Totally awesome.

Corp
2006-11-18, 12:02 AM
*checks*

Lies! All horrible horrible lies!

:p

The Giant
2006-11-18, 12:03 AM
Hmmm...technical difficulties. The strip doesn't want to post. Please stand by.

Platinum_Mongoose
2006-11-18, 12:03 AM
I see nothing. Is it my computer or is everyone sharing my problem?

Edit: Ah, Giant answered my question as I was typing it. Nevermind. *Slinks away sheepishly.* This does, however, bring into question just what TigerHunter was talking about. Hm...

Corp
2006-11-18, 12:06 AM
Strip must be trying to hold out for a better contact. Don't give in Rich! You change one contract soon the older strips are going to want to get into the action.

Ego Slayer
2006-11-18, 12:06 AM
Heh, I'm wondering the same thing, Mong. :smallwink:

The Giant
2006-11-18, 12:07 AM
Interesting...apparently there was a problem with the server clock not matching the one on my computer. Up now.

TigerHunter
2006-11-18, 12:10 AM
Everything is working out so perfectly for Nale... it's freaky.
Can't wait to find out more about the gates.

Alfryd
2006-11-18, 12:11 AM
New comic is up.
Brilliant.
I envisage a suitably satisfying demise for Nale that will involve devouring his soul.

Corp
2006-11-18, 12:11 AM
Nicely done.

"Can you tell us more about the gates?"

"Sure."

Niburu
2006-11-18, 12:12 AM
And so the plot thickens. Suprizing how everything is going right for the villan for once. But why would Roy want to know about the gate.

DUN DUN DUN!

fwiffo
2006-11-18, 12:15 AM
I guess he is not nearly as good at "Summon Plot Exposition" spell as his brother. Ah... upstaged once again.

Spiky
2006-11-18, 12:19 AM
Ah, Nale. Just ask, dude!

TinSoldier
2006-11-18, 12:21 AM
Heh. The bit with Haley and the last panel were funny. Nale was funny too.

Evil turns against evil. Muhahahaha!

Platinum_Mongoose
2006-11-18, 12:22 AM
I love big buildups and complex schemes that result in a simple "well, there you go" sort of conclusion. Like the big slow-motion "caper" scene in Office Space. "Huh. That was easy."

Addendum: Maybe TigerHunter was simply congradulating the Giant on the quality of his announcement post. *Shrug.*

TigerHunter
2006-11-18, 12:23 AM
This does, however, bring into question just what TigerHunter was talking about. Hm...
I was referring to the new comic being up. I was cursing at my internet connection for not letting me view it until I had the presence of mind to check to see if the problem was on the other end.

Swashbuckler
2006-11-18, 12:24 AM
... and the plot thickens! When will Nale ever learn that things aren't as complicated as he makes them out to be? *snickers*

SalSar_Thiran
2006-11-18, 12:26 AM
Exposition, but well written. And as expected, Nale does not understand the danger.

Charity322
2006-11-18, 12:27 AM
I think Roy wanted to know exactly what he was getting himself into defending the gate. That was why he asked for more information about it.

Ouch, 5 seconds and Nale figures out that Haley is in love with Elan. And how long has it taken Elan so far lol? Wonder if Nale's evil enough to try and seduce her. :smalleek: Or he might tell Elan ...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-18, 12:29 AM
You have to love the way Roy manipulates the conversation to lead to the gates.

More backstories here we come!

Muscadine
2006-11-18, 12:30 AM
*Haley Death Stare*
Priceless

Ramza00
2006-11-18, 12:30 AM
But that takes out all the fun for nale :P

First Page

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2006-11-18, 12:31 AM
Character development and exposition, as I have learned it with things involving a script, is difficult to pull off when done with dialogue. Kudos to rich for delivering more story, but punishment pending for little humor. :smalltongue:

Ramza00
2006-11-18, 12:32 AM
Ouch, 5 seconds and Nale figures out that Haley is in love with Elan. And how long has it taken Elan so far lol? Wonder if Nale's evil enough to try and seduce her. :O Or he might tell Elan ...

