PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Phoenix trailer

Millikin_Erreene
2006-11-17, 11:11 PM
Short trailer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/orderofthephoenix/10seconds/10sec_500.mov

TinSoldier
2006-11-17, 11:15 PM
That's too short to get a really good feel for it.

Millikin_Erreene
2006-11-17, 11:37 PM
Mugglenet.com reports that a trailer for the Harry Potter movie will appear on Nov. 20th on the official Happy Feet website.

ray53208
2006-11-18, 08:32 AM
i dont know... the last movie was not really up to snuff. it was choppy and lackluster. the first three were much better.

bosssmiley
2006-11-18, 09:00 AM
As the film reviewer of the Times said when LOTR:FOTR first came out: "Harry who?" :smallwink:

Jerthanis
2006-11-18, 04:55 PM
Here's hoping they don't screw it up as bad as #4!

And the actors are getting WAY too old. It'd be too jarring to switch actors now, but by the time movie 7 comes out they'll be like 25 year olds playing the roles of 17 year olds.

Angela
2006-11-19, 03:46 AM
And the actors are getting WAY too old. It'd be too jarring to switch actors now, but by the time movie 7 comes out they'll be like 25 year olds playing the roles of 17 year olds.

Can't remember exactly where off the top of my head, but hasn't that been done relatively successfully before??

Logic
2006-11-19, 03:58 AM
Every stupid teen drama has up to 30 year olds playing high-school students.
Some actors are even on the verge of balding...

And as it stands right now, they are 16-17 year olds playing 15 year olds, in the 5th movie of 7.
They got plenty of time.
Assume it takes them 2 years for each of the next 2 movies, and that is 18-19 year olds playing 16 year olds, and 20-21 year olds playing 17 year olds.

McDeath
2006-11-21, 05:19 PM
Why must you make my eyes bleed? WHY?!

Seriously, the books are decent fiction, but not that great. There's no need to go around inflicting pain on others.

Guess it's my fault for clicking the link. Stupid curiosity. More bad acting ahoy!

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-21, 05:33 PM
Here I am, a 23 year old who a few months had no idea what Harry Potter was besides for a name I often heard. Just to see what the hype is I rented the first movie from the library and went and got the rest. I'm now hooked :smalleek:

Thinking of even going through the books now...

dariathalon
2006-11-21, 05:40 PM
The books are better, I'd recommend them. Not the best books out there, but an okay read. If you got into the movies at all then pick up the books. The farther you go, the more the movies leave out (and much of what they drop is important!) Don't feel bad though, I'm older than you are (26) and someone older than me (45-ish) got me into reading them.

Dumbledore lives
2006-11-24, 05:28 PM
The books are really good, best books I've ever read but then again I'm a huge HP fan. The movies have left out so much stuff recently I don't think that you get the experience unless you read the books. Especially for things like time in the fifth and third books, they just can't explain it the way J.K.R. can.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-11-24, 06:11 PM
The books are okay, they peak at about 4 i'd say, personnally i'm loosing faith in JKR, as for the movies number 3 is the only one worth watching in my mind, the first two were horridly cheesy/ filled with bad acting by the leads, 3 benifited greatly from a different director and the two supporting actors helped make up for Radcliffe's weakness. The fourth one [movie] was just a bad idea, too big a book for a single movie...

Bookman
2006-11-24, 07:03 PM
The books are okay, they peak at about 4 i'd say, personnally i'm loosing faith in JKR, as for the movies number 3 is the only one worth watching in my mind, the first two were horridly cheesy/ filled with bad acting by the leads, 3 benifited greatly from a different director and the two supporting actors helped make up for Radcliffe's weakness. The fourth one [movie] was just a bad idea, too big a book for a single movie...
How odd.

I utterly HATED the 3rd movie it took a great book and ripped it into SHREDS.

As for the movie.....I withold judgement till I see it.

And please stop with the "too old" arguement. They're 16 and 17 if I remember correctly. That isn't that big a difference. Anyways Hermione is 16 in the 5th book.

*knows too much*

Flabbicus
2006-11-24, 08:15 PM
*knows too much*

*Points out that his sister has Mugglenet as her homepage and listened to podcasts of them everyday in the car, also points out that she's catching up to me with the number of times she's read the books (which is a feat unto itself...)*

Bookman
2006-11-24, 08:18 PM
*Points out that his sister has Mugglenet as her homepage and listened to podcasts of them everyday in the car, also points out that she's catching up to me with the number of times she's read the books (which is a feat unto itself...)*
You two win! :smile::wink:

I admit I'm not as raving as I used to be.

