16 PM
Not-Francis:
"Maybe explaining who you are and why a corrupt captain of the guard would want to kill you would help," Saria speaks, again from a different location.

DM:
Moving somewhere random, I don't think it matters precisely where...
MS: [roll0]

Dunkoro
2013-04-08, 12:21 PM
Not Francis
I've seen him as he was doing his bussines with thugs, and he wants me dead so I wouldn't do what I'm currently doing; assembling people to help me get a proof of his guilt.

Just as he ends the knight you've all seen before reenters the warehouse.

Everyone:
You may finally speak without using spoilers :smallcool:

dethkruzer
2013-04-08, 12:57 PM
"Oh look, the brave knight returns. Forgot something?" She speaks in a bit of a snarky tone. Turning her attention to the two new acquintences, she continued. "And since you two now know of the Captain having gone corrupt..." Isonduir paused for a brief moment, her eyes flicking about as if looking for something. "That makes you witnesses, and if the city guard were the find out, there's a good chance the captain would as well. And with the connections he has to the bandits, I would imagining witnesses going..." She didn't even bother finishing, instead extending her right index finger, before pulling it slowly across her throat.

PersonMan
2013-04-08, 01:54 PM
DM or Spot 50:
As Francis comes in, Saria turns to look at him. Her glance turns into an extended look once she sees what he looks like. A moment later, though, she considers that he could be an enemy - which would be rather unfortunate.

As the woman speaks, Saria smiles with relief. Mmmm. He can forget all he wants in here, she thinks briefly, cutting her thoughts off before she gets too distracted. Having to fight handsome people always put her in a bad mood, but luckily it seemed like it wouldn't be necessary. She watches, turning back to the woman as she speaks, and listens as the woman continues her explanation. Her reaction is a mix between pride (Pffft, like those fools will find me in a million years!) and immediate fear (But if they find my room and slip in with a knife, or they send their agents to all the taverns...maybe have a particularly good-looking one try and trick me...this could get dangerous!).

Outwardly, Saria's face is an open book. Luckily nobody in the room can read it because she's hiding. Sometimes, being able to essentially disappear into thin air was very handy.

Saria's voice comes from an empty part of the room again. "That sounds believable, all in all. Do you think we can trust them with our names?" The second bit is obviously directed at Silas.

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-08, 07:58 PM
Silas sighs, his nature getting the better of him. They seem like friendly enough people. He lets the whistle drop, putting a hand on the hilt of his sword as he begins to examine the bodies. He doesn't look up as he crouches, introducing himself without any regard for formalities. They are, after all, crowded in a warehouse over the corpses of two watchmen.

"My name is Silas, but most call me Angelcaller. I hope you haven't heard of either name."

DM
Search check. [roll0]

Dunkoro
2013-04-09, 12:49 AM
Silas
On the first two bodies you find nothing but basic guard equipment; sword, shortsword and a chainmail, but the 3rd one has a signet of some kind on his finger, symbol unknown to you.
Yes, there are three bodies :smallwink:

Oh, excuse my lack of manners; I'm Phillip, pleased to meet you. Would you care to explain why exactly do you hope we haven't heard of you earlier?

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-09, 03:04 AM
Completely ignoring the human's remark, Francis observes the newcomer that he can see like a cat: curious, but cautious. When he hears the voice appearing from nowhere, Francis jumps in surprise, drawing his sword and shield to face the seemingly non-existent combatant.
"Egad! Ghosts! Demons! Assorted pineapples!"
After hearing Silas's response to the apparition and group, Francis sneers at the man.
"Angelcaller? Most likely a coverup for your real name, Demoncaller!"
With that, he starts running around the room, slashing at dark places away from the group, allowing for the occasional "Have at thee!" or "I shall smite thou vile fruit-sympathizer!" escape his mouth.

Dunkoro
2013-04-09, 07:37 AM
Guard whispers to Isonduir:
Yeah, he's definitely going to get himself and propably us with him into trouble, propably sooner than later...

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-09, 08:35 AM
DM Only

Silas slips the signet ring into his belt pouch.

Silas arches an eyebrow at the armored warrior running about in hysterics.

"You need to calm down, kid. Is this your first time seeing a body? I met rookies like you before. They never last long after they crack."

Silas stands up and wipes his hands on his trousers before spitting to the side.

"So, what now?"

Dunkoro
2013-04-09, 08:48 AM
Everyone
You notice Silas picking something up from one of the assaulters and slip it into his belt pouch, trying to conceal that.

First of all, I'd suggest getting out of here as soon as possible, we don't know if these three were the only ones designated for the attack. I happen to know of a safe location where I could hide for a few days, but you don't really need to; these three would be the only ones who could know anything about you, and so I think we might need to kill them.
You would have much more freedom in your investigation, since you're not known here, and as such you'd be much better suited to find some proof of captain Thackeray's treachery.

dethkruzer
2013-04-09, 09:10 AM
"I don't know if killing them would be all that necesarry..." She says, walking from body to body, checking for signs of life, casting Cure Minor Wounds on those dying but not yet dead. "They can serve us in one of two ways, they can tells us everything they know, and be judged according to local law, or I can subjugate them to my will, little more than tools for the greater good." She continues, her voice turning almost monotone by the time she finishes her sentence.

PersonMan
2013-04-09, 12:17 PM
Shortly after the newcomer begins swinging his sword around, Saria appears, a few lengthy steps away from him, arms raised to indicate that she's unarmed.