Has Elan every been seen walking with a Geisha? I doubt that would occur normally with Elan, and thus the Geisha would never get the Haley Death Stare.

Argus
2006-11-18, 12:33 AM
I wonder how long it will take for Nale to figure out why Haley has been so quiet. They did have that three-day walk back to Azure City, during which Haley apparently made no attempt to speak and there were no other comments about her problem.

TinSoldier
2006-11-18, 12:34 AM
I wonder how long it will take for Nale to figure out why Haley has been so quiet. They did have that three-day walk back to Azure City, during which Haley apparently made no attempt to speak and there were no other comments about her problem.Why would it matter to Nale?

Argus
2006-11-18, 12:37 AM
Why would it matter to Nale?

Because ignorance about that might blow his cover. Or at least, he should consider that possibility.

Dugray
2006-11-18, 12:39 AM
Haha Silly Nale.

Deuce
2006-11-18, 12:45 AM
Haley has a Gaze attack! Cool :smallcool:

Badmofo
2006-11-18, 12:54 AM
Most excellent! Plots holes closeing...or...mending...or...

Most excellent!

J_Muller
2006-11-18, 12:57 AM
"Can you tell us more about the gates?"
"Sure."

Great for a few quick laughs.

Ing
2006-11-18, 12:59 AM
Ah I think I see where this is headed....

ehehehehheheheeehahahahahahahhamauahahahahhahahHHA HAHAHABBWAHAAMAUAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Darkjonny
2006-11-18, 01:02 AM
really nice strip. things are going just too smooth for Nale´s understanding

Nerd-o-rama
2006-11-18, 01:04 AM
Nale obviously doesn't have much experience being a PC. Important NPC's are completely willing to just drop heaps of exposition on them at the slightest pretext.

Move, move, move, move the plot along!

Krytha
2006-11-18, 01:05 AM
haha Nale is taking things like he regularily would... Although eventually he might get used to this lifestyle and start goofing up, so certain is he of the OotS incompetence...

Atheist_Cleric
2006-11-18, 01:05 AM
Man, if anything is Nale's undoing, it'll be his arrogance. Sure he and Sabine and Thog make a pretty powerful team, but thinking he can beat Xykon? The uber-powerful Lich with a also very powerful evil cleric, an unknown monster who is so strong its silly, and an army of hobgoblins, zombies, and zombie-versions of dragons and celestials? Even IF Nale thinks he can come out on top through secrecy and subtelty, Redcloaks no fool, and although Xykon can sometimes be dumb (Never remembering Roy's name), he is also really cunning at times. Plus Nale isnt nearly as smart as he thinks he is. The only reason his lamebrain switch scheme worked is because everyone was too on edge to think about it for more than a few seconds, and frankly im amazed its held up this long, what with "Belkon" and "Elan" making out with a male guard.

Shadic
2006-11-18, 01:10 AM
He kept his beard mark in this one, heh.

EDIT: Also, the last frame is the greatest by far..

Fat Daddy
2006-11-18, 01:11 AM
Great strip. I loved Haley's gaze attack and Nale already figuring out that Haley loves Elan. Also, "huh?" Classic overthinking...are we sure Nale isn't an engineer? :biggrin:
Nale will try and seduce Haley and get beat down by both Haley and Sabine.

the geekish one
2006-11-18, 01:24 AM
Now that is funny Fat

Felinoid
2006-11-18, 01:28 AM
Meh. Story movement, a couple almost-chuckles at Sabine's "ahem"s and Nale's "huh?", and a quick shutdown for people who thought Haley would see through it right away (though they'll probably still think she'll be the first).

Who wants to bet that somewhere in the future there's a rant coming from Nale about how much easier PCs have it than antagonists?

Lord Zentei
2006-11-18, 01:32 AM
Cool.

