PDA

View Full Version : Judges Needed

Fat Daddy
2006-11-18, 12:11 AM
As some of you may have seen, I am putting together a writing contest (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27796) for the talented folks here in the playground. To that end, I am looking for at least 2 people to help me judge the entries. Anyone interested please either respond to this thread or PM me.
Thanks!!

DArKandEViL
2006-11-18, 08:28 PM
I'll be a judge.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-19, 06:53 AM
I'm willing to help with the judging! I need something good to read, and the entries are sure to be interesting!

TheSilverKnight
2006-11-20, 02:51 PM
I'll judge if you think I can both write and judge with out being partial to my own work.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-21, 12:36 AM
I'll judge if you think I can both write and judge with out being partial to my own work.
Thanks for the offer Knight. While I am sure that you could be impartial, I am planning on setting up brackets for the competition (once we close the enrollment and have a final count) and that would make it difficult for a judge/competitor. Besides I remember a quote from somewhere (where or who escapes me) that goes something like this, "It is not enough to avoid impropriety, one must avoid even the appearance of impropriety."

Seriously though, I would say that you could either judge or compete. Just let me know which you would rather do.:smallsmile:

Dispozition
2006-11-21, 04:59 AM
I'll judge. I can also make awards, although they won't be up to sneaks standard.

When are the entires starting? I won't be able to do anything for a week or so, but after that I'm all free.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-21, 05:13 AM
You have three people so far, but I'll put myself up for a fourth judge if anyone drops out and dies.

As for impartial; it's in my job description to be impartial.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-21, 06:57 AM
I'll judge. I can also make awards, although they won't be up to sneaks standard.

When are the entires starting? I won't be able to do anything for a week or so, but after that I'm all free.
Thanks Dispozition. On an unrelated topic, don't dis yourself Dis. (sorry, I had to) You are a quality artist. I will PM you and Sneak once we get under way and we can work out how we want to do the awards.
I don't plan on starting this until after the (US) Thanksgiving holiday this weekend. I am looking at next week but no final decisions have been made. Sounds like you will have plenty of time.

You have three people so far, but I'll put myself up for a fourth judge if anyone drops out and dies.

As for impartial; it's in my job description to be impartial.
The Reaper offering to step in if anyone 'mysteriously' dies. That's disturbing. Let's just avoid any 'accidents' shall we? Please? I'll never get this contest to become a recurring thing if the judges keep dying.:smalleek:
Seriously though Death, having an even number doesn't matter. If you want to judge, I can serve as the tiebreaker. Let me know if you want to actively judge or 'back-up' judge.

Dispozition
2006-11-21, 06:01 PM
Thanks Dispozition. On an unrelated topic, don't dis yourself Dis. (sorry, I had to) You are a quality artist. I will PM you and Sneak once we get under way and we can work out how we want to do the awards.
I don't plan on starting this until after the (US) Thanksgiving holiday this weekend. I am looking at next week but no final decisions have been made. Sounds like you will have plenty of time.

Easy. And you're the second person to tell me not to 'dis' myself in the last 12 hours...*Sigh*

But that gives me plenty of time. I'll be able to do it fine.

Fat Daddy
2006-11-23, 04:07 AM
DArKandEVil, DarkLightDragon, and Dispozition. We would like your services as judges for our little writing contest. Death, your friend the Reaper and I (Fat Daddy) will be alternate/back-up judges should such become necessary. I plan on starting it next week sometime. I will PM everyone with 'judging guidelines' before that time. Alternatively you can find my reply dated 11/23 3:56 am in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27796) for my proposed guidelines and rules.
Please let me know of any questions/problems before the contest starts. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-11-23, 12:12 PM
*Death stops writing up plans for his umm.... summer house...that's it his summer house.*

Oh, you mean it would be bad if a judge died?

*Death puts his plans away*

Oh, if Dis isn't dissing himself, does that mean that occupation is open?

Flabbicus
2006-11-23, 12:20 PM
Wow, all of the judges name's start with D...

Coincidence?

Dispozition
2006-11-25, 06:20 AM
Oh, if Dis isn't dissing himself, does that mean that occupation is open?

Oh...That's it...5th time this week! I give up! *Goes on a killing rampage*

Coincidence?

Or fate? It must mean that the winner's name starts with something other than a D...Well...I guess that rules out someone...

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-25, 07:22 AM

Coincidence? *laughter*

Quite funny when stuff like that happens!

Dis... dissing...

:smallbiggrin:

Dispozition
2006-11-26, 07:02 PM
*laughter*

Quite funny when stuff like that happens!

Dis... dissing...

:smallbiggrin:

...Must...Restrain...Anger...Must...Not...Kill...E veryone...

Gengy
2006-11-27, 01:59 PM
Oh, come now Dis... don't show Dis-respect. That's Dis-heartening. And slightly Dis-turbing. And if I don't stop, I think there'e going to be a Dis-aister.

So if you'll excuse me, I think I'll Dis-appear.

Quincunx
2006-11-29, 11:22 AM
All around the messageboard threads
He chased a mini-weasel--
the gerbil thought it flattered him not--
POP! goes the Gengy.

"A penny for your thoughts", he said,
unleashing punning evil,
that's the way the post-count soars--
POP! goes the Gengy.

Will you two stop that? You're making me dissy.

Logic
2006-11-29, 11:38 AM
Although I would like to compete, I doubt I can get anything decent put together in a relatively short period of time.

In case you need another judge, let me know.

Dispozition
2006-11-29, 11:40 PM
Oh, come now Dis... don't show Dis-respect. That's Dis-heartening. And slightly Dis-turbing. And if I don't stop, I think there'e going to be a Dis-aister.

So if you'll excuse me, I think I'll Dis-appear.

...You will be killed by me at every chance I get now...You do realise this yes?

Gengy
2006-11-30, 09:03 AM
All around the messageboard threads
He chased a mini-weasel--
the gerbil thought it flattered him not--
POP! goes the Gengy.

"A penny for your thoughts", he said,
unleashing punning evil,
that's the way the post-count soars--
POP! goes the Gengy.

Will you two stop that? You're making me dissy.

...who are you, and how do you know me so well, lol!

...You will be killed by me at every chance I get now...You do realise this yes?

Sorry man, didn't mean to incur your dis-approval, er, I mean, make you mad. It was just too delightful to dis-tain from, er, I mean, pass up. I have no dis-illusions, um, that my wordings need dis-pelling, er... huh. I'm dis-covering I can't stop. I think I'll dis-tance myself from this thread. You won't see me post here again, lest I dis-honor myself.

(seriously, though, lol, it was just too good of a thing to not do... forgive me, Dis. I am, and always will be, the medevil fool born too far in the future.)

~~~~~~~~~~

STAMP OF ON-TOPIC-NESS!

~~~~~~~~~~

It looks like we have some good judges here... should be a good contest. ((though I may have killed my chances by messing with Dis, lol)) Can't wait for friday!

Gengy, dis-persing!