"Hey, careful there, handsome! I'm no ghost, nor am I a demon! ...I'm also not a pineapple," she says. Now that she's visible, one can get a better look at her attire: A jet black, slightly reflective pair of boots, gloves, a cloak and bracers, all of leather or silk. The pants and shirt are both dark blue; hugging her skin, they lack flattering ends to get caught on things. It also becomes clear that she's fairly short, standing just over five feet tall. Her hair, going down to her shoulders and is light blue, sharing the color of her eyes.

"What I am is the greatest spy you'll probably ever see...or not, depending. The name is Saria. Say it quietly or not-so-quietly, it's your choice," Saria continues, smiling.

DM:
Saria is wearing her pupil-contacts, so I think it'd be a Spot check to notice that there's something off about her eyes...not sure about the specifics though.

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-11, 05:53 PM
Francis, in his small hunt for the demon, ignores the comment on his experience. It didn't matter to him; he had received comments like this numerous times, and over time he learned to ignore them. After all, more pressing matters of defeating demons was at hand.

When Saria popped out to reveal herself, Francis readied himself for battle, but loosened up when he heard her speak.

"Hm," Francis thought out loud, tapping his sword against his helmet in a thoughtful yet comical manner, "Ghosts can't make witty remarks. Carry on then."

Sheathing his sword, he returns back to the group and stands there as if nothing had happened.

Dunkoro
2013-04-14, 01:25 AM
Whatever you're going to do, I'm outta here, don't want to be a target of a new attack. I wish you best luck, not only for the good of the city, but for my own too.

After these words Phillip goes out of the warehouse.

dethkruzer
2013-04-14, 07:26 AM
Isonduir nods to Philip as he leaves, before turning to the ragtag bunch that she seemed to be stuck with. "Well, that certainly could have gone more smoothly. Anyone of you have any ideas on where to begin with this then?"" She asks.

[OOC: How many of the bandits are still alive, just so I know how many 0-level slots I used up]

Dunkoro
2013-04-14, 01:03 PM
(OOC: All three are still alive)

PersonMan
2013-04-17, 03:58 PM
Saria gathers herself for a moment, then steps into the rough center of the group.

"Well, I think we should talk to these thugs first. Once they wake up, we can interrogate them - some of us can hide to keep them from knowing our true numbers..." she says, slowly turning to Francis as she speaks.

"But I've always thought that starting off a group venture with handshakes brings good luck, so if we could..." Saria smiles, extending her arm and hand towards Francis first.

Silas/DM:
You know the handshake-luck thing is bull, as Saria told you at one point that it's her way "getting a feel on" people she's attracted to. It's also the way she formally introduced herself to you...

DM:
So, Bluff: [roll0]

EDIT: Oh god. Hilarity ensues.

Ursus the Grim
2013-04-17, 08:40 PM
Silas scoffs audibly as Saria speaks to the others. A swirling rune upon his brown glows into existence as he straightens up. He cracks his neck and shakes his hands out.

"Well, we should make sure these thugs aren't going to die on us. Sasha can help keep them alive, and idiots tend to fall for a pretty woman pretty easily. Right, Saria?"

He begins the incantation to summon his eidolon.

"I should be around to caress the information out of them, meanwhile Sasha can help keep an eye out for any of their friends. Don't freak out again, kid."

TheAmazingOP
2013-04-18, 02:31 AM
Nonchalantly shaking Saria's hand, Francis's attention is diverted to Silas as he talks. His interest perks when he hears of someone with healing abilities.

"Now, now," Francis says as he lets go of Saria's hand and walking over to Silas, putting an arm around his, Where might this cut-bandager you speak of might be? I would be most interested in someone... with those abilities. Perhaps they would make a good squire!"

dethkruzer
2013-04-18, 05:29 PM
The female extended a Waiting hand toward the Skulk. "They call me Isonduir." She speak, before turning her attention to Silas. "I already administered some initial healing, so having the thugs bleed dry shouldn't be an issue."

PersonMan
2013-04-29, 02:00 PM
"I doubt Sasha will be interested in being your squire, although I doubt you're the first to offer," Saria says with a grin. "I'd volunteer, but the whole 'melee combat' thing is not my style, although being under your tutelage does sound quite...exciting,"

"As far as getting information from these three is concerned...I think it might be good to restrain them before they wake up. Then again, I think that people of our caliber should be able to keep them cooperate easily enough. Maybe we should have some of us cover our faces, we don't want the enemy to have more knowledge than they have already.

I could question them from the shadows," Saria considers.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-01, 07:58 PM
"No worries," Francis directs at Saria as he pulls the long silk rope out of his backpack, "You can be my page instead then, and maybe redeem yourself from the horrors of ghouls and fruit. You can start by, as you suggested, tying these Snargledoodles up." He tosses the rope rather carelessly at Saria.
"A knight never hides or backs off; I shall question these rotten dragon-lickers face to face."

dethkruzer
2013-05-02, 03:43 AM
"Okay, you can handle interrogation, I think I'll step outside and keep watch." Isonduir speak, walking over to the door. "I'll knock every once in a while, one knock if everything seems okay, two knocks if something seems suspicious, and three knocks if something or someone is coming here."

PersonMan
2013-05-02, 09:59 AM
Saria catches the rope despite her moment of confusion at Francis' words. Normally she'd probably be fed up with his whole knight thing, especially since he wasn't being particularly attentive, but he had a definite charm that made her want to forgive it. For now, at least...

