PDA

View Full Version : PMA: House of Dragon

Pages : [1] 2

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 08:18 PM
Started here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275110&page=5)
Melody:
You manage to channel the mon just as it's about to take it's first bite of paras.
Perfect bloody domination, ya campy weasel!
The mon crunches down, taking a bite out of it with great joy and gusto. Then it really notices you, and turns to look.
Oi, who're ye?

Rick
You heard about this place, the Wall, where the people guard the realm from the hordes that sacked the neighboring Barony with unyielding service. The valley that leads to it is longer than you expected, admittedly, but...wait, what's that thing?
A yellow, armored mon crawls out of a crack higher up, scavenging some food.

Dragonsage
2013-04-03, 08:27 PM
Melody watches the Gible begin feasting on it's prey, a beautiful sight of dominance when you're not the prey. 'Hello. My name is Melody. Sorry for interrupting you meal, but I couldn't resist an opportunity speak with a rare dragon.'

didn't see the edit :P

Talon15
2013-04-03, 08:30 PM
Stifling a yawn Rick blinks in surprise when he sees the creature. The trip had been pretty boring so far...

"So what do we have here?"

Taking out his wand to identify the creature, Rick also sends out Wake.

"Alright Wake stay sharp."

Eshkigal
2013-04-04, 01:00 PM
Melody
The gible puffs itself up a bit from pride at that.
Oh, aye. They have more Hoennese black cyclops in these parts than gibles.
That sounds more like it bragging.

Rick
You have a sandshrew in your sights, which just pulled out some food.
When suddenly, some of the mushrooms rise up out of the dirt behind it and shoot some powder at it, causing it to cough and wheeze as its joints lock up.

Talon15
2013-04-04, 01:31 PM
"The Heck?" Rick takes a step back, not sure whats going on.

"Bad mushrooms? Wake get ready to go in. We may have to give that little guy a hand." He checks with the wand if they may be pokemon.

Dragonsage
2013-04-04, 06:09 PM
Melody smiles at the fact the she managed to flatter the dragon. 'Wow, a rare sight indeed.' She assumed, since she had never heard the saying before.

She approached the Gible casually. 'I am bit of a rarity myself among humans. For example, not many people are able to communicate with pokemon the way i can. If you like I can show you some of my other abilities.' She placed her hand on her hip and grinned. 'That is if you're willing to do some traveling with me.' She offered.

Eshkigal
2013-04-04, 10:51 PM
(Dragon, lines like that require charisma checks)
And leave my lair unguarded, lassie? Must fancy yerself tae be some grand humie, then.

Rick
Your wand IDs them as three paras. They seem to be trying to kill the sandshrew for sustenance for the mushrooms on their back.

Dragonsage
2013-04-04, 11:09 PM
(oh of course :P)

'Only one way to find out if i am, now isn't there?' She tried to sound as confident as possible.

[roll0] Cha check!!! don't fail me now dice!

Talon15
2013-04-04, 11:21 PM
"Well three on one isn't fair. Wake get in there! Quick Attack!"

Rick points at the closest one, hoping to draw their attention.

hp: 51 def 4 spdef 3 spd 13
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 03:03 PM
Melody
"Oh aye, lass, there is, there is. Face me yerself, an' if ye win, I'll go wit'ya. But only you fighting, got it?"
(High enough to consider, not high enough to be a friend catch)

Rick
Wake slams into one, causing a puff of spores to get released from it. The others turn to face him, angry at the interruption and trying to gas him as the third skitters to a safer spot.
 [roll0] spore
[roll1] poisonpowder
[roll2] stun spore

Talon15
2013-04-05, 05:15 PM
"Wake! Watch out for the gas! Protect! Follow with a sonicboom!" Rick orders, the buizel protecting herself from one of the attacks.

(she'll shield herself form whatever the first hit is. Assuming it was spore.)

paralysis check (dc 6)
[roll0]

if success:
ac 6
[roll1]
15 damage no resist, targeting as many as possible

Dragonsage
2013-04-05, 05:26 PM
'Sounds fair enough.' Melody agreed to the challenge before drinking some more water, restoring her health.

(could I get a list of it's moves since i'm channeling it?)

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 09:11 PM
Rick
(Sorry, meant to specify Effect Spore-they have that as their ability. Only paralyzed and poisoned, and you just protected from the paralysis.)
Wake protects from the stun spore, but inhales the toxin (used round 2 here-protect is an interrupt, and you can use up to two at a time, because there's only so much you can do at once). They swarm as the sandshrew manages to move forward, dropping the weakest before it could attack.
[roll0]-scratch 2+def evasion
[roll1]
[roll2]-scratch
[roll3]
Then Wake tries to hit it with a sonicboom, but it goes wide.

