PDA

View Full Version : Extra actions?

kreenlover
2013-04-03, 07:40 AM
So, I'm sure that this exists already, but I haven't mastered the search bar yet.
So, I am looking for a way to gain extra actions. Specifically, an extra round, and that terminology is key, every round. This is to have warblade powers refreshed every round (use the extra round to refresh powers)
Alternatively, if that is impossible, is there a way to get an extra full round action?(not necessarily a new round)
All I can think of is greater celerity, and then some item that makes you immune to being dazed. Any thoughts?
And races/classes don't work. I'm trying to make a build with this, and it is already feat starved and only works with a certain race

Thanks!

Flickerdart
2013-04-03, 07:57 AM
You can't make an extra round, because a round is a length of time that passes for everyone. The only way to create more rounds is Time Stop/Temporal Acceleration/Swiftblade/fast time planes.

Getting full round actions is easy with the Belt of Battle from Magic Item Compendium - a swift action once per day gets you a full round action in return. They're fairly cheap (12k IIRC) so get a bunch, wear them all at once, and get a way to unequip them quickly (Leadership for an intelligent pet or something).

Alternatively, White Raven Tactics on yourself.

Person_Man
2013-04-03, 08:18 AM
Pounce and free movement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358) thread includes all of the ways to gain pounce and extra actions that I know of (not counting attacks of opportunity or other triggered actions).

Off the top of my head, I'm thinking your options for an extra round are Temporal Acceleration, Greater Celerity, Time Stop, and the Eternal Blade Capstone. None of them will work every round though, or pull off exactly what you want to do.

kreenlover
2013-04-03, 08:49 AM
ok, thanks guys. Yah, I was really hoping for an all day, every round thing, but seeing as that is very overpowered, I'm not surprised those don't exist that easily.

As to my other question, do you know of any way to become immune to being dazed? preferably a magic item

Never mind, found this thread
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52836

Greenish
2013-04-03, 08:53 AM
Warblade maneuver recovery only requires a swift action and an attack (unless you're using Adaptive Style, but why would you).

kreenlover
2013-04-03, 08:59 AM
yes, it does, but to get that, you need an extra round. You have to use no maneuvers in the round in which you refresh it, so you must refresh them in a new round

Greenish
2013-04-03, 09:44 AM
yes, it does, but to get that, you need an extra round. You have to use no maneuvers in the round in which you refresh it, so you must refresh them in a new roundWell, it says "You cannot initiate a maneuver or change your stance while you are recovering your expended maneuvers, but you can remain in a stance in which you began your turn." So it could be read to be based on your current turn, not the round, which would allow White Raven Tactics looping. Abusive, obviously, but then so are most all methods of shanking action economy to the back.

Anyway, why is it so important to refresh maneuvers each round?

Rubik
2013-04-03, 10:08 AM
Add a spell turret (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218113) or spell trap (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/traps.htm#designingATrap) of the Temporal Acceleration (www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/temporalAcceleration.htm) power to your armor or weapon.

Preaplanes
2013-04-03, 10:14 AM
Time Stop, anyone? XD

Also Quicken Spell depending on how you look at it. Several ways to cast it without using higher spell slots. Spontaneous Metamagic, Divine Metamagic, Epic!Feat Automatic Quicken Spell, the list goes on. Two spells for one turn, yes please.

Flickerdart
2013-04-03, 10:29 AM
Time Stop, anyone? XD

Also Quicken Spell depending on how you look at it. Several ways to cast it without using higher spell slots. Spontaneous Metamagic, Divine Metamagic, Epic!Feat Automatic Quicken Spell, the list goes on. Two spells for one turn, yes please.
Time Stop has already been mentioned twice, and Quicken doesn't do anything for the OP.

Speaking of spell traps, a Spell Clock (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070312a) keyed to Time Stop (glibness is an example spell, so they can be used with Personal-range spells). Expensive, but worth every penny.

RFLS
2013-04-03, 10:39 AM
Well...I can get you there, but it's not pretty. The Swiftblade ability at 9th level gets you an extra standard action whenever hasted. Combine with the Hustle psionic ability for a swift, 2 moves, and 2 standards every single round.

Rubik
2013-04-03, 10:51 AM
Well...I can get you there, but it's not pretty. The Swiftblade ability at 9th level gets you an extra standard action whenever hasted. Combine with the Hustle psionic ability for a swift, 2 moves, and 2 standards every single round.You'd have to add in ruby knight vindicator for extra swifts, else it's not a full round.

Extra swift actions are nearly impossible to come by.

Flickerdart
2013-04-03, 11:02 AM
Well...I can get you there, but it's not pretty. The Swiftblade ability at 9th level gets you an extra standard action whenever hasted. Combine with the Hustle psionic ability for a swift, 2 moves, and 2 standards every single round.
Hustle is a swift action to manifest, so you actually have no swift actions.

RFLS
2013-04-03, 11:06 AM
You'd have to add in ruby knight vindicator for extra swifts, else it's not a full round.

Extra swift actions are nearly impossible to come by.

I think at this point we're straying into needing DWK+Loredrake shenanigans. You need 9 levels of Swiftblade and 7 of RKV to get their goodies. So...let's see.

Spell-Hoarding Loredrake Dragonwrought Kobold starts you with a Wizard casting level of 2, right? So Wizard 3/Cloistered Cleric 1/Ruby Knight Vindicator 7/Swiftblade 9. Get your extra skill ranks for RKV by taking a Bloodline (increased max skill ranks). As long as you have a way to get at-will or X/day Hustle, you're golden. It'd be super cheesy if it weren't so bad.

EDIT/Disclaimer: This is massively cheesy and borderline legal. I'm also sure it falls apart somewhere. Overall, don't bring this to a table.

Ever.

Person_Man
2013-04-03, 01:07 PM
You can also theoretically use the "idiot Crusader (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14467447)" loophole for infinite maneuver refreshment, though the RAW is highly suspect, and it probably won't get you the Warblade maneuvers that you want.

Carth
2013-04-03, 01:24 PM
Synads are a race that can gain an extra swift action once a day, twice a day if you take a feat as I recall.

It hasn't been mentioned, but I'm gonna guess shapechanging into a chronotyryn isn't going to help. A chronotyryn swiftblade with one level of sacred exorcist could move via travel devotion, take a full round action, use the swiftblade's standard action to recover maneuvers, then use the chronotyryn's second full round action. Wizard5/incantatrix4/mindbender1/swiftblade9/sacred exorcist1//warblade20. Would do the trick. Obviously only useful in a gestalt setting, though.

kreenlover
2013-04-03, 05:01 PM
Yah, really what I'm doing is being true to my name (I love Thri-Kreens) and trying to make a build that...well, hopefully I will be posting the specifics soon enough anyways. I was hoping to be able to reset my maneuver's every round (I am planning major cheese, that would have made it cheesier) but I guess one set of maneuvers every other round will have to suffice. Basically, I'm trying to get my name and build up there with the Jack-B-Quick fighter and things like that.:smallbiggrin:

Thanks for all your help guys. I think a spell clock or greater celerity+freedom of movement may do the trick