Kudos to rich for delivering more story, but punishment pending for little humor. :smalltongue:

Tsk, the last panel and the gaze attack were plenty funny. :smalltongue:

And on Nale's new plot: one tends to forget that Nale is a sorcerer too - albeit of a rather lower level than Xykon, but still.

it17
2006-11-18, 01:59 AM
So when is Miko going to barge through the doors with a hobgoblin army behind her? the stage is set just right for shojo to get partway through a gate discussion to be saved from Nale's plans by a minor Disturbance.

Turcano
2006-11-18, 02:25 AM
...although Xykon can sometimes be dumb (Never remembering Roy's name), he is also really cunning at times.

I think that's more out of a profound lack of respect than low intelligence. Remember, Xykon is a badass, and badasses don't have time to worry about some guy called Orangefuller or whatever his name is.

Nale will try and seduce Haley and get beat down by both Haley and Sabine.

That would be awesome. They could get some arbitrarily large amount of gooey dessert and charge a cover fee.

phobiandarkmoon
2006-11-18, 02:35 AM
Anyone else thinking not knowing about Haley's speech impediment is going to blow Nale's cover? Then again, that would mean someone would have to pass a listen check...

Also loving the overly complex plans of Nale, and the simple solutions. Now, if I were playing Nale and the DM was making it this easy, I would be mentally starting to panic because whenever everything goes right it's about to go horribly, horribly wrong...

Solmage
2006-11-18, 02:45 AM
Heh!

Nale E. Coyote does think too much at times :)

Eldhrin
2006-11-18, 03:03 AM
I love it! Wonderful!

I'm also reminded of :roy: 'Shojo has a gaze attack which causes encephalitis?'

Dinosxanthi
2006-11-18, 03:10 AM
Haley has a Gaze attack! Cool :smallcool:

All women have the ability to produce Gaze attacks. That's official.

Nu
2006-11-18, 04:01 AM
Because ignorance about that might blow his cover. Or at least, he should consider that possibility.

I don't know. Forgetting something like that would be completely expected of Elan's character.

Delgarde
2006-11-18, 05:16 AM
Man, if anything is Nale's undoing, it'll be his arrogance.

Of course it will - he's an evil mastermind, isn't he? Arrogance and overconfidence is *always* what brings them down...

Hototo
2006-11-18, 05:20 AM
Nice, Haley, who has a thing for Elan, can't even tell the difference. And I'm totally sure that there is going to be some kind of sneak attack throwing even Nale by surprise... we'll have to see.
p.s. Nale in the last panel "Huh." grammar check "Huh?" - sorry I'm just a little anal.

TreesOfDeath
2006-11-18, 05:25 AM
I wondered how Rich was going to show to Nale that Haley likes Elan and is in love. I was worried it would be something very heavy handed, but I think this worked very well. Also, pretty good strip

Godehart
2006-11-18, 05:28 AM
All women have the ability to produce Gaze attacks. That's official.

This could finally solve the question wether V is male/female...
Anyone remember V doing a Gaze attack?

DougWykstra
2006-11-18, 05:49 AM
p.s. Nale in the last panel "Huh." grammar check "Huh?" - sorry I'm just a little anal.

I'd say that the period at the end is more appropriate, as Nale's "huh" is more contemplative than incredulous. In other words, Nale's not saying, "Huh? How can it be that easy?" He's saying, "Huh. I didn't think it would be that easy."

divine
2006-11-18, 06:32 AM
gaze attack from a buzzed fangirl!
my spot check says rich is right on with every single thing he's doing in this comic.. anyone who disagrees just shut up and wait >)

Nerd_Paladin
2006-11-18, 06:39 AM
Naturally Nale figures out in about five seconds what Elan has remained painfully ignorant of for, well, gotta be the better part of a year now? You know I actually prefer Nale to Xykon in terms of villains, it's cool to see him playing a central role in the story. Shame that Thog is on the sidelines though.

Am I the only one who wants to see Elan trick Thog into helping him escape from Cliffport? Elan and Thog together would be a comedic pairing of celestial proportions. And even Elan should be able to manipulate Thog fairly easily. Pudding of some kind would probably do the trick.