Saria ties up the three unconscious men, linking them with the rope so that they couldn't stand up and try to escape without pulling the others with them. Or coordinating their efforts, but that wouldn't be happening while they were around.

For if/when they try to escape, Use Rope at +14 to determine the Escape Artist check. Taking 10, so 24.

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-02, 03:13 PM
Silas bites his tongue in annoyance as the armor-clad buffoon decides he should be the one to conduct the interrogation. As if anyone would take him seriously.

Sasha appears shortly, a blonde, armored woman of unnatural height that simply materializes next to Angelcaller. She scans the room quietly, but says nothing. A greatsword is strapped to her back, but she makes no move to draw it.

"Come on, Sasha. We're going to wait. If something unfortunate happens to those oafs with the rope around them, you may need to help someone patch them up."

The couple follows Isiondur to the door but does not go through it. Instead, they take parallel positions outside the door. I can do better than that 'knight'. Little pretty boy probably never saw battle. Not with an attitude like that. Silas scoffs once more, and begins to wonder if he should step in when the captives laugh off Francis.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-02, 05:34 PM
Assuming captives are awake now.
Drawing his sword and putting it to the throat of the first captive awake, Francis adopts a facial expression that is not exactly menacing, but more of one of a parent disappointed in their child.
"And I thought you could have been my ally. Shame isn't it? You'll miss out on saving the damsels, slaying the onions, and elves who have disguised themselves as aforementioned onions. Perhaps you would like to explain why you are defying all causes of good, purity, and windmills? Otherwise I may have to turn you over to my allies, who are quite vicious not just in my terms, but yours as well. Who are you? Who do you work for? Why? Are the squashes working with you?"

Dunkoro
2013-05-02, 05:42 PM
You do realize it is a crime to assault city's guardsman?
The man we were trying to arrest is a criminal, and thanks to your "help" he managed to escape. You seem to be a law-abiding citizen. Why would you do this?

PersonMan
2013-05-06, 10:06 AM
Saria sits in the shadows (ok, she's sitting on the ground barely three feet from one of the downed men, but she'd never describe it in such mundane terms), looking to Francis, expecting his reply.

...The man was lying, right? Surely there was some evidence - something, anything, that these people were who that man had claimed they were. Francis' silence, and her own train of thought, quickly bring Saria to the urge to smack herself in the face. Oh, she had let herself get distracted again! The hot knight had kept her from thinking about the situation long enough to realize that she had probably made the same mistake these people had.

The man they were chasing could be the very man she and Silas had been hired to apprehend. Probably was, in fact, if these men were telling the truth. Ooof...this was the sort of thing she would definitely leave out if the mayor ever asked about how their investigation went later on. Or at least, she'd blame the others. It was their fault anyways!

"Prove it. Anyone can claim they're a city guardsman, and getting the outfit of one isn't especially difficult," Saria says, thinking back to one especially over-the-top escapade she had been through in the past involving herself, two thieves, a guardsman, the captain of the guard and at least three barrels of ale. Oh, that had been a fun night.

While she speaks, Saria stands up to get out of the "guard"'s reach, silent and still hidden by the dusk in the air - amplified by her innate connection to the shadows until it was enough for her to slip about, unseen, where others would be painfully easy to see.

Dunkoro
2013-05-06, 12:57 PM
Who? What said that?

He starts looking around, seeing noone.

I don't know what your tricks are, but I can assure you of one thing, guard's uniforms are NOT easy to get, every guardsman has his own single one, and any spare ones are guarded by the captain himself. It would be easy for us to prove our innocence. Come with us to guard's barracks, everyone there will recognize us. You'd have to untie us first; that might get you lesser sentence for what you've done, maybe they will even let you go with only a fine, provided of course that you prove it has all been only a misunderstanding. I take it you think we're some thugs. Well, seems like Phillip set you up pretty nicely... Of course he'd lie to you to save his own skin...

GM ONLY-DON'T LOOK

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saria and Silas Francis
You can both tell from the way he's talking, moving and so on, that he's almost definitely lying most of the time.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-07, 01:39 AM
After his prolonged silence of scrutinizing the speaking guard with squinted eyes and many thoughtful chin strokes, Francis is visibly exasperated.

Will these unenlightened fools not see the errors of their ways in trying to rot the un-rotten?

Taking the flat edge of the tip of his sword, he taps the cheek of the guard lightly and in a somewhat counseling manner, he tells the guard, "It's alright. You tried, but you've already told me everything, you little fungus-worshipper."

With that, Francis turns to the other two guards and taps each of their heads with his sword in a rhythmical manner, chanting to himself,

"Greatsword, longbow, halberd, flail,
Catch the dragon by its tail..."

At the end of his chant, he slaps the guard his sword has landed on awake. Francis puts his face uncomfortably close to the guard's. With a confident and menacing tone, he whispers to the man, "Listen to me you little agricultural facility. I'm only going to speak of this once, and you shall respond audibly to everyone. Your friend here has told me every bluff he could to me, so don't try anything. Tell me the truth. About everything. Even your breakfast. Especially your breakfast. If you do not comply, you shall face a fate worse than a polymorph into a clock!"

With that, he walks away, pushing the first guard over and then sitting on him, patiently waiting a reply.

[roll0]
Intimidate roll (+anything for the circumstances, if you're feeling generous :smallbiggrin:)

Dunkoro
2013-05-07, 07:53 AM
Okay, okay. I'll tell you what you want to know... We've been hired by the guard's captain to kill Phillip before he convinced someone of his claim's trueness. He gave us uniforms so that we might be taken for city guards.
If you want to catch him in the act, you should follow him when he leaves his office about an hour after noon. It is then he usually comes meet with our leaders.
Please, let us go, we won't pose any danger to you.

