PDA

View Full Version : Low Templar build advice (pathfinder)

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-02, 06:25 AM
Basically what the title says. My friend is running a game and I'm interested in the class. I don't know starting level at the moment. What's a good starting class for this prestige class?

grarrrg
2013-04-02, 05:45 PM
Basically what the title says. My friend is running a game and I'm interested in the class. I don't know starting level at the moment. What's a good starting class for this prestige class?

Well, looking at the Pre-Reqs, you need Mounted Combat as a feat and 5 ranks in Ride, but Low Templar gives you NO Mount-related bonuses...
So you'll either have to waste a feat, deal with a sub-par mount, or go Cavalier for 4 levels and take the Horse Master (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/horse-master-combat) feat.
If you do go with the Horse Master method, then you may as well take either the Emissary archetype, or the Gendarme archetype, both can nab Mounted Combat as a bonus feat.

The Dirty Fighting ability gives you a +2 on ALL Combat Maneuver checks, so focusing on one of those could be a solid choice.

Blyte
2013-04-02, 07:56 PM
I like the low templar, kinda a punisher type who likes bullying the bad guys.

I like the +2 to all CMBs as well.

I'd suggest doing it as a fighter to get a few of those combat maneuvers, and eating the mounted combat feat.

bonus points if you make him a halfling with a chip on his shoulder, but ignore the combat manuevers as a halfling, as you won't be able to bully any huge monsters with enlarge person :(

simply focus on damage I suppose.

Halfling Fighter
1 power attack
1 big game hunter
2 weapon focus
3 risky striker
4 weapon specialization
5 mounted combat

7 cleave
9 improved critical
11 great cleave
13 cleaving finish
15 greater cleaving finish

in the upper levels, get haste, move in and do a big cleave ("ruthless" + great cleave + greater cleaving finish), then use "parting shots" to withdraw.

use a +4 vicious, holy, axiomatic, bane evil outsiders, falchion and smite some evil ...minus the smite evil...

avr
2013-04-02, 09:26 PM
The Ruthless ability benefits from being able to do a lot of damage in one hit. A rogue with the skulking slayer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/half-orc/skulking-slayer-rogue-half-orc) archetype may be for you.

Unfortunately the paladin's smite evil ability takes a swift action too so that's out as an alternative. A ranger with the guide archetype though could spend the swift action to designate a target in a different round, so that's an option.