Melody
You look through it's moves, and you get a small list. Tackle, sand-attack, dragon rage, sandstorm, take down, and one special move: dragon claw.

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 09:51 PM
And here's the crit!
[roll0]

Talon15
2013-04-05, 10:00 PM
"Ah wake!" Rick cries before returning the down buizel.

"Right then, MYR YOU'RE UP!" He shouts calling out his Zangoose.

"Slash them!"

Hp 54 Def 6 Spdef 6 Spd 14

[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-04-05, 10:22 PM
Melody thinks about the available abilities the dragon had before deciding on which one to "borrow." She eventually decides that a vulgar display of power would probably by the best way to impress a dragon and takes the move, "Dragon rage."

Absorbing the knowledge of the attack sent an ancient and primal sense of power through out the entirety of her being. She had felt a similar sensation with other moves that she had borrowed, but never on this scale. The power of a dragon was overwhelming and intoxicating.

Once she allowed the feeling to set in, she grinned. 'Let's begin!' She practically roared before unleashing torrent of blue flame from her mouth towards the Gible.

Dragon Rage

[roll0] vs 2

40 damage

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 10:40 PM
Melody
The gible's eyes go wide as you blast him with dragonfire, sending him flying down the tunnel. He raises a tiny claw.
That'd...that'd do it alright.
And then it smacks back down. Looks nearly unconscious.

Rick
The claw unfortunately misses, as one tries to claw Myr, the other going to deal with the pesky sandshrew (who just failed his paralysis check)
(Please do your quick attack roll first, as you might 1 shot it)

Dragonsage
2013-04-06, 05:04 AM
Melody spends a moment catching her breath after feeling the rush of the dragon's fire leaving her slightly drained. Once she manages to regain her composure, she makes her way over to the Gible and check on it before doing much else. 'Are you okay?' She took out one of her quarts balls and readies it. 'We can go get you patched up, but first.' She then taps the nearly unconscious dragon with the ball.

[roll0] capture roll if needed. really?! dice?! why you do dis?!

hope it's not actually fainted... hate to make that mistake again >.>

Eshkigal
2013-04-06, 09:10 AM
The gible's still barely conscious, and you notice a large crack in the quartz. You'd have to fix that be...before...
No, this will be too useful to me. Assuming direct control.
You gasp as your flesh begins to warp, tendrils shooting out at the gible, far too weak to do more than struggle a bit as it's enveloped. No, this isn't right, this isn't...is*
Well, you're sure lucky this obsidian is a lot more reliable in caves! You send out the gible, who gives a weak, sincere smile.
Well, you got me fair and square. Don't know how my name translates to human, so use whatever ya wish.
(Quartz spent, and seeing as this is a friendly capture, no roll was really needed. However, I hope you don't mind the fluff around it. Level 14, male, exp later.)

Talon15
2013-04-06, 10:28 AM
Seeing the paras split up Rick sees an opening.

"Myr strike him first with a quick attack!" He commands.

(completely forgot about my improved attacks+ bonus) edit: also YES didn't roll crap again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-04-06, 02:59 PM
Melody returns the smile before thinking of a name for the Gible. 'How about I call you, Onaga.' She offered before picking him up and started to head for the exit.

(Naw it's totally cool. guess it also answers my questions about my pokemon having any memories when Melody has her episodes)

Eshkigal
2013-04-06, 08:02 PM
Rick
One looks wounded, but still barely up. Powder is kicked up from the body, before it tries scratching Myr, then trying to stun the newcomer.
[roll0]-effect spore
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]-stun spore

Melody
You head towards the exit, but something feels off...
(perception please)

Dragonsage
2013-04-06, 08:17 PM
Having an odd feeling, Melody looked around in an attempt to find the possible source.
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-06, 08:32 PM
You spot something strange drag itself into a side tunnel, one poorly lit. Looks like a mound of tendrils.

Talon15
2013-04-06, 08:40 PM
"Stubborn bug! Lets get you out of the way." Taking a quartz ball from his bag, Rick throws it at the wounded Paras.

cap roll
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-06, 08:51 PM
And the paras goes in the ball.
(Level 13, male, rest is up to you.)

Dragonsage
2013-04-06, 08:56 PM
Seeing something move into the shadows, Melody stops moving and sends out Shyvana before recalling Vulcan. "Shyvana, I can use some light." She requested her charmeleon to use her flame lit tail to produce some light.