Then the first guard aswers him

You traitor... You do know that you're a dead man now?

PersonMan
2013-05-07, 08:35 AM
Saria smiles as the scene plays out. She had been able to tell that the first man was lying - about what wasn't entirely clear, but Francis seemed to have sniffed it out. Perhaps she had underestimated him and that woman? At least, he was able to press the information they needed out of the other man.

Judging by what the man said, this Phillip was some sort of royal - or maybe just the son of some important merchant/noble, whose inheritance this captain had managed to get a hold of...

"Personally, I'd worry more about myself, if I were you. It's not even dark out and hiding from your sight is child's play - do you think I can't sneak into the places you think are safe?" Saria says, walking slowly around them as she speaks. Francis' own performance and his presence wasn't the only reason she was showing off, she told herself. It was partially true - she enjoyed something like this quite a bit even when there wasn't someone like Francis to impress.

Dunkoro
2013-05-07, 08:42 AM
I don't really care if you can sneak into my place, if you can't get to know where that place is... And I can assure you, as soon as you let me go, I'll be out of town immediately.

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-07, 09:02 AM
Silas clears his throat and straightens up, unsheathing his sword as he does so.

"Ah, see, there's the problem. If we let you go, you can escape justice. You can warn the assassin that we're on to him. You can even rat out your former comrade here. Your life endangers all of us in this room, and your death would at least save this man. If you're dead, his betrayal doesn't leave this room. I'm not hearing many good reasons for why we shouldn't just slice your neck here and now."

dethkruzer
2013-05-07, 09:52 AM
Isonduir stands outside, trying her best to keep an eye out for anythins suspicious.

Spot: [roll0]

Dunkoro
2013-05-07, 10:25 AM
Yeah. You kill me and you are all dead men. Let me just give a piece of advice to all of you; better leave this town immediately. You reallly don't want to confront the captain, even if you think you do. He has some really elaborate ways to torture these that oppose him.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-08, 08:20 PM
"Yes, yes I've heard it before," Francis says blankly, slowly covering the talker's mouth with his hand, "But I'm afraid that is enough pitter patter out of your pot, munchkin. Your captain doesn't scare me, and neither do your empty threats. Certainly your lives endanger us all... perhaps you would like a honorable death? Breathe if you wish to."

Dunkoro
2013-05-09, 12:06 AM
The guard that was questioned first doesn't say anything.

The second guard though:
I've told you everything you want to know! Let me go, I'll leave the city and cause no further problems to you. I beg you!

PersonMan
2013-05-10, 03:11 PM
Saria is entirely out of her area of expertise when Francis mentions killing the men. Not only did she not kill in general, but executing helpless prisoners? If Francis really did, she'd probably at least avert her gaze if not leave the room entirely. The mere thought of it sent shivers down her spine, and not the good kind.

Staying silent, she simply sits and waits to see how Francis reacts to the "guard"'s pleading.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-10, 04:36 PM
"Since there is no law we can trust in the town, I guess I will have to take it into my own hands." Grabbing the first guard's sword from the ground, he cuts the rope restricting the guard. Tossing the sword to the man, Francis prepares for a fight. "I hope you are ready for a fair fight?"

Dunkoro
2013-05-10, 04:44 PM
The guard apparently dislikes the concept of him half hurt fighting you. When you throw him the sword and honorably wait until he prepares himself for a fight, he picks it and immediately rushes out of the warehouse.

Silas and Eidolon get a reflex roll to react quickly enough to stop him as he's rushing right in between you. DC 12.

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-13, 12:02 PM
Silas reacts too slowly. The captive charges at Sasha, striking a blow before she returns the favor. Though she wins the clash, a bright red gash appears on her upper arm. Her expression betrays no pain. Silas' expression twists in anger.

"We give you a fighting chance and you take a cheap shot at my angel? Enough is enough."

He ceases speaking in common, his words taking on a darker, more malevolent tone as he reaches a hand towards the prone soldier, the vague smell of vinegar wafting through the air.

DM

Corrosive Touch
[roll0] touch to deal [roll1] acid damage.

Dunkoro
2013-05-13, 12:04 PM
After being knocked down by the angel and getting some more damage, the ''guard'' now lies unconscious on the floor once again.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-13, 10:12 PM
"It's scum like this that make me question The Cause," Francis muses as he pokes the unconscious man with his foot, "Dost my allies haveth any ideas of what to with with these rapscallions?"

PersonMan
2013-05-15, 09:40 AM
"Well, ehm...I think ransoming them isn't an option, so maybe we should just leave them here? If we cut them loose they could warn Carter, but I'm not sure about, you know...offing them," Saria says. It's clear by her tone that she doesn't want to kill them and Silas knows that lethal combat makes her stomach turn - at least, that's what she's told him in the past*.

"Didn't Ison- er, Isonduir, didn't she have something she could do to them?" She asks after a moment, briefly struggling with the woman's unusual name. "Perhaps she could do that to them and resolve the issue that way,"

*Her precise wording was something like "I, the best shadow artist this side of anywhere, am far beyond the crude methods of lethal fighting! No offense to you, of course, but it requires far more grace to apply the right level of nonlethal force than to simply cleave a foe in two,".

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-15, 09:51 AM
Silas spins toward Saria's voice.

