PDA

View Full Version : PF Vitalist as only healing?

JusticeZero
2013-04-03, 12:15 PM
Both for PF and P6...
The Vitalist looks if anything a bit unwieldy, and the positioning of some of its powers worries me a bit. How well do they work really for a game where there is no access to clerical magic at all?

stack
2013-04-03, 12:24 PM
They are great, but early on generating RAW HP to distribute can be a bit tricky. Natural healing is terribly inefficient, but putting it on a dorje or having someone else use a wand of CLW (not an option if there is no magic, just psionics) takes care of thing out of combat. For combat, spirit of many + vigor is amazing, though that doesn't kick in for a few levels. Spirit of many + biofeedback is nice too. Steal health can help out quite a bit if you don't mind getting close.

Archetypes change the equation. Life leech/sadist can do interesting things with forced participant to grab enemies as HP batteries. Use drain health until they die, then use the free PP from sadist to manifest more powers.

Collapse is nifty for a 1st level power, free if you go soul thief, which is my favorite method.

ed - I beat Psyren to this one! Obligatory handbook link. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222365)

Use the human FC bonus to grab vigor, it never goes out of style, so you might as well have it in a non-swappable spot.

JusticeZero
2013-04-03, 01:05 PM
What about statuses and such? Are clerics easy access to Restoration effects balanced by those effects being an undead thing, or are there other sources to watch for?

stack
2013-04-03, 01:48 PM
They have the powers to do it, though due to limited powers retrieved per day keeping items to handle emergencies is wise. You don't want all your selection tied up on body purification and empathic condition relief.

Maybe get a low-level psi-crown or just a bunch of scrolls/crystals.