"Oh right, Onaga. This is Shyvana, she's been with me for a very long time."She introduced the two dragons before using the extra light from Shy's tail to look down the previously poorly lit tunnel.

(glow capability! ^_^)

Talon15
2013-04-06, 08:58 PM
"And lets finish this up! Myr slash that last Paras!" Rick orders, storing that caught paras.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-04-06, 09:01 PM
Rick
It's barely up, until the sandshrew, now bleeding as well, scratches it across the face before falling over, panting as the paralyzing agents begin to become too much to move.
(390 exp, distribute between Wake and Myr equally)

Melody
Grassy tendrils wave back and forth as the mon glares at you from a dead end You can only make out eyes and a pair of feet underneath them.

Dragonsage
2013-04-06, 09:25 PM
Melody scans the tangela. 'A grass type huh? Could be useful when I challenge Tiberius.' She thought before commanding Shyvana. "scratch it!"

Scratch- normal physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-04-06, 09:33 PM
"Keep a look out Myr" Rick orders his Zangoose as he kneels down next to the sandshrew.

"Hey there little guy. Sorry I couldn't help you sooner lemme see what I can do for you." Reaching into his bag he takes out a potion to heal the sandshrew.

potion heal! Do I apply my exp bonus to both pokemon?
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-08, 06:44 PM
Melody
Unfortunately, the dense vines absorb most of the attack, leaving an agitated looking tangela. It coughs some blue powder down the hall.
[roll0]-sleep powder

Rick
The small cuts fade, but there are other things at work. Paralytic dust coats the sandshrew.

Dragonsage
2013-04-08, 06:59 PM
Shyvana coughs as she fights to try to stay awake. If she she manages to keep awake then Melody will have her use Ember.

[roll0] sleep check vs 16 on first round

ember- fire special
[roll1]
[roll2]

Talon15
2013-04-08, 07:36 PM
Rick ponders what to do before reaching a decision.

"Tell you what little guy. I'll take you with me to the wall, I need to head there and heal Wake anyway. After you are good to go you can leave."

cap roll: quartz ball
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-08, 09:06 PM
Rick
The sandshrew can't move, but disappears when you tap it readily enough.
(Level 16, female)

Melody
Unfortunately, Melody's eyes get droopy and she collapses into a drugged sleep. Did...did it just get a bit bigger?
(Used Growth)

Dragonsage
2013-04-08, 09:41 PM
Both Melody and Shyvana drift off into sleep, they both try their best to fight it to continue battling.

If Shyvana wakes, she'll try to ember the tangela.

Shyvana's sleep check
[roll0]
Melody's sleep check
[roll1]
DC for both should be 14 on second round of sleep

Ember- fire special
[roll2]
[roll3]
if crits [roll4]

Eshkigal
2013-04-08, 09:49 PM
The tangela screeches as it catches fire this time, badly off. It's barely conscious, and tries to wrap the fire starter.
[roll0]-bind
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-04-08, 09:59 PM
Shyvana puffs up some smoke before giving a threatening roar to the Tagela, while she protected her master's body.

If Melody wakes she'll toss a quarts.

Shy's threat [roll0]

[roll1] sleep check

not gonna waste my cap roll until i actually wake up

Eshkigal
2013-04-08, 10:04 PM
Panicking, the tangela begins smacking Shy with other tendrils!
[roll0]-rounds left
[roll1]-damage this round
[roll2]-vine whip
[roll3]

Dragonsage
2013-04-08, 10:12 PM
Shyvana roars as she took damaged from being whipped and squeezed. She puffs out more smoke, this time deciding to conceal herself and Melody in the shroud.

Shyvana used Smoke screen.

[roll0] wakey wakey melody!! vs 12

Talon15
2013-04-09, 11:14 AM
"Right. Now that's taken care of lets get out of here Myr. First though lets heal you. With Wake down and our friend paralyzed we need you in top shape." Rick reaches into his bag for another potion.

[roll0]

Nodding at his work he sets off again for the wall.

encounter roll if I need another one:
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-04-09, 10:38 PM
Melody
The tangela panics more, swinging wildly.
[roll0]
[roll1]-vine whip
[roll2]

Rick
As you get closer, you spot a small flicker of flame shoot up above the grass. You move forward, and find a small red lizard like mon.

Dragonsage
2013-04-09, 10:50 PM
Hidden in the smoke, Shyvana manages to evade the vines before she gives another threatening roar trying to get the tangela to yield.

[roll0] shy's threat

[roll1] wake up already! vs 10!