"I know you disdain killing when we could let them live. But I have seen too many backstabbing cowards like this cretin go free when good and honorable men like their comrades die."

He snorts and spits on the unconscious man.

"I will hear Isonduir out, but I do not plan to leave him untouched."

PersonMan
2013-05-16, 03:31 PM
Nodding, Saria walks to the way out, shaking the shadows off her and coming into view just behind Silas, at the still-closed door.

"Hey, Isonduer, - er, sorry, Isonduir, I think we could have use of your...that thing you mentioned. For the information. Want me to take over watch? Or maybe Sasha could..." Saria speaks just after she opens the door and gets the woman's attention, her last statement accompanied by a glance at the angel in question.

dethkruzer
2013-05-18, 02:42 PM
"You could probably take watch." She replies, addressing Saria. "And might want to warn us if someone comes within earshot of this place, this might get... a little noisy." She then continued, at the same time walking past the woman, pausing for a brief moment to contemplate the best choice of words.

Walking over to the two "guards" who were still awake, she kneels down to have a closer look. "What have they told you thus far, and what is it that you need to know?" Isonduir then asked, looking at Silas and Francis over her shoulder

PersonMan
2013-05-18, 03:07 PM
Stepping out of the warehouse, Saria closes the door softly and, if she can, hides next to the door, keeping her eyes peeled for anyone approaching. It would get conspicuous if there was someone always guarding the door, but this way no one would see that she was...Life was good, being a genius sneak.

Before long, Saria gets curious as to what's going on inside - Isonduir's precise methods and of course whether or not they were talking about her. The urge to try and sneak back in and observe things is strong, but Saria represses it. This was business! There was no way a master of stealth with her iron will and unbending self-control would be defeated by mere curiosity!

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-18, 04:46 PM
"Tis a simple manner," Francis says, returning to his throne on the guard's body, "The man who is now my seat is a coward, the man tied up over there cowering in his boots is afraid of clocks and has not yet revealed to me his breakfast, and they are all law-breaking barnacles sent by the corrupt captain to kill Phillip. The man over there has revealed that we should follow the captain at the time when people desire the consumption of a refreshing meal during the day."
With his small talk finished, Francis sets upon himself to examine the guard he sits on, opening eyelids and looking in ears while whistling a merry tune to himself.

dethkruzer
2013-05-22, 11:39 AM
Nodding slowly, Isonduir than turns to face the duo that are still tied up, leaning forward toward them. "Now, you two probably have reasons that might justify what you have been doing, perhaps you are doing this to feed a family." She start, speaking in a relatively warm tone. "But whatever your reasons might be, it doesn't change the fact that you are free men, and I've seen enough of the world to know that freedom is a commodity not everyone has." She continues in a similar tone, before leaning back slightly.

"You will tell us what we want to know, and I will let you keep that freedom. But if you speak words of deceit, I will releive you of the burden that freedom brings." The woman continued, her tone taking on a much more wicked turn. She then lifted her right hand up, so the two bandits could see it properly, see how her skin began to ooze and substance that looked like dark orange honey, while a pungent smell, like someone had emptied a vat of ammonia into an exotic spice rack, began to spead into the room. Isonduir turned her attention back to Francis. "Bring him over here." She spoke, eferring to the bandit the knight was currently sitting.

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-22, 05:02 PM
Examining the man's ear, Francis's face contorts in horror and disgust as he jumps from the man in the background of Isonduir's talking. When the strange smelling woman asked for the man at Francis's feet, he dusts his hands off in a dramatic manner as if to cleanse off the filth of the criminal. Francis then takes a cloth from his backpack and uses it to drag the man by one foot to Isonduir, like the unconscious had the plague.
"I hope you give him a good scrubbing," Francis says, unbeknownst to everyone else he meant the man's ear.

dethkruzer
2013-05-23, 03:19 PM
Isonduir gives Francis a nod before turning her attention back to the two "guards". "Watch closely now, so you might see what tragic fate truthful words will let you avoid." She spoke in slow, even words, before slamming her oozing hand into the third guards chest.

Dunkoro
Attempting to use Infestation on the third bandit. DC 13 fortitude save to avoid

Dunkoro
2013-05-23, 03:29 PM
[roll0]

The guard collapses in pain, screaming in torment. He is being engulfed by some sort of wines, effectively covering him in a matter of seconds.

dethkruzer
2013-05-24, 01:21 PM
Isonduir looks down, seemingly quiet pleased with what her hand had wrought. Turning her attention to the two remaining guards, she speak. "Now speak, and perhaps you shall avoid this fate."

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-25, 12:09 AM
Silas, who had been watching with a sort of skeptical annoyance, jumped to his feet.

"By my father's blood, that was intense!"

Sasha shakes her head, seeing the fiery renegade's bloodlust sated. He would have killed the man himself, she knew that much. But the spectacular execution had been quite the show.

Dunkoro
2013-05-28, 02:45 PM
The same guard who previously was the fastest to cooperate:
What else would you want to know? I've told you everything I could. Please, let me go...

dethkruzer
2013-05-31, 05:32 AM
Isonduir briefly turns her attention to the other guard. "Anything you would wish to add to that?"

Dunkoro
2013-05-31, 05:34 AM
I don't really HAVE anything to add. I'm a minor member of our group, so you have to understand me not having anything important to say...