Jerthanis
2006-11-24, 11:04 PM
I thought the third was a good movie despite the fact that they took the most important plot revelation in the book and sped up the lines to the point that even having read the books multiple times I had trouble following it. (when Harry is under the invisibility cloak in the Three Broomsticks and the Minister is talking about Sirius) And despite making Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle into comic relief snivelling weaklings. I felt it did what it had to, it got in, got the job done, and left, and the small errors like Harry walking around in the forbidden forest talking with Lupin, and the "You have your mother's eyes." *closeup on Harry's extremely blue eyes* goofs were somewhat excusable.

However, number four was just about the dumbest piece of cinema which could be made out of that book. Skipping the action of the World Cup without completely cutting it was a bad choice, especially since they left out the most important part. But anyway, the trials were distinctly unthreatening, the plot flowed at a shuttering speed, sometimes skipping ahead without explaination or transition, sometimes wasting way too much time with throwaway scenes. The fight at the end followed nothing even resembling a logical pattern, and the cartoony death eaters were distinctly nonthreatening as insultingly unsubtle imitations of the KKK and their racial prejudices. At every point which they could have laid groundwork for a mystery or plot exposition they chose not to, and at every point they could have cut out entire scenes for expedience they chose not to. It's breathtakingly sad when the best scene in the entire fourth movie is when Moaning Myrtle is hitting on an extremely uncomfortable Harry.

AHEM, anyway... My pointed hatred of movie 4 aside, I hope they do the Department of Mysteries chase/fight scene all in one long shot, like the scaling the restraunt in Tom-Yoong-goong (The Protector) or at least just make it really awesome... like if CYF had a wand-fight.

Dhavaer
2006-11-25, 07:18 AM
Personally, I didn't think Umbridge was ugly enough. She just didn't capture the 'toad' image.

The Valiant Turtle
2006-11-26, 01:39 PM
I seem to be on the same wavelength as Bookman on this. In general I truly despised the 3rd movie. It's only redeeming factor was Lupin. It was really odd, the actor looks nothing like the Lupin I had in my head, but by the end of the movie he had me totally convinced. Otherwise, I'd rather forget that movie exists.

I really thought that they did an outstanding job on the 4th movie. It certainly could have beneffited from another hour or three, but they weren't given that option and considering the time limits, I think they did exceptionally well.

All I want from the next movie is:

I want Dumbledore to be totally in command during the duel with Voldemort. I don't want it to be like most movie duels where the good guy does something clever to beat out the bad guy. I want it to show that Voldemort is totally out-classed. That chapter title "The only one he ever feared" and I want to see fear in Voldemort's eyes!

The rest of the movie can be terrible, I just want that scene to rock the house!

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-11-26, 01:44 PM
My feelings on books to moives is that i don't really care about it as an adaptation unless they totally change the majority of plot (IE V for Vendetta). I look at them as movies, i saw the first 2 movies as terrible movies and the 3rd the best piece of cinema, and really the only one i'd bother seeing more than once.

Em
2006-11-26, 04:58 PM
I tend to have "little moments" whenever people discuss the films of books and don't mention the books, or mention the films first.
sighaolrt934&*£Q&)£()£*%£*)"*£"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, I'm done.
I love the Harry Potter books, and think the films are quite good - I have hopes for the fifth one.

Bookman
2006-11-26, 11:33 PM
I seem to be on the same wavelength as Bookman on this. In general I truly despised the 3rd movie. It's only redeeming factor was Lupin. It was really odd, the actor looks nothing like the Lupin I had in my head, but by the end of the movie he had me totally convinced. Otherwise, I'd rather forget that movie exists.

I didn't like Lupin. Partly cause of "that thing that crawled on his lip"

And other reasons too of course :smalltongue:

My feelings on books to moives is that i don't really care about it as an adaptation unless they totally change the majority of plot (IE V for Vendetta). I look at them as movies, i saw the first 2 movies as terrible movies and the 3rd the best piece of cinema, and really the only one i'd bother seeing more than once.

See to me you can't irrevocably remove a movie or a book from the other. Which is why the 3rd movie made me very angry :smalltongue:

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-27, 01:02 AM
I despise Harry's haircut in that clip.

I like the books, and thought the movies were so-so, worth watching. I'm probably gonna see this one.

bdh5533
2006-11-27, 01:32 AM
Can't remember exactly where off the top of my head, but hasn't that been done relatively successfully before??

back to the future comes immediately to mind, and lots of others. i think the big problem comes about this time of 18 year olds playing 14-15 year olds.

WampaX
2006-11-27, 11:33 AM
Here I am, a 23 year old who a few months had no idea what Harry Potter was besides for a name I often heard. Just to see what the hype is I rented the first movie from the library and went and got the rest. I'm now hooked :smalleek:

Thinking of even going through the books now...

I did this after the second movie had come out and the fourth book was just around the corner.
Watched the first film on HBO and consumed the books before watching the second film.

I tend to agree that as stand alone films, they don't work very well, but as visual representations of the books, they do a relatively good job of condensing the books' contents. That said, they are still a Reader's Digest condensed version and do generally pale when held up next to the source material.