Dragonsage
2013-04-09, 11:11 PM
Melody stirs from her unexpected nap and stands up fully alert. "Shyvana?" She looked over the dragon who was trapped in vines. "Right, Tangela..." She takes a quarts ball and hurls it at the plant.

capture roll!
[roll0]

Talon15
2013-04-10, 09:47 AM
His curiosity getting the better of him, Rick moves closer to the unknown mon. Taking out his wand to identify it Myr follows close behind.

Eshkigal
2013-04-10, 06:31 PM
Rick
You get closer and spot a small red lizard with a strange beak. It spits a gout of flame at some berries, making them sizzle before popping them in its mouth.
(dex check to not get noticed)

Melody
The tangela disappears into the ball just as it's about to panic even worse.
(19, female, rest is up to you.)

Dragonsage
2013-04-10, 09:55 PM
Melody collects the quarts ball before petting the hurting Shyvana. "Good job girl!" She gave the dragon some affection before returning her and Onaga, not wanting further injury to come to ether of them. She then begins to head toward the exit again.

Talon15
2013-04-11, 02:18 PM
Trying to avoid startling the mon Rick takes out his wand to identify it.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-11, 04:27 PM
Rick
Unfortunately, the magby spots you. It spits a cloud of smoke out between you, and you hear the patter of claws on soil.

Melody
(570 exp for Shy, by the way)
You reach the door, unchallenged by any more mon. You head out and to the medic on staff, who charges you the normal amount (100 a mon, status effects are 25 per effect)

Talon15
2013-04-11, 05:12 PM
Rick coughs loudly from the smoke. "Oh that's fowl! Myr Pursuit!" He orders as he points in the general direction of the magby.

[roll0]

if he isn't fleeing:
[roll1]

if he is fleeing:
[roll2]

Dragonsage
2013-04-11, 06:33 PM
Melody pays to have her pokemon healed up before finding one of the captains to ask about the required lieutenant match before she could challenge one of them.

Eshkigal
2013-04-13, 11:11 AM
Rick
Myr bursts from the cloud, just missing the magby with his claws. This causes a little squeal from the little mon, who tries to run faster.

Melody
What luck! You find both together, talking strategy. Maria notices you first.
"Hey there! What can we help you with?"

Dragonsage
2013-04-13, 12:29 PM
Melody wasn't sure if I was a good sign or not that they were discussing strategy, but she approached them regardless. "I was planning on challenging one of you today."

Talon15
2013-04-13, 12:54 PM
Coughing as he steps out of the smoke, Rick sees the little Magby running off. Sighing he calls out to Myr.

"Myr never mind! Let the little guy go. Don't want to chase him around this place. Who knows what else is around here."

Eshkigal
2013-04-14, 10:53 PM
Rick
You make it the rest of the way to the Wall, and it is awe inspiring. A city built into the sides of a valley, and a truly massive wall at one end that is constantly expanding back as you see hundreds of truly massive rock pokemon rising from the ground*. You come to the gate, and are welcomed in.

*Look big from where you are 50-60 feet and hundreds of feet away, so pretty damn big

Melody
The captains look to each other, before grinning widely at one another.
"Well, we actually normally do something a little...different from other captains, miss."
"You see, we're best as a team, so we like to do double battles more."
"So if you want, you can find a partner to help you, or choose one of us."
"But if you win, you get two badges instead of one for one fight!"

Dragonsage
2013-04-14, 11:10 PM
"Double battle?" Melody thought about it for a second and decided that would be quicker to earn two badges at once. "Very well, I'll try to go find a partner for a double battle then." She declares before leaving to find a possible partner. She also sends out Shyvana to aid her with her search.

Talon15
2013-04-15, 09:41 AM
"This place is amazing... but first things first." Rick states as he wanders inside, he turns to the closest person to him to ask for directions to a healer.

Eshkigal
2013-04-16, 06:57 PM
Melody
Well, there are a few likely spots that can be helpful. One could be the healers, another the shop, and the last was a small bazaar you saw.

Zach
You find the healer's building. 100 per mon, 25 per status effect.

Dragonsage
2013-04-16, 07:35 PM
Melody decides to check out the healer, thinking there should be a few trainers around there. If there are, then their pokemon should be healthy enough for a battle after the healing.

Talon15
2013-04-17, 11:47 AM
Rick pays to have Wake and Myr healed as well as cure the sandshrew of her paralysis. Thanking the healer for their time he heads back towards the entrance to the wall. Letter her out and holding her as he walks.

"There we go, healed you up. If you want to go I'll release you back outside, or if you want you can come with me. What do you say?" He asks with a smile.