Estelindis
2006-11-18, 06:44 AM
Poor Haley! The look she gave Sabine should have killed her on sight (there should have been no save vs. death!).

Nale did some pretty impressive examinations of Xykon's motives, though. I can't help but notice that no one in the OotS asked the kind of questions that he did about Xykon's continued desire to exist being incompatible with nihilism...

Dawnstrider_Moogle
2006-11-18, 07:00 AM
I don't know. Forgetting something like that would be completely expected of Elan's character.

That's really what's making this work for Nale, actually: Elan's range of behavior is so wide, no one ever knows what to expect. Between that and the generally low level of respect Elan commands, Nale has nigh-free rein here...

Also, come to think of it, Elan never seemed to pay much attention to Haley's speech impediment - see their date...hmm.

DArKandEViL
2006-11-18, 07:41 AM
Awesome comic, Xylon Xyklon whatever, Petrifying Glare!

Quartermoon
2006-11-18, 08:49 AM
Wonder if Nale's evil enough to try and seduce her. :smalleek:

I'd bet on it! And up 'til now, Nale has been acting just like Elan on this subject (oblivious). So once he makes a move...

Assuming Sabine doesn't get in his way, of course!

inky13112
2006-11-18, 08:54 AM
Hmm it seems that just about everything has been commented on by now except this:

Has anyone else noticed that giggles is a funny word and frequently makes you giggle? like if someone says that "the cell goes through Mitosis for Sh**s and giggles" it always seems at least mildly humorous despite making no sense so ever. Anyone agree?

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Dinosxanthi
2006-11-18, 09:12 AM
This could finally solve the question wether V is male/female...
Anyone remember V doing a Gaze attack?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0172.html

Does this answer your question?
Once more, It may be or may not be a gaze attack.
Slightly ambiguous just like him/her/it.

charik
2006-11-18, 09:13 AM
I liked it; a little dry in parts, but Haley and the plots within plots of Nakle's were both good. Now, let's see if I can do this right...
Think back to the bandit camp, and replace 'Samantha' with 'geisha'. Anyone else think Haley will go into a rant at some point soon over not-Elan playing the field?:smallfurious:

RedSolitaire
2006-11-18, 09:26 AM
Wait, didnt Nale already know that Haley had a thing for Elan? Didnt he refer to Haley as "your girlfriend" when he was talking to Elan at some point before now?

fithi
2006-11-18, 09:43 AM
Haley's Gaze Attack! *laugh* Much amusement there, Giant.

Also loved the last panel. Can't wait to see what's next for the Order.

Earthstar_Fungus
2006-11-18, 09:46 AM
Cool comic. It's starting to get like a soap opera. Don't you hate it how other people's miseries suck you in? :)

Movoza
2006-11-18, 09:49 AM
you want more information about universally doomsday machineS? why didnt you ask sO?

nice comic though, and the *unsuspected* plot advance with haley...:smallwink:

Miklus
2006-11-18, 09:57 AM
Oooh...I sense a catfight coming up :)

Classic overthinking...are we sure Nale isn't an engineer? :biggrin:

Maybe he is...remember the blueprint? Maybe even a planning engineer...there is no greater evil!!!

Nale vs Xykon would be the fight of the year in the Super-Heavy-Evilness class. My money is on Xykon, but Nale would go the distance.

Don Beegles
2006-11-18, 10:07 AM
Wait, didnt Nale already know that Haley had a thing for Elan? Didnt he refer to Haley as "your girlfriend" when he was talking to Elan at some point before now?

I believe so, but if I recall correctly, Elan said something to the effect of 'don't be silly, Nale, Haley's just my friend.' Bringing her up as a girlfriend may just have been Nale's way of probing into Elan's psyche to see what was going on. He know's the Elan is like a little kid, and if you tell a little boy that a friend of his is his girlfriend, he'll either get mad/embarassed or think it's rediculous because he's generally too subtle to hide his feelings. He was probably just doing it to see if Haley would be a way to Elan, whereas now he knows that Elan is a way to Haley, and therefore the rest of the group.

