PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy Optimization?

Legendxp
2013-04-02, 05:13 PM
I've been looking for a way to get the highest diplomacy bonus out there and this is what I got so far.

Adu’ja Race from Dragon Magazine Issue #317 grants a +4 bonus
I can't post the source but there is a brief tidbit about them here:
http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/lorenvale/races.htm

5 ranks in Bluff, grants a +2 bonus
5 ranks in Knowledge (nobility and royalty), grants a +2 bonus
5 ranks in Sense Motive, grants a +2 bonus

Negotiator feat grants a +2 bonus

Recognized Leader feat grants a +1 bonus if you take the Leadership Feat, this is from Dragon Magazine #334

Voice of Winds feat grants a +2 bonus if you take the Air Bloodline feat and you are capable of casting 2nd level arcane spells, this is from Dragon Magazine #311

Nimbus of Light feat grants a +2 bonus when dealing with Good creatures, this is from Book of Exalted Deeds

Nymph's Kiss feat grants a +2 bonus on charisma related skill checks

Sacred Vow feat grants a +2 bonus

Vow of Peace grants a +4 bonus, if you have also taken Sacred Vow

Honest trait grants a +1 bonus

Polite trait grants a +1 bonus

I haven't made my character yet but I'll be putting all my points into charisma. Is there a class I don't know about that gives skill bonus?
I'll also be trying to optimize this character as a low level. (Level 10 or lower) And yes, I'll be taking 2 flaws. Anything else I missed?

Divide by Zero
2013-04-02, 05:21 PM
Adu'ja has +2 LA, so that's probably not such a good choice. Half-Elf is usally the default race for a Diplomancer, since both Half-Elf Paragon and Human Paragon help you out.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-02, 05:24 PM
Skill Focus? Also, go Factotum to 1/day add your Factotum level to the skill check.

Coidzor
2013-04-02, 05:28 PM
Diplomancers ahoy. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56278)

The Invocation "Beguiling Influence" allows Warlocks to get a +6 to their social skills, accessible via a 1 level dip. I believe there's a corresponding invocation that Dragonfire Adepts have as well that applies to intimidation or sense motive.

TuggyNE
2013-04-02, 06:02 PM
I'm a little puzzled by this thread, since Diplomancy is pretty much a solved problem?

thethird
2013-04-02, 06:15 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9217166&postcount=4) (only 5 lvls)

Featwise Karmic Twin (Oriental Adventures) is another +2 to Charisma checks, and charisma based skill checks.

Phelix-Mu
2013-04-02, 06:30 PM
There was a thread on this not too long ago...

I think the bonus was jacked to something crazy stupid like +280 or something. I can't remember the OP for that thread at the moment. It was using some kind of artificer build. Got pretty crazy.

137beth
2013-04-02, 07:23 PM
I've been looking for a way to get the highest diplomacy bonus out there and this is what I got so far.
What level are we talking about? If there is no restriction on ECL then you can get arbitrarily high diplomacy......

Actually, pun-pun takes care of everything. Arbitrarily high charisma, done.

meemaas
2013-04-02, 08:03 PM
Don't forget your one level dip into Marshall for Cha to your Cha based skills a second time. Maybe also a one level dip into Binder too, if you have that many levels, just for the take ten on Diplomacy checks from Naberius

Diovid
2013-04-03, 02:49 AM
To summarize, some usual ingredients of diplomancers are:

(Desert) Half-Elf
1 level of Marshal
1 level of Bard (for the Half-Elf Bard substitution level, Races of Destiny)
1 level of Binder
1 level of Warlock
1 level of Dragonfire Adept
1 level of Exemplar
1 level of Cleric (for the Herald and Mind domains)
Half-Elf Paragon
Human Paragon
Polite and Honest traits
The feat Complementary Insight (Half-Elf only, Races of Destiny)
The feat Sociable Personality (Half-Elf only, Races of Destiny)
Exalted feats
The feat Item Familiar
Middle age (or older)
Cha-boosting templates (Unseelie Fey, Magic-Blooded)
Cha and diplomacy boosting items

Then there are feats like Apprentice (Entertainer), Negotiator and Skill Focus.

The skill trick Social Recovery (Complete Scoundrel) might be worth while.

SowZ
2013-04-03, 02:56 AM
You can take a look at mine, right now I think it is the highest level 20 diplomacy but it is heavily reliant on items. There is a build I could find for you that is the best which doesn't rely on items.

Shaynythyryas
2013-04-03, 03:09 AM
Don't forget to buy a Circlet of Persuasion : it gives you a +3 on charisma-related checks.

TuggyNE
2013-04-03, 04:54 AM
Don't forget to buy a Circlet of Persuasion : it gives you a +3 on charisma-related checks.

Competence bonus, so doesn't stack with (most) skill-boosting magic items.

Pilo
2013-04-03, 07:13 AM
Not sure if that is what you are looking for but there is the Jumplomancer (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious), which is quite optimised at diplomacy and get a +370 bonus.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-03, 09:22 AM
Not sure if that is what you are looking for but there is the Jumplomancer (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870138/The_Jumplomancer_-_are_you_serious), which is quite optimised at diplomacy and get a +370 bonus.
Haha, yeah. That's perhaps my favorite high-op trick. Don't forget to be a Thri-Keen (40 foot movement speed and a racial +30 to jump), cast jump, and swill a potion of expeditious retreat. That'll add another 60+ whatever the enhanced movement speeds work out to.

zoobob9
2013-04-03, 09:40 AM
Haha, yeah. That's perhaps my favorite high-op trick. Don't forget to be a Thri-Keen (40 foot movement speed and a racial +30 to jump), cast jump, and swill a potion of expeditious retreat. That'll add another 60+ whatever the enhanced movement speeds work out to.

When talking about mechanical bonus, there's a build that I've never seen mentioned in here. Might as well reveal what my friend has dubbed the spell cleric.

The build is variable, but there are three essential parts:
Exemplar, from complete adventurer
Persist spell, from complete arcane, I believe
Footsteps of the divine, from complete champion.
Divine metamagic helps a lot, but you could use other metamagic reducer feats.

Footsteps gives a fifty foot enhancement to speed for like ten rounds. But you can give the remaining rounds up for ten feet per round left. So that's like 150 feet per one round.

Unless you persist it. Then its about 14,000 feet per round. Using the jump check speed bonus in ph1, that's +5756 to jump, without ranks, a d20, magic items, anything like that.

Use the exemplar "other skill to diplomacy" thing, and you have a 57k bonus to diplomacy.

Probably enough to haggle yourself a free night at the inn, depending on your DM.

Vaz
2013-04-03, 09:44 AM
That's because the Footsteps of the Divine has been debunked.

Divide by Zero
2013-04-03, 12:48 PM
When talking about mechanical bonus, there's a build that I've never seen mentioned in here. Might as well reveal what my friend has dubbed the spell cleric.

The build is variable, but there are three essential parts:
Exemplar, from complete adventurer
Persist spell, from complete arcane, I believe
Footsteps of the divine, from complete champion.
Divine metamagic helps a lot, but you could use other metamagic reducer feats.

Footsteps gives a fifty foot enhancement to speed for like ten rounds. But you can give the remaining rounds up for ten feet per round left. So that's like 150 feet per one round.

Unless you persist it. Then its about 14,000 feet per round. Using the jump check speed bonus in ph1, that's +5756 to jump, without ranks, a d20, magic items, anything like that.

Use the exemplar "other skill to diplomacy" thing, and you have a 57k bonus to diplomacy.

Probably enough to haggle yourself a free night at the inn, depending on your DM.

Problem is spells that can be discharged can't be Persisted.