Eshkigal
2013-04-18, 01:05 PM
Melody
You arrive at the healer's, and spot a guy heading out with a sandshrew that looks confused.

Rick
Your new buddy looks confused before hugging your arm. Seems its not going anywhere just yet.
(Did I ever give you stats?)

Talon15
2013-04-18, 02:01 PM
(level 16 female sandshrew was the info you gave me)

Rick grins.

"Alright then. How about I call you... roll? Yeah that'll work." He nods to himself as he sets the sandshrew down.

"You can properly meet the whole team later. For now let's see what's here." He gives Roll an affectionate pat before he turns to explore the wall.

Dragonsage
2013-04-18, 02:11 PM
Melody takes out her wand to scan the sandshrew before confirming with shyvana. "What do you think girl? Does he look like a good partner?"

Shyvana looked over at the trainer and sandshrew before shrugging. "Well it couldn't hurt to ask." Melody sighed before walking up to him with Shyvana by her side. "Excuse me sir, can I ask something of you."

Talon15
2013-04-18, 02:27 PM
Stands up from petting Roll to face the newcomer. He smiles before addressing her.

"Hi. What can I do for you?"

Dragonsage
2013-04-18, 02:58 PM
"I was looking to challenge the local captains here and they offered me a chance to challenge them both at the same time." Melody explained before making her request. "Unfortunately this would mean a double battle and I need a tag partner... I was wondering if you would be willing to help me."

Talon15
2013-04-18, 03:17 PM
Rick seems excited at the idea.

"Oh so a double battle against two captains? And you want me as a partner? I'd be delighted." He smiles and points proudly to himself.

"The name is Rick and I would be happy to battle with you."

Dragonsage
2013-04-18, 04:14 PM
Melody's eyes lit up when Rick agreed to help her out. "Thank you! My name is Melody." She introduced herself before petting the fiery lizard by her side. "And this is here is Shyvana, pleasure to meet you." She added while her eyes inspected Rick's physical appearance.

"If you're ready then I can take you captains, unless you want to get some extra training in." She offered before leading Rick around.

Talon15
2013-04-18, 05:43 PM
Squatting down to give the Charmeleon friendly wave he takes out his wand to identify Shyvana. "Nice to meet you Shyvana. This is my newest friend Roll." He adds petting his Sandshrew.

He stands back up and scratches his chin at the prospect of training. "Well... we're already here and I'd love to have a go at some captains." He glances down at Roll who is sitting idly by. "I think I'm ready to go now." Rick decides giving a friendly smile.

"Lead the way Melody."

Eshkigal
2013-04-19, 06:19 PM
You two go back to the barracks, and Maria and Tiberius nod.
"Faster than we expected, Melody."
"We're not familiar with your friend. We're Captains Maria and Tiberius, the Defending Duke and the Blitz Baroness. Would you like to take a trip into the Tunnel before your lieutenant fight? There are some rarer pokemon in there, and it does tend to help people get ready."

Talon15
2013-04-20, 11:45 AM
"No thanks, I can check that place out later." Rick says, before realizing he didn't introduce himself.

"Sorry the names Rick Dannen, nice to meet you two." He says with a smile.

"Melody asked me to help her battle you two and to be honest I always wanted to see how I would fair against captains."

Eshkigal
2013-04-21, 10:04 PM
"A pleasure to meet you, Rick. Before you face us, it's traditional to defeat a pair of our lieutenants to help you get used to working together and prove you are ready for the actual challenge, first."
Tiberius calls two guards in, who send out a grass snake (servine) and butterfree.

Dragonsage
2013-04-21, 11:09 PM
Melody scans the released mon with her wand before sending out Blitz. "You'll get your turn later." She said to Shyvana before recalling her. "Ready when you are, Rick."

We get a map?
Blitz: 33/33 HP, 6 Def, 7Sdef, 8 Spd

Talon15
2013-04-22, 11:54 AM
Also scanning the opponents, Rick returns Roll. "Sorry girl, going to save you for later." He follows up by sending out Glaive, nodding to Melody. "Ready to go."

Glaive: 57/57 HP, 4 DEF, 4 SDEF, 6 SPD

Eshkigal
2013-04-29, 01:04 AM
(Without map will go quicker, but I can make you a quick on on the general map doc if you want. For now, this has waited to start long enough.)
The enemy mon go first, the butterfree raining tiring powder on Blitz while the servine goes to smack Glaive a bit with a vine.
[roll0]-sleep powder, 6+speed ev, likely only hits Blitz
[roll1]-vine whip, 2+def
[roll2]

Dragonsage
2013-04-29, 02:15 AM
(fair enough)

"Blitz, try to wake up!" Melody called out to yellow rodent dozing off.