Caractacus
2006-11-18, 10:53 AM
Very nice comic. I just CAN'T believe though that Haley has said just about nothing for three days. I mean, one or two quiet comments could be misheard enough to believe that she is talking normally, but one loud 'Oh my god, it's a roc!" pronounced ''Pi nz hpe, ju't b spd!' would, I think, kind of give it away.
More to the point: why is Rich building this up - her not talking?

the_tick_rules
2006-11-18, 11:07 AM
hmm haley did not discover the deception as quickly as we all had anticipated. But someone will find out, whenever the plot makes it necessary to. Nale is certianly getting everything he wants very easily, are we sure is isn't a psion and is using some kinda reality bending magic j/k. I'm not entirely sure about why did sabine get all miffed with the ahem's strip?

Trobby
2006-11-18, 11:08 AM

Nah...y'see that'd conflict with Nale's most glaring character flaw: That being he refuses to believe anyone is smarter than him (Even his former employer, Xyklon). Admitting he doesn't know about something important would be like Elan admitting to uselessness. (I like Elan, but he IS pretty useless sometimes...)

I wouldn't discount Haley's evil gaze attack so quickly...remmeber who the first one was to recognize the LG's evil alignment? http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0045.html Why I do believe it's Haley! Maybe even for a reason she herself won't admit. *Perhaps she recognized her demonic heritage because of her own lineage? o.o*. And neither of the two know that Haley knew it all along, so there's no reason for Nale to think she might be onto them.

[Soap Opera]
Has Nale finally hit the big time?
Will the Order of the Stick figure out his diabolical plot?
Does Haley recognize their disguise?
Why does Lord Shojo look so fat when he sits down?
Does Mr. Scruffy need a snack snack?
How is Belkar's new Pimping business going?
Tune in next week, and find out! Same Stick time, same Stick website!
BATMAAAAAAN!
[/spoiler]

Kish
2006-11-18, 11:39 AM
I believe so, but if I recall correctly, Elan said something to the effect of 'don't be silly, Nale, Haley's just my friend.'
Elan wasn't (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0361.html) in a position to say anything, but I wouldn't take Nale calling Haley "your little redheaded girlfriend" as too significant. If he had captured Roy, he would probably have said the same line, just because she's the only definite-female in the Order.

Sliverghost
2006-11-18, 12:27 PM
Anyone else thinking not knowing about Haley's speech impediment is going to blow Nale's cover? Then again, that would mean someone would have to pass a listen check...

Also loving the overly complex plans of Nale, and the simple solutions. Now, if I were playing Nale and the DM was making it this easy, I would be mentally starting to panic because whenever everything goes right it's about to go horribly, horribly wrong...

ya not knowing about it will be a major hit that its nale...i think haley is going to find out first

:haley: Uv Ryna*waves*

:nale: Why arent you speking in common?

:haley: VGF ANYR! h thlf vgf anyr. Uryc zr xvyy uvz. *atackes Nale*

:nale: AHHH get her off me!

:durkon::vaarsuvius::roy: WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

:belkar: SWEET i always wanted to kill Elan!

:haley: VGF ABG RYNA VGF ANYR

:nale: Get THEM BOTH offf me!

END OF COMIC

Haleys lines are 1)Hi Elan 2) ITS NALE! u guys its nale. Help me kill him.*atackes Nale*3)ITS NOT ELAN ITS NALE

Maratanos
2006-11-18, 01:00 PM

Except that ironically, KNOWLEDGE about that would be what would blow his cover...

It's a possibility... I mean, if Haley suddenly says: "Vk, Mpec! Vxw edm zxb fxaez?", Nale could easily give himself away by being shocked that she can't speak intelligibly, even if he keeps silent about it.

Kish
2006-11-18, 01:23 PM
u guys its nale.

Haley would never spell "you" with one letter.

Maratanos
2006-11-18, 01:53 PM
Haley would never spell "you" with one letter.