TheAmazingOP
2013-05-31, 08:54 PM
"Egad!" Francis cries out as he witnesses the horrivle spell overcome the guard, "He was dishonorable, but by Heironeous, that was uncalled for! He then goes off on a tangent, grumbling about honor and codes in an incoherent way. When he stops, he jabs a finger at Isonduir, saying in a slightly offended voice, "Do what you must with these men who have honored their knowledge to us, but may elven hair have its wrath on you if such deeds are repeated again without provocation!"

Ursus the Grim
2013-05-31, 09:42 PM
As the execution's shock begins to wane, Silas clears his throat and steps between Isonduir and Francis. Sasha sighs. She knows what he is going to say.

"You have a strange definition of 'unprovoked', sir knight. By his actions and his nature he deserved punishment. If you think Heironeous would be on your side if you draw against her, I am prepared to prove you quite wrong."

He spits at the half-orcs feet, his temper inflamed into a show of disrespect. Saying nothing further of it, he heads towards the door.

"Let's get going and cool our heads. We can talk on the way."

PersonMan
2013-06-01, 03:37 AM
Saria, hearing shouting from inside, is only just barely able to keep herself from going back in to see what's going on. Something was obviously happening, as she had heard someone screaming a moment before. She's fairly certain that it was that knight, Francis, who was shouting now. For a few moments, she's distracted by the thoughts of how his neck looked while yelling, but Saria cuts off that train of thought before it gets too far. She was, after all, out here to keep watch, not fantasize about crazy knights.

Even if they were hot.

dethkruzer
2013-06-01, 03:14 PM
Isonduir looks over to the knight and the angelcaller, before nodding, and turning her attention to the bandits. "Well then, it seems the two of you are off the hangmans noose. Think of what you have seen today as a warning of what becomes of evildoers like you. Think of it as a chance to turn your lives around." She spoke, as she began to undo the ropes that bound the two would-be guards. "But heed my words.I f either of you choose to stand in our way, or if I ever encounter you harming the innocent, then I shall not be as merciful." She finishes as she finishes untying the ropes, before standing up and looking around the warehouse, looking for a tarp or similar item which could conceal the "cocoon".

Dunkoro
2013-06-01, 03:16 PM
[roll0]

The bandits don't wait for any more signal and immediately run out of the building, almost knocking over Saria on their way and swiftly dropping into shadows ((OOC: if Saria would've pursued them, feel free to :smallwink:)).

Isonduir finds a leaky blanket, half eaten by moths in a corner, propably forgotten. It could be used to conceal the cocoon, but only if nobody was really searching this place.

PersonMan
2013-06-04, 09:31 AM
Saria is surprised by the sudden emergence of the "guards" from the warehouse and is about to follow them when, glancing behind her, she sees none of the others doing so. Not particularly keen on chasing down a pair of men on her own, she goes back inside, closing the door behind her.

"So, you let them g-what is that?!" Saria stops midsentence to express her astonishment at the odd cocoon in the room. "That wasn't in here when I left. Hey, where's the third guy? Is he wrapped up in that?" She asks after a moment, looking around the room. "Oh, I see, that's the scream I heard, right?"

Ursus the Grim
2013-06-04, 10:50 AM
Silas nods at Saria's assessment, speaking in a stage whisper to her.

"Aye, we gave the bastard a blade to duel Francis and he went after Sasha. Isonduir gave the vermin a fitting funeral, and Prince Charming here has been complaining about it. We should probably be moving on. Swiftly."

PersonMan
2013-06-05, 09:47 AM
Saria listens to Silas' quick summary and raises her eyebrows at a few places. When he mentions Sasha, she winces and turns to the eidolon, offering her a sympathetic smiles and a pat on the shoulder. Her classic response to hearing that she has been injured.

Now enlightened as to the cocoon's origin, Saria looks at it again, more suspiciously. "So...you killed him and grew a cocoon around him?" She asks Isonduir, looking at her a bit differently than before.

At the mention of 'prince charming', Saria giggles briefly. "Oh, I hope not. Those kinds are always boring in bed," she grins mischievously for a brief moment, winking at Francis before quickly continuing. "But that's neither here nor there. What's our plan now? It's too late to pay this captain a visit at his meeting, but I don't think this warehouse is the best place to coordinate our next move,"

Saria leaves entirely unspoken her assumption that these people would work with her and Silas. They could have also been hired the way they were, or have a vendetta, or they would just follow her because of her great charm and natural leadership abilities - in truth, though, she just doesn't consider it. Silas will have noticed her tendency to "conscript" others by just assuming that they will offer their full aid to whatever she is doing. This includes him whenever there's something she doesn't want to do herself.

dethkruzer
2013-06-05, 11:10 AM
Isonduir gives Saria a confused look. "Killed? By the the gods, no. He's still very much alive in there. Let us just say that he will be a changed man once the cocoon hatches." She explains, as if there was absolutely nothing wrong about it.

TheAmazingOP
2013-06-07, 08:07 PM
Keeping his chin up, Francis replies to the leaving man. "I shall forgive you for your stain this time," he says, stomping out the spit near his feet, "Be grateful that the clocks have not yet struck quintuples."

When Saria references to Francis, he becomes confused. He looks at the others around him before realizing he was the intended target. No one had ever heard of a squire and knight together in that sort of relationship, let alone the squire already be female!

Shaking off the puzzled look on his face, he faces the group and declares, "I agree with my squire. We should head back to the castle for recuperation and planning of the plan."

dethkruzer
2013-06-09, 04:13 PM
Isonduir, still not quite used to the knights speech-pattern, took a moment to mentally decipher what had just come out of his mouth. "Leaving seems like a sensible idea, more of those would be guards will no doubt show up sooner or later." She spoke as she proceeded to drag the cocoon to a shadowy corner or whatever place might give some visual cover to it, before covering the cocoon with the moth-eaten blanket.