[roll0] sleep check vs 16 on the first round.

Talon15
2013-04-29, 09:08 AM
"Glaive don't worry about the one that attacked you. Hit that butterfree with a dual chop!" He orders, pointing to the bug.

[roll0] Vs. 3
[roll1] Vs. 3

damage for first hit
[roll2]

damage for second
[roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-04-29, 10:13 AM
The butterfree's sent reeling, but is still up. It shoots a telekinetic blast at Glaive, while the servine keeps lashing out, this time smacking at Blitz.
[roll0] confusion, 2+sp. def
[roll1]
[roll2] vine whip, 2+def
[roll3]

Dragonsage
2013-04-29, 11:07 AM
Melody continues to call out to the sleeping rodent, attempting to wake it.

[roll0] vs 14 sleep check

Dragonsage
2013-04-29, 11:14 AM
After waking up from it's brief nap, Blitz looks around before hearing Melody's command. "Attack the butterfree with a thundershock!"

"Pi!!" The rodent cried as it let loose an arcing surge of electricity to the flying bug.

Thundershock
[roll0] Ac vs 2
(1d12+16)[21] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15142879&postcount=78) rolled it in a ooc
if crit [roll1]

Talon15
2013-04-29, 12:03 PM
"Alright. Two on one now." Rick says with a grin. "Glaive scratch that Servine!"

[roll0] vs. 2
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-04-30, 08:00 AM
The serpent nimbly dodges out of the way as the claws dart forward, while the butterfree is recalled and replaced by a small krabby. It snips excitedly as the servine lashes out, giving both of your mon a chance to strike first.
[roll0]-@Blitz again
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-04-30, 11:16 AM
"Blitz, use your new movie." Melody called out before the vine could reach the Pichu.

"Pichu!" He grunted before a sphere of protection surrounded the pichu, blocking the whip.

Blitz: 19/33 HP, 6 Def, 7Sdef, 8 Spd

used protect

Talon15
2013-04-30, 11:42 AM
"Right time to deal with you now. Dual chop again Glaive." Rick orders, pointing to the servine. Glaive eagerly charges his opponent, annoyed about the attack from earlier.

[roll0] vs. 3
[roll1] vs. 3

[roll2] *man keeping forgetting them bonuses
[roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-04-30, 05:41 PM
One blow hits, staggering the servine and nearly dropping it.
But that brings a new problem. The krabby apparently loves to snip at things near it.
[roll0]-vice grip, 2+def
[roll1]

With it's speed, the servine lashes out at Blitz again.
[roll2] vine whip
[roll3]

Talon15
2013-04-30, 05:56 PM
"Glaive protect yourself from that attack!" Rick quickly calls out before the krabby strikes.

The axew then protects itself in a similar fashion as Blitz.

Hp 25, Def 4, SDef 4, Spd 6

Had to protect on that one or it was lights out for Glaive.

Dragonsage
2013-04-30, 06:03 PM
Blitz was too exhausted to put up another barrier to protect itself this time and couldn't dodge out of the way in time. He takes the hit and remains standing, although clearly ready to fall over if the wind happened to blow a little hard.

"Come back Blitz." Melody recalled the pichu and sent out Naga as he replacement combatant.

The serpent looks around, getting it's barrings before attacking.

Naga: 37/37 HP, 7 def, 8 Sdef, 9 spd

Dragonsage
2013-04-30, 06:30 PM
"Naga, attack the servine!" After gathering his senses, Naga rushed up to the grass snake and bite down on it.

bite- dark physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-04-30, 07:10 PM
The serpent just misses as the servine attacks her with yet another whip, and the krabby snips at the axew.
[roll0]-vine whip at Naga
[roll1]
[roll2]-vice grip on Glaive
[roll3]

Dragonsage
2013-04-30, 07:28 PM
Naga narrowly evades the vine whip before striking the servine again with his jaws open, ready to bite down hard.

Bite- Dark physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-01, 10:12 AM
Rick winces as Glaive goes down from the vice grip.

"Sorry Glaive." He says as he returns the downed Axew. "Alight, Wake your turn!"

Activating speedboost from the get go.

Hp: 51, Def 4, SDef 3, Spd 13(16)

"Quick attack the Servine!"

[roll0] vs. 2
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-05-01, 07:54 PM
The servine dodges the fangs, only to get smacked in the gut by the quick attack. It topples over, and is replaced by an ivysaur. It launches sleep powder at Wake, as Clamps charges Naga, trying to snip her.
[roll0]-vice grip
[roll1]
[roll2]-sleep powder, 6 vs speed

Dragonsage
2013-05-01, 08:04 PM
After getting clamped by the krabby, Naga turns his attention to the crab and bites it.