DANG! You beat me to it! :furious: Just kidding, I don't care...

PePe QuiCoSE
2006-11-18, 02:34 PM
i think the only thing that could really give away nale's cover is his exasperation for everything been just too easy (which that is most funny because Nale may be the only villian here that could get pissed at a thing like that). He might even yell to Roy "I'm not Elan, I'm Nale! I just shaved my goatee" and be disregarded like "Ok Elan, you can go to the bathroom while grownups figure out how to make the universe keep existing as we know. Maybe the NPC wizard can show you where it is... ".

Holy_Knight
2006-11-18, 02:49 PM

I believe so, but if I recall correctly, Elan said something to the effect of 'don't be silly, Nale, Haley's just my friend.' Bringing her up as a girlfriend may just have been Nale's way of probing into Elan's psyche to see what was going on. He know's the Elan is like a little kid, and if you tell a little boy that a friend of his is his girlfriend, he'll either get mad/embarassed or think it's rediculous because he's generally too subtle to hide his feelings. He was probably just doing it to see if Haley would be a way to Elan, whereas now he knows that Elan is a way to Haley, and therefore the rest of the group.

Elan wasn't (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0361.html) in a position to say anything, but I wouldn't take Nale calling Haley "your little redheaded girlfriend" as too significant. If he had captured Roy, he would probably have said the same line, just because she's the only definite-female in the Order.

To expand on this, I think this line is pretty much a a staple of evil dialogue. While I'm not sure he would have said the same thing to Roy, it is traditional to refer to a female ally of the captured hero as "your girlfriend". Typically this will be someone who the hero actually isn't attached to at present, but who will serve as his eventual love interest--just like Haley and Elan, here. So if nothing else, Nale was pretty much obligated to say that by the Villain's Handbook.

Also, like lots of people have said, I loved Haley's "Gaze Attack". It's really cute how saying so little can convey so much! :smallsmile:

Mr_Saturn
2006-11-18, 02:54 PM
crap, haley is blinded by love.

AyuVince
2006-11-18, 03:10 PM
Nale's the typical evil genius, always thinking too complicated. One day "Elan" will do something quite clever that will give him a hard time to explain. And it won't necessarily have to do with Haley (though it's very likely).

Oh yeah, love Sabine's outfit.

Blood
2006-11-18, 03:26 PM
This is where Roy's CHA comes in handy...

And the plot thickens...

..again.

foolsama
2006-11-18, 05:00 PM
:thog: Nale talk too much.

Zerogreat
2006-11-18, 05:25 PM
I'm also reminded of :roy: 'Shojo has a gaze attack which causes encephalitis?'

Yeah, that one makes me laugh :smallbiggrin:

~The Patriots~
2006-11-18, 05:30 PM
that was a good one. I can't wait to see sabine vs harley

RecurringDream
2006-11-18, 05:37 PM
So many open ends! The one that strikes me the most is Nale/Haley, or Naley, probably because the Haley/Elan story gets me. Anyone else see this one coming: :haley::nale:

Nale seduces Haley. Haley discovers that it's not Elan, but Nale. Upon realizing her speech impediment, Nale can't resist milking it by monologuing his evil intentions-- while leaving exact details cryptic-- to the one person who can't reveal them. For several strips she can't figure out a way to tell everyone or stop Nale, especially since he has Elan (or so he lets her believe, when he may actually be capable of escaping). She doesn't want him to get hurt. She waits and watches as Nale begins to set his plan in motion, and begins to figure it out. Then, at a critical moment, she finds Elan, possibly brought out by the LG, but definitely in front of OOTS. Too overcome with emotion at seeing him in one piece to care about what anyone else thinks, she runs up and plants one on him in a big romantic moment, as all her teammates scream, "what are you DOING?! It's NALE!" At which point she regains her ability to speak. She pulls off Elan's fake goatee (If it's still there), turns to the group and says, "That's not Nale." She draws her bow and points it at Nale. "THIS is Nale." Which, of course, ends a cliffhanger strip! On the next strip, Roy asks a WTF? sort of question, to which Haley explains Nale's evil plot that she's unearthed, at arrow point.

