PDA

View Full Version : Baldur's Gate 2 help, again

Immabozo
2013-04-02, 11:48 AM
So I am quite aggravated. A while ago I decided it might be fun to, for a very short run, cause they are never fun for long, a solo run of BG2 with cheaty mccheaterson and cheat in all the best equipment. When I escaped Irenicus' dungeon in about 2 minutes, the game crashed and the screen went pink and I had to crtl + alt + delete close the game. After that happened, my solo run that was almost finished (on the hardest difficulty, this makes my cry like a little baby) would crash the game after 3/4 loading, every time.

So I deleted the game and reinstalled, twice. I started a solo game and then some time after coming out of Irenicus' Dungeon, the same problem, the game crashed 3/4th through trying to save it and then crashes when I try to load it.

I love this game and I am determined to finish a solo run on the hardest difficulty, then through Watcher's keep and Throne of Bhaal. Although I should probably play Throne of Bhaal through with a 6 man party first...

Can anybody help me?

Calemyr
2013-04-02, 12:18 PM
So I am quite aggravated. A while ago I decided it might be fun to, for a very short run, cause they are never fun for long, a solo run of BG2 with cheaty mccheaterson and cheat in all the best equipment. When I escaped Irenicus' dungeon in about 2 minutes, the game crashed and the screen went pink and I had to crtl + alt + delete close the game. After that happened, my solo run that was almost finished (on the hardest difficulty, this makes my cry like a little baby) would crash the game after 3/4 loading, every time.

So I deleted the game and reinstalled, twice. I started a solo game and then some time after coming out of Irenicus' Dungeon, the same problem, the game crashed 3/4th through trying to save it and then crashes when I try to load it.

I love this game and I am determined to finish a solo run on the hardest difficulty, then through Watcher's keep and Throne of Bhaal. Although I should probably play Throne of Bhaal through with a 6 man party first...

Can anybody help me?

What mods are you using? Are you playing it in XP-Compatible mode? Do you have the last patch they released for the game?

Although I can't say I really understand where you're coming from. Baldur's Gate without the NPCs just doesn't strike me as fun. The characters are the life blood of the game, to my mind. Jan trying to steal Boo, Mazzy declaring Valygar as her squire, Minsc recruiting Aerie as his new witch... that is where I always derived my fun.

Immabozo
2013-04-02, 12:28 PM
What mods are you using? Are you playing it in XP-Compatible mode? Do you have the last patch they released for the game?

Although I can't say I really understand where you're coming from. Baldur's Gate without the NPCs just doesn't strike me as fun. The characters are the life blood of the game, to my mind. Jan trying to steal Boo, Mazzy declaring Valygar as her squire, Minsc recruiting Aerie as his new witch... that is where I always derived my fun.

I cannot find the patches when I go looking, so no patches installed, the only mod is on to remove the level cap up to level 50. I am running Windows 7, installed outside "Program Files" and always start the game through right click "run as administrator"

While I agree, the characters are fun (I never saw the Jan trying to steal Boo!) I am trying it for something different and a challenge. a Fighter/Mage/Thief solo is a lot of fun, entirely different tactics must be used, it's like a different game almost. I learned the art of the backstab well, haha. Also, Improved haste, backstab, mislead, activate critical hit HLA, then back stab everyone concentrating on your mislead illusion is an incredible amazing tactic. Also, similacrum becomes INFINITELY better!

Animastryfe
2013-04-02, 12:50 PM
You can find the official patches here (http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_misc.php). If you bought the game from gog.com, then it would be already patched.

Immabozo
2013-04-02, 01:17 PM
You can find the official patches here (http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/index_misc.php). If you bought the game from gog.com, then it would be already patched.

Thank you!

Triaxx
2013-04-03, 06:20 AM
I believe Spellhold Studios has Dungeon-be-gone. It'll add an NPC that pops up in the starting dungeon and gets you very quickly to the exit.

Talesin
2013-04-03, 08:27 AM
Also try unfinished business, that has a fun quest involving Minsc and Boo (and the boolets) :D

Immabozo
2013-04-03, 11:18 AM
Also try unfinished business, that has a fun quest involving Minsc and Boo (and the boolets) :D

that sounds fun!