PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Build

Coffman
2013-04-02, 05:52 AM
Hello all, I am trying to make a build based of Raiden from Metal Gear Rising samurai build for a game. The books allowed are core+completes and all others on asking as a case by case basis. Currently have my first five levels as this homebrewed samurai class:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163793

I believe I'm going to be using the crab clan for a knockback style fighter but I would also like to have a few more tricks up my sleeve. What would be some good additions to the class that would make him more versatile in and out of combat. Also how would one go about optimizing iaijutsu focus past the first round of combat with a bastard sword.

Thanks in advance.

Yora
2013-04-02, 05:55 AM
How about psychic warrior? They get access to some really cool powers that would fit the concept.

Or a Swordsage, if you use Tome of Battle.

limejuicepowder
2013-04-02, 05:58 AM
My personal opinion is that all samurai builds need Imperious Command and Never Outnumbered - freezing the blood of multiple enemies with just a glance is the 2nd thing people think about after a katana when thinking about samurai.

Just my 2 cents.

Coffman
2013-04-02, 06:28 AM
I'm actually in the process of trying to get either to be allowed in the campaign as it would make the process so much easier. But as far as I know I can only use the classes of core and the completes as well as the listed homebrew. I was thinking about using Imperious command and Never outnumbered but is it worth the charisma to put in there. My stats are going to be an 18, 16, 15, 14, 12, and another 12.

Thanks again.

danzibr
2013-04-02, 07:03 AM
I don't think the fear feats and abilities fit Raiden. Swordsage seems the way to go for him.

Coffman
2013-04-02, 09:16 AM
How does Samurai 5/Warblade 1/ Swordsage 10/ Master of the Nine 5 sound? I figure I should use the diamond mind and shadow hand disciplines with a little iron heart and stone dragon mixed in. What would be some good feat choices and is there any good ways to flat foot opponents reliably in a round?