Faramir
2006-11-18, 06:12 PM
What I really like about the strip is how Rich's sense of comedic timing just keeps getting better and better. The last panel displays that admirably.

B9anders
2006-11-18, 06:16 PM
Nale is gonna have his ass handed to him by Xykon if he underestimates him like this...

Hell, any of the three real seriously evil badasses would wipe the floor with him.

Zeb The Troll
2006-11-18, 07:01 PM
So many open ends! The one that strikes me the most is Nale/Haley, or Naley, probably because the Haley/Elan story gets me. Anyone else see this one coming: :haley::nale:

Nale seduces Haley. Haley discovers that it's not Elan, but Nale.
<snip>
I can imagine it. Remember that she's already seen Elan's 18 charisma "under the hood" and Nale may be, errm, somewhat lacking or otherwise noticably different in that respect. The spoiler to all of this happening, however, is Sabine, who I doubt would allow Nale to spend that much time alone with Haley.

Nighthawk4
2006-11-18, 08:24 PM
Hmm, now how could Nale possibly persuade our heroes to reveal more about the gates? :amused:

Also nice to see :haley: again and no :miko:

Perfect. :smile:

WarriorTribble
2006-11-18, 08:31 PM
I can imagine it. Remember that she's already seen Elan's 18 charisma "under the hood" and Nale may be, errm, somewhat lacking or otherwise noticably different in that respect. The spoiler to all of this happening, however, is Sabine, who I doubt would allow Nale to spend that much time alone with Haley.They're twins they should have similar sizes right? Hmm... wonder if there's any studies on comparative genetilia in identical twins.

Edit: No wait silly me --> goes and browses porn sites

Maratanos
2006-11-18, 08:54 PM
Kids play this game... (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0032.html)

Tobimaro
2006-11-18, 09:16 PM
Poor Haley! The look she gave Sabine should have killed her on sight (there should have been no save vs. death!).

Nale did some pretty impressive examinations of Xykon's motives, though. I can't help but notice that no one in the OotS asked the kind of questions that he did about Xykon's continued desire to exist being incompatible with nihilism...

The OotS acted pretty much like the typical heroes. Defeat bad guy, loot bad guys's lair, and go on to next town. They did not think that said bad guy would return after having seemingly destroyed him and with that explosion afterwards.

Most heroes are not worried by the motives of the bad guy. I can relate to that having played a number of Living Greyhawk modules. Heroes are worried by their own motives to worry about the BG's one.

Naturally Nale figures out in about five seconds what Elan has remained painfully ignorant of for, well, gotta be the better part of a year now? You know I actually prefer Nale to Xykon in terms of villains, it's cool to see him playing a central role in the story. Shame that Thog is on the sidelines though.

Well, then what was his excuse about finding anything about the gates? :smalltongue: Even the story title mocks Nale.

J.Gellert
2006-11-19, 05:28 AM
It's official.

"Nale & Sabine" strips are the most boring strips in Order of the Stick :smalltongue:
They are hardly funny except to move the plot forward...

And they are trumped by "Xykon & Redcloak" strips :smallbiggrin:

fractal
2006-11-19, 12:34 PM
It's official.

"Nale & Sabine" strips are the most boring strips in Order of the Stick :smalltongue:
They are hardly funny except to move the plot forward...

And they are trumped by "Xykon & Redcloak" strips :smallbiggrin:
It is true that Nale and Sabine do better when they have Thog for contrast.

J.Gellert
2006-11-19, 05:52 PM
True. I never liked stupid halforcs but you don't apprecite the value of something till it's gone, right? :smalleek:

krossbow
2006-11-19, 06:52 PM
Bah; I like Nale and Sabine. They're relationships always make me laugh.

"I believe I said AHEM."

Querzis
2006-11-19, 07:03 PM
Bah; I like Nale and Sabine. They're relationships always make me laugh.

"I believe I said AHEM."

