PDA

View Full Version : Help finding the proper build for a mounted character!

MiME
2013-04-03, 05:54 PM
Hey guys!

I'm trying to get back into GMing and one of my new players wants to play as a mounted rifleman/sniper. In my setting there's place for something like that but I'd need for it to be something of a knight, and I'm having real trouble finding a class that complies with the following pre-requisites:

- Access to a mount and mount-related feats, skills, etc.
- Access to ranged weaponry-related feats, skills, etc. Hopefully with some consideration in regards to the usual hassles of shooting stuff from a mount.
- Access to guns and powder, steampunky weapons.

I figured there would be some mounted archer prestige class that could work or maybe some weird variation on the ranger but no luck so far. And since I'm having trouble finding exactly what I need I decided to just cook it up on my own, but I'm not sure what the most optimized mix of classes would be.

I've been looking into Iron Kingdoms for the rifleman and the steampunky stuff and somebody recommended I look into Eberron but I'm having trouble finding the manuals and stuff.

Anyways, I was hoping that maybe you guys could help me out! Everything is fair game, so feel free to suggest pretty much whatever.

EDIT: Oh! And I'm giving them a few free levels from the start, so there's that too!