TheAmazingOP
2013-06-13, 08:47 PM
"If we are all in agreement, then we shall head on!" And with that, Francis walked out of the warehouse in no particular direction. After a few steps, he spins around on his feet and questions the group, "Does anyone happen to know where to go?"

PersonMan
2013-06-15, 08:01 AM
"Well, we could go back to the inn Silas and I are staying at," Saria suggests. "Are you two staying somewhere, or did you arrive here today? If we're going to be working together on this, it'd be good to find a good meeting place," she says.

"I don't think we can do much about this Cutter guy until tomorrow...unless any of you have ideas?" Saria asks, considering whether or not to change her evening plans of drunken revelry. She glances at Francis for a moment, but is fairly certain that he isn't the type to cut loose the way she hopes he will.

TheAmazingOP
2013-06-26, 05:58 PM
"Very well, squire, why don't you lead the way?"
With a scratch of the chin and a thoughtful look toward the ceiling, he added,
"And not so many acidic rats this time..."

PersonMan
2013-06-26, 06:14 PM
Saria sighs. "I doubt telling you I'm not your squire will bring much. Well, I guess blessing someone like you with a sound mind would be a bit over-the-top..." she briefly glances over the odd knight again as she speaks, grinning.

"Anyways, come right along!" Saria starts off with a wave, ushering the others to follow her as she exits the warehouse and goes off towards the inn. On the way she looks at both Francis and Isonduir when she thinks they aren't looking - the first because she enjoys looking at the knight, the latter because she's debating whether or not to ask her how she grew a large plant-like cocoon around a man in the course of a few minutes.

Dunkoro
2013-06-27, 03:33 AM
You all arrive at the inn without further problems, the innkeeper seems surprised that the knight obtained friends, but after he gets his coin, he gives you acces to the rooms without hesitation.

PersonMan
2013-06-29, 04:22 PM
Saria grins as she leads the group up the stairs, heading for her room, waving at them to follow her. It's the largest, she reasons, and the best-equipped for planning.

"Come on up. It's not often I have so many people in my room, but I think it's the best place to discuss things with some privacy," the spy says, coming up to the door and swiftly unlocking it (she can't help but do so with a flourish), stepping into the room. It's perhaps 15 by 20 feet and comprised of three rooms.

The first, and largest, is dominated by a table covered in clutter, with four sturdy chairs around it. Just after opening the door, Saria lets out a quiet "Eep!" and rushes in, throwing a black jacket over one small group of things, shoving a small pile of dice, coins and rolled up pieces of paper out of view. She picks up a pair of empty mugs off one of the chairs and sets them off the table, spilling a drop or two onto the floor. Next she walks to the next chair, does a double-take and quickly stuffs something pink under her jacket, striding into the next room.

You catch a glimpse of a very untidy bed (with a corset and various other articles of clothing strewn across it) before she closes the door, briefly disappearing inside the room. Off to the left of the door, on the wall also to your left, is another door, this one closed. Before long, Saria emerges from her room, sighing as she closes the door before straightening quickly, smiling in an exaggerated manner at the rest of the party.

"Well! Uh, it's a bit messy, but we can talk without worry about being heard here. Feel free to take a seat," Saria says, herself sitting on the chair that formerly carried the two mugs, leisurely stretching herself over the back, glancing at Francis for a moment as she does so.

"So, then...any plans for how we deal with this Cutter guy, apart from 'walk up and arrest him'?" She asks, looking at everyone.

Ursus the Grim
2013-07-01, 12:05 PM
Silas wanders leisurely into the room. He's not surprised by the mess, having suspected that she prefers fun to tidiness. He takes up a spot next to the door and prepares to listen to what the others have to say after giving his thoughts.

"Well, we could lure him out, then take him down. Perhaps offering a bribe for him to look the other way? Something he wouldn't want many extra eyes around for. One on one, I wouldn't want to face him without Saria, but with everyone ready to join in, things would go swiftly."

TheAmazingOP
2013-07-01, 05:55 PM
As expected of a squire, her room is quite under par for a knight in training. The room was something other squires would receive one hundred lashings for, but given the fact that she just became a squire and a woman, he decided it was enough to give just a stern look around the room and then at the squire. Francis believes she can learn, hopefully as fast as those demon raptors he has thought he had fought...

"Perhaps we should base our first actions not solely on how to get the captain, but the ripples which follow it? How will the people react? How will we root the catfish from the dog fruit?"

dethkruzer
2013-07-02, 04:44 AM
Isonduir give the knight an approving nod. "You do have a point. Assuming this is someone the public trusts, confronting him in the open could cause quite the backlash." She speaks.

She paces back and forth, thinking. "But what if we could find some proof of his corruption, that could avoid any public backlash, and make the task of taking him down easier." She finally says, snapping her fingers.

PersonMan
2013-07-05, 05:37 PM
Saria nods. "That sounds like a good idea, but...how would we get this evidence? That man who could be a witness ran off, so we don't really-" she smacks the table with one palm as she realizes something. "Silas and I were hired by the mayor, we could talk to him about how to deal with this now that we know Cutter's the one he wanted us to find,"

Quite pleased with herself, Saria nods. If all went well, the mayor would deal with the evidence problem, too! They would be paid in no time.

