PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Soulknife Aegis Gestalt (Critique)

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 05:38 PM
So, can I get some suggestions on how to make this build better? I think I did a good job creating a character who makes his own armor and weapons of awesomeness, though I feel there could be better options I may have missed. I ask because I always become short-sighted whenever I make a character past Lvl 3, so any help or suggestions would be nice (Except for not using Aegis and Soulknife. Though I would be interested in a better build using the two classes...).

Master of Nothing (Dorian Greyz) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=543949)

Level 9
Human (Favored Class: Aegis = +2 Construction Points)
Aegis // Soulknife (Gifted Blade / Nimble Blade)
GP 54000

Str: 10 / Dex: 22 (26 in Astral Suit) / Con: 14 / Int: 14 / Wis: 14 / Cha: 10
HP: 70
DR: 4/-
Speed: 40ft / 40ft Fly (Avg)
AC: 27 / Touch: 18 / Flat-footed: 19
Fort: +10 / Ref: +16 / Will:+10
Power Points: 48

- Feats -
Human/ Combat Reflexes
1st/ Step Up
1 Bonus (Soulknife)/ Weapon Finesse
1 Bonus (Soulknife)/ Psionic Talent
2 Bonus (Soulknife)/ Piranha Strike
3rd/ Following Step
5th/ Psionic Meditation
5 Bonus (Aegis)/ Master Craftsman (Crystal)
7th/ Craft Wondrous Item
9th/ Extra Blade Skill: Reaching Blade

- Chosen Class Feature -
Blade Skill (Lvl 4)/ Additional Configuration
Blade Skill (Lvl 6)/ Mental Power: Inertial Armor
Blade Skill (Lvl 8)/ Bladewind
suffocation.
Astral Skin (14/17): Nimble x2 / Speed x2 / Evasion / Harness Power Stone (Minor Metamorphosis) / Improved Harness Power Stone (Hustle) / Flight (40ft / Good) / Reach / Powerful Build / Harness Shard / Power Stone Repository

- Powers Known (Gifted Blade) -
1st/ Force Screen
1st/ Vigor
1st (Mental Power)/ Inertial Armor
2nd/ Detect Hostile Intent
2nd/ Thought Shield

- Power Stones + Shards (For Repositories) -
1st/ Energy Ray (x4)
1st/ Minor Metamorphosis (x8)
1st/ Corrosive Aura (x4)
1st/ Inevitable Strike (x4)
1st/ Natural Healing (x8)
2nd/ Hustle (x6)
2nd/ Psionic Lion's Charge (x6)
2nd/ Deflect (x6)
2nd/ Sidestep (x6)
2nd/ Entangling Strike (x2)
2nd/ Clairvoyant Sight (x2)

Shard (Crafted theses with CWI): Perception +9 / Use Magic Device +9 / Stealth +9 / Acrobatics +9

- Other Items (1130gp Remaining) -
Crystal Spaulders +2
Crystal Hilt +1
Ring of Counter Spelling (Dispel Magic)
Ring of Sustenance
Handy Haversack
Traveler's Any-Tool
Cloak of Resistance +2

meemaas
2013-04-02, 06:18 PM
Frankly, i think my suggestion would be to see about taking the Metaforge class alongside Soulknife levels, assuming you ask the DM to allow you to do that so long as it doesn't stack. The Metaforge class progresses everything that matters from the Aegis class, and gives you some fun and useful mutual class features. That's just my two cents though. I dunno if it'd fly with a DM, the last one i tried that with told me it'd have to take both my gestalt sides, and its not as useful when you lose manifester levels and blade skills

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 06:45 PM
I decides not to risk the Metaforge, though I could ask the DM. Aegis doesn't really get much past level 3-4 besides Construction points, so it would be nifty to go Metaforge at least 3 levels... Maybe I can work 6? :smallconfused:

meemaas
2013-04-02, 07:22 PM
See, thats the reason i suggested it. If nothing else, most of what you get from Ectopic Artisan isn't really all that impressive next to half-manifesting, and the Metaforge abilities are pretty useful even if you lop off the soulknife progression the class gets for gestalt. Plus, it would fit your backstory more, making it all the same style.

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 09:24 PM
See, thats the reason i suggested it. If nothing else, most of what you get from Ectopic Artisan isn't really all that impressive next to half-manifesting, and the Metaforge abilities are pretty useful even if you lop off the soulknife progression the class gets for gestalt. Plus, it would fit your backstory more, making it all the same style.

Woops, should be Vanilla Aegis! :smallredface:

meemaas
2013-04-02, 10:08 PM
Aha, i was trying to figure out what the point was. I figured there was something i wasn't seeing.

Chained Birds
2013-04-02, 10:45 PM
Aha, i was trying to figure out what the point was. I figured there was something i wasn't seeing.

The Astral Warrior would be pretty useful, though I'd rather keep the Astral Suit at full power.

If anything, the Aberrant Archetype could be pretty interesting. It is too bad the best thing is a poison-based attack and an amazing grappling series of attacks coming from the Tentacles.

Actually, is Aberrant a better choice for this build?

meemaas
2013-04-02, 11:25 PM
As a gestalt, no, i don't think so. You give up your power stone repositories. Your ability to qualify in any way for Metaforge, and probably a few other useful features. You in return get, most likely, tentacles that while good for grappling, are counter intuitive to having a weapon. I like the Abberant, but using it here would pretty much retool your entire build. In my opinion, you're better off with Vanilla Aegis.