Naga: 12/37 HP, 7 def, 8 Sdef, 9 spd
Bite- dark physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-02, 12:46 PM
"Wake Protect!" Rick orders before the powder can make contact with the Buizel.

Popping protect to avoid falling asleep next to a grass type :smalleek:

spd: 13(19) evasion is +3 now

Edit: forgot to color text

Eshkigal
2013-05-02, 01:28 PM
The krabby flinches as the long fangs sink in, another hit might drop it. Meanwhile, the ivysaur tries to whip Wake.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-05-02, 01:58 PM
"Finish it, Naga!" The serpent clamped down on the Krabby again.

Bite- dark physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-02, 03:11 PM
"Strike them both wake!" Wake quickly repositions to try and target them both while avoiding naga.

[roll0] vs. 6
15 damage flat no resist or defense

spd: 13(22) spd evasion is at +4 now

Eshkigal
2013-05-02, 06:41 PM
The krabby's carapace is too thick for that bite, and it's ignored. The blast KOs it, and the ivysaur growls before trying to whip Wake again.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Meanwhile, the other trainer sends out an emolga. It charges up and shoots a bolt at Naga
[roll2]-thundershock
[roll3]

Talon15
2013-05-02, 07:03 PM
Rick winces at the Ivysaur's blow. "Wake come back. You've done enough." He returns his buizel and takes a deep breath before sending out his Zangoose. "Myr your turn!"

Myr:
Hp: 54, Def: 6, SDef: 6, Spd: 13

"Slash that Emolga!"

[roll0] vs. 2

[roll1]
if crit:
[roll2]

Dragonsage
2013-05-02, 07:08 PM
Dodging the lightning with his serpent reflex, Naga chomps down on the new comer.

Bite- dark physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-02, 07:16 PM
Roll for second hit on slash.

[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-05-02, 07:23 PM
Between the bite and slash, the emolga goes down. But Myr's not done yet. He bursts forward in a surprising blitz, and takes the ivysaur down as well!
Down to their final mon, they send out a gligar. That poor, poor gligar.

Talon15
2013-05-02, 07:27 PM
"Uh.. w-wow Myr." Rick whistles in appreciation at his Zangoose's display. "You know what to do pal!" He says pointing at their last opponent. Myr is quick to go to work. "Scratch!"

scratch
1d20 vs. 2

[roll0]
if crit:
[roll1]

Talon15
2013-05-02, 07:28 PM
edit: botched accuracy roll

[roll0] vs 2

Eshkigal
2013-05-02, 07:33 PM
The gligar's hit, and barely standing. The guard shakes his head before recalling the mon.
"You two have proven your capabilities. Here's your reward, one of the medics will see to your pokemon."
Both of you get 10,000 poke.

Talon15
2013-05-02, 08:44 PM
Rick has a sigh of relief before he accepts his reward plopping down on his rear afterwards. He gives Myr an affectionate pat on the head.

"Well that was a fun fight right Myr? Let's get the team healed up so we can get to the main event." He says with a grin before abruptly standing back up to have his team healed.

Dragonsage
2013-05-02, 08:53 PM
Melody gives a cheer as the final enemy pokemon fell. "Good job Naga!" She moved up the snake and allowed it to coil up her arm before accepting her reward and going to see the medic.

Afterward she rearranges her team around, switch Blitz and Naga for Onaga and Briar. "Looks like I found a good partner." She complemented Rick.

Talon15
2013-05-02, 09:57 PM
"Heh, thanks. You did really good yourself, didn't have to use all three like me." Rick comments as he switches a gem in his wand. "We proved our worth and now we get to face captains. Man I've been looking forward to this!" He says excitedly.

Dragonsage
2013-05-03, 02:08 PM
"Thank you. Naga got pretty lucky with some dodges out there." Melody eyes the older man, making out more details about him she hadn't noted before. "Your pokemon are pretty strong attackers, you must train them well."

She found herself making all sorts or mental notes on the man before felt a little light headed. "Woah... little dizzy there..." She felt something strange happening within herself. "Must be from the excitement."

Imposter check on Rick: drains 10 hp
[roll0] vs his wis mod

if successful, then using Morphic Control to retain her form (cause let's not freak out our new friend) and using Talent theif to borrow Improved Attacks +

Eshkigal
2013-05-03, 09:53 PM
You both head up to the Captains, who lead you outside to a clearing near the Wall. There, the Captains send out a strange duo. Tiberius sends out a crystalline onix, lightning arcing from it's horn, and a voltorb that looks as hard as rock. they grin.
"Are you two ready?"