Agreed, of course I dont laugh as much with them as with Thog but they are both really cool and interesting. I smile almost everytime they say something.

Freelance Henchman
2006-11-20, 08:58 AM
Jealous Haley = Cute!

krossbow
2006-11-20, 11:22 AM
Heh; gotta admit, Elan does have a habit of ending up with other younger woman with higher charisma (to quote the samantha comics).

Gotta love the implication that this is a constant occurence off screen in the party.

Solara
2006-11-20, 01:49 PM
Wow, I'm surprised there's been so little discussion about this one. And over a whole weekend too...

Caractacus
2006-11-20, 02:26 PM
Does anyone yet have a theory as to why Haley has been basically silent for three days? Has Nale been not chatting to her enough, and so she is feeling a bit left out?

the_tick_rules
2006-11-20, 02:56 PM
Maybe she's not talking (outloud) cause she knows noone can understand her.

5tephen
2006-11-20, 09:04 PM
Lots of fun. I like it when the plot moves along.

One thing though: Everybody keeps on commenting that Elan hasn't realised Hayley is in love with him. I'm not so sure.

I think that maybe he is just starting to realise how deep their felings are for each other, but I see no evidence that he has been unaware all along of her feelings for him. I just don't think he realised how serious they were.

I've often thought (during Hayley's attempted revelation to Elan) that if she did manage to succeed in telling him that she loved him, that his reponse would be- "Well, yeah: I am in love with you too. What's the big deal?"

Maratanos
2006-11-20, 09:46 PM
Wow, I'm surprised there's been so little discussion about this one. And over a whole weekend too...

You never considered that that might be WHY? :wink:

urodivoi
2006-11-20, 10:44 PM
Does anyone yet have a theory as to why Haley has been basically silent for three days? Has Nale been not chatting to her enough, and so she is feeling a bit left out?

Well, if you have ever played D&D it goes like this...

DM: "It will take you three days to walk to town, does anyone want to do anything particular? Anyone want to say anything?"

PC's: "No"

*Poof*

Three days have past and nobody has said anything.
It's simply the way of the universe.

(I think this was the basis of a strip earlier?)

Bilbo27
2006-11-20, 11:08 PM
Boy, that evil eye from Haley made even me cringe

Tabiani
2006-11-20, 11:36 PM
Well, if you have ever played D&D it goes like this...

DM: "It will take you three days to walk to town, does anyone want to do anything particular? Anyone want to say anything?"

PC's: "No"

*Poof*

Three days have past and nobody has said anything.
It's simply the way of the universe.

(I think this was the basis of a strip earlier?)

Yep, it sure was (http://http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0155.html)! But Haley really hasn't been saying all that much. According to the Compilation Thread (http://http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4909) she hasn't spoken but a half dozen times since her date with Elan at "New Years" in 309-316.

EL ite
2006-11-21, 03:12 AM
Goodness... I'd just like to say how impressed I am by this comic. The evil eye.. :smallmad: ... was totally perfect. Can't wait for Nale to get busted! Night folks.

battleburn
2006-11-21, 03:54 AM
"Oddly quiet though"
Great to see that Nale hasn't figured out yet that Haley can only speak gibberish.
Anyone think this is what finally betrays him?

ekimekim
2006-11-21, 05:45 AM
Is it just me, or is the next comic overdue? I've been checking for days...

battleburn
2006-11-21, 05:48 AM
Complaining doesn't help, that's one of the reasons Rich stopped reading the Forums. Next to the predictions of course.

Edit:
Tomada you're right, Ekimekim, sorry if this offended you.

Tomada
2006-11-21, 07:15 AM
Complaining doesn't help, that's one of the reasons Rich stopped reading the Forums. Next to the predictions of course.

He wans't being unpolite, no reason to say that, it might offend him.

We will just wait.

The reason people still complain when a comic is late is because it's almost always on time, wich is a BIG plus. Since A LOT of comics are consistently late and people usually stop complaining (the ones that mind the comic being late usually stop reading, the rest really don't care all that much).