PDA

View Full Version : paladin help

galan
2013-04-02, 10:30 AM
hello playground

i will start playing a 11th level paladin soon, and i'm pretty new to 4e so i have no idea what i'm doing.
i want to ride a griffon, so i think i'll take "Hordelands Nomad" theme for free "Mounted Combat" feat. do i have a better choice?

now, i use this guide (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19649038/Pillars_of_Faith_(and_Facestabs):_The_Paladins_Han dbook) for choosing powers, but i have no idea about feats. any feat that i must have? (note: i will play a chaladin, with 23 cha and 17 wis)
(i'm also not sure about paragon path, but i think it will be easier for me to choose). my DM have almost every book out there, so it's not a problem.

Macros
2013-04-11, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, I don't think there's really a "must have" feat for a paladin of your level. I used to play a straladin, so not quite the same thing, but there's not that many difference. Of the top of my head...

- try to look up the feat that gives you one more use of Lay on Hands (or the substitute you took) each time you reach a milestone (also gives you one more surge a day, nothing to sneeze at). Always useful if you are on a busy day.
- Versatile Expertise, as always, is a necessity, but that's true for pretty much any build.
- Knight in Shining Armor might be worth considering if your DM rules the bonus applies to your mount. Forget it otherwise.
- Polearm Gambit is very good if you go with a Reach Weapon (and given you're going for a rider build, that seems likely). Beware the return fire, though.

Not sure what else I can say, I'll look up my old character sheet one of day, see if I can find any idea.

galan
2013-04-11, 05:03 PM
thank you, i really needed that help with feats. this is the only part i need to finish before the paladin is over :smallsmile:

Tegu8788
2013-04-11, 07:28 PM
Forget Versatile Expertise, Paladins have better options.

Are you sword and board? Devout Protector Expertise!

Two handed weapon? Mighty Crusader Expertise!

Macros
2013-04-12, 02:47 AM
Oh yeah, Essentials, keep forgetting. Look that up, then.

galan
2013-04-18, 01:16 PM
hi- thinks for the replys. sorry is didn't answer, i already finished the paladin and forgot to check here again.