PDA

View Full Version : First Timers: Playing The Artificer.

Barkos
2013-04-02, 10:02 AM
So last Week I made a Level one Artificer, Race Shifter. Yes I know that's like the worse thing to pick but I was stuck with the race. So With a strength of Ten I know That I can't being getting people face with melee weapons, But I found out the Crossbow works Fairly well. Still At level one. What Could I do?
I mean I can Scribe scrolls, But Do I need to know the spell to scribe said scroll? In any case, What infusions should I take, And Do you Learn more infusions as you go up in levels, OR Do you just have infusions kinda like a sorcerer? Also I took point blank shot as a first level feat, Kinda didn't what to take any suggestions with that.. Any help will do...I got my ass kicked by an ambush of barbarians but I was saved by Two other p.cs. :smallbiggrin:

Barkos
2013-04-02, 10:04 AM
P.S I do feel a little underpowered because Everybody got a crazy with templets and LA.

prufock
2013-04-02, 10:55 AM
P.S I do feel a little underpowered because Everybody got a crazy with templets and LA.

If you're a level 1 shifter artificer, and other players have level adjustments, you ARE underpowered. You should all have an equal ECL. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but it sounds like they're playing higher level characters than you.

Crossbow is a good choice for low level artificers. You'll want to put magebane, humanbane, or some other bane on it when you can. At level 1 your crafting ability is limited, but you can invest in some scrolls/potions.

EDIT: Remember that it's cheaper to enchant ammunition in the short term.

Bakeru
2013-04-02, 11:52 AM
In any case, What infusions should I take, And Do you Learn more infusions as you go up in levels, OR Do you just have infusions kinda like a sorcerer?You know all infusions of every level you can "cast". So, if you can use first level infusions, you know all first level infusions, and can use them spontaneous. It's a bit like a Warmage/Dread Necromancer/Beguiler, except it isn't like that at all because infusions aren't spells.

gorfnab
2013-04-02, 12:26 PM
Artificer Handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5929.0)