TheAmazingOP
2013-07-07, 02:25 AM
"Then perhaps we should hurry," Francis says, straightening himself and moving towards the door, "For the gnomes tell me that the mayor may be in danger from the insect captain I saw was missing earlier today."

PersonMan
2013-07-16, 08:23 AM
Saria takes a moment to digest what Francis has said as she stands. "Eh...what? Can you explain that again?" She asks, following the odd knight, glancing at the others with a questioning look on her face.

Ursus the Grim
2013-07-16, 12:02 PM
Silas merely shrugs and shakes his head in disbelief. She's fond of the lunatic, she's gonna have to try and understand him.

TheAmazingOP
2013-07-18, 02:05 AM
Drawing out his sword in an exaggerated manner, Francis replies to the dumbfounded group, "The captain shall know of our tomfoolery once those thugs and I have not returned, and I fear that both the well-being of the mayor and ourselves will be jeopardized without our haste to inform the mayor as soons as possible."
With a non-coherent warcry, Francis rushes out the door he came in just a few minutes ago, out of the tavern, and through the town.
It was only during the middle of his heroic charge did it occur to Francis that he had no idea where he was going. But it was alright, because knights always found their true way.

dethkruzer
2013-07-18, 01:07 PM
Isonduir stares at the door almost as if the local bully had brought a sledgehammer to her head,before finally snapping out of it, turning her attention to the other members of the "party". "As much as I would like to have a plan for this, I think we should follow him, lest he gets himself killed, or worse."

PersonMan
2013-07-18, 01:28 PM
Saria nods. "It sounds...important, what he's saying, but mixed in with so much nonsense it's hard to understand,"

With that, she continues following Francis, hurrying to catch up to the odd knight.

Dunkoro
2013-07-22, 07:25 AM
Francis
You arrive at mayor's without any trouble along the way.

TheAmazingOP
2013-07-25, 01:48 AM
Running up to the mayor and taking a knightly kneel at the feet, as customary to the ruler of the land, Francis explained as clearly as possible the situation to him.

"There's been a horrible explosion at the integrity offices!" The foul elf leading your guardians is actually disguised as a troll! We must take action immediately, for I fear the captain may already know of our correct-doings!"

Dunkoro
2013-07-25, 01:53 AM
Francis
What are you talking about? Who are you? What do you want with me? I do not understand.

Saria, Isonguir and presumably Silas with Sasha too
You arrive at mayor's office undisturbed, with his secretary telling you that someone's inside already and you should propably not interrupt.

PersonMan
2013-07-25, 01:58 AM
Saria frowns. Couldn't this woman see they were all in the same group? She had been right behind him, after all.

"Yes, he's actually our colleague. And...not especially good at talking to people. He'll probably spout a bunch of nonsense and be incredibly confusing without someone to more or less translate," she explains.

Dunkoro
2013-07-25, 01:59 AM
Ohh, you are with him? Then by all means come in.

PersonMan
2013-07-25, 02:10 AM
Saria nods, smiling briefly, then walks through the not quite unfamiliar building to get to the mayor's office. She's rather curious as to what state of confusion they'll find the man in.

Dunkoro
2013-07-25, 02:14 AM
{{Assuming Silas and Isonduir follow}}
You enter just as mayor finishes:
[...] not understand.

Then he turns towards the newcomers.

Are you with him? Maybe you'll be able to clarify what he was trying to tell me?

PersonMan
2013-07-25, 02:17 AM
Saria nods. "We should be able to. What was he saying?"

Dunkoro
2013-07-25, 02:23 AM
Something abound an explosion, a troll and guard captain. I didn't really understand any of it.

PersonMan
2013-08-03, 04:19 PM
"Ah, well...I think that he means that we've found the traitor, it's Cutter, and...well, we were going to tell you tomorrow, but he said you needed to know right now, so, um. Maybe he means they have some kind of plan that's going to spring today?" Saria is clearly working out what she says as she goes along, looking between Francis and the mayor the whole time.

Why are the hot ones always the most difficult? She asks herself. He couldn't just be charming, no, he had to be insane, too. Saria can't imagine how the others deal with him, if he wasn't so yummy-looking and charming she wouldn't be able to.

TheAmazingOP
2013-08-05, 02:05 AM
Francis is frustrated. How could these people not be in a frenzy right now? Time is wasting, and everyone knows justice does not rest. What horrible deeds could the captain do to people in a night if the law was resting? Francis shudders just at the thought of it.

Slowly, Francis speaks in a blocky pattern to make sure everyone around him understands what his simple words mean.

"Saria is correct. We must hurry to apprehend him, however, for I fear he may know about the kebabs we are cooking and so he may counter with his own! I've known him far too long, and know the types of evil he is capable of! Come along, crew!"

For the third time that day, Francis charges out of the room to the captain's headquarters, hoping his bravery and courage would inspire his comrades to do the same.

PersonMan
2013-08-05, 03:11 PM
"Uh...he means Cutter could be planning to do something this night. Maybe an attack on you or similar?" Saria says before she is pulled off by Francis' enthusiasm, following him. Despite the severity of the situation, she glows at the knight's acknowledgment of her being correct. Of course she was right! Hopefully he'd come around more completely later and see what he would be missing if he didn't make a move...

Dunkoro
2013-08-11, 04:28 AM
Wait, what? You don't mean...

You don't hear him finish due to you leaving his office.

Ursus the Grim
2013-08-16, 10:59 PM
Silas bows mockingly as they leave again. What a lunatic. But it seems we'll soon see action again.