Dragonsage
2013-05-03, 10:11 PM
Melody sends out her newest dragon friend, Onaga. "Ready!"

Onaga: 44/44 HP, 9 Def, 7 Sdef, 4 Spd

Talon15
2013-05-04, 09:13 AM
Doing a quick wanding of the new comers, Rick sends out his newest friend too. "Alright Roll. Now it's your turn."

Roll
hp: 49, def: 12, sdef: 3, spd: 4

Eshkigal
2013-05-04, 11:24 PM
Surprisingly, both of the opponent's mon are faster, the onix uttering strange growls and it's body becoming bulkier (Curse). Meanwhile, the voltorb charges up (charge).
(Both of you are still slower than them. Map is here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnI5j6WFT83RdEJ6UVFPWDVYdDVyTk1vYk1vME5xU Gc#gid=2), put yourselves on it.)

Dragonsage
2013-05-04, 11:46 PM
"Onaga, let's start off with dragon claws." The little dragon moved up to the huge rock snake and took a swipe at it.

Onaga was sent out at D12 and shifted to E7
Dragon claw- dragon physical
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-05, 01:14 PM
"Alright Roll, move and set up with a defense curl." Rick orders.

Roll started at I12 and shifted to F9
Def: 12(15) Eva is now +3

Eshkigal
2013-05-05, 10:39 PM
The rock snake looks surprised that it felt that. Then it calls down rocks, as the voltorb begins to spin, launching towards .
(Stealth Rock!)

[roll0]-Rollout (voltorb) 4+defense on Roll
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-05-05, 11:43 PM
"Onaga, hinder it's sight!" The little dragon kicked up some dust and sand towards the onix's face.

Sand attack
[roll0]

Sand-Attack creates a Column 1 meter wide. All Legal Targets must roll +1 during Accuracy Checks for the remainder of the encounter.

Eshkigal
2013-05-05, 11:48 PM
MEANWHILE...
It had been three years since Kanto had fallen. Three and a half before your family went across the then open border as the Baron's forces had fought with the barbarians. You have explored this land several times in the past three years, but nothing of truly exotic nature...
wait, what was that? You move forward, camera at the ready, and...
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/xerneas_cgi.jpg
What IS that? Your wand gives no answers at the moment...

(This one is equal parts setup and preparation. Gen 6 will be worked in once we have stats for them. Also, this will lead into a different plot point: only old legends seek to kill all humans. New ones...well, who knows where they came from?)

Talon15
2013-05-06, 10:30 AM
Roll manages to deflect the blow, she starts to spin in place as Rick gets the idea.

"Two can play that game! Roll!" Rick orders the sandshrew. She spins faster and goes after the Voltorb.

Rollout, shifting first to G10 then across to D10

[roll0] Vs. 4 +ac
[roll1] + [roll2]

if crit:
[roll3] + [roll4]

Eshkigal
2013-05-06, 01:33 PM
The onix blinks the sands away before cursing again, growing even bulkier. The voltorb takes the hit, and with crackling glee blasts a high pitched wave at Roll before rolling out of the way.
[roll0]-Sonicboom, 15 damage, 6+sp. def

Dragonsage
2013-05-06, 02:08 PM
Onaga goes to swipe at the onix again, trying to over come the over grown snake's defenses.

Dragon claw
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit[roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-06, 02:14 PM
Roll keeps on rolling, hitting the onix as it travels after the voltorb.

Hp: 31, def 12(15), sDef 3, Spd 4
[roll0] vs. 4+eva
[roll1] + [roll2]

if crit:
[roll3] + [roll4]

Edit: forgot to add position change, ending at H6

Eshkigal
2013-05-07, 07:59 PM
The onix growls before slamming its head down at the small dragon, beginning to feel annoyed.
[roll0]-4+def
[roll1]
Meanwhile, the voltorb rolls away.

Dragonsage
2013-05-07, 11:51 PM
Onaga barely sidesteps to get out of the way of the onix's attack before throwing more sand into it's eyes.

Sand attack
[roll0]
Sand-Attack creates a Column 1 meter wide. All Legal Targets must roll +1 during Accuracy Checks for the remainder of the encounter.

Skyshadow235
2013-05-08, 06:23 AM
MEANWHILE...
It had been three years since Kanto had fallen. Three and a half before your family went across the then open border as the Baron's forces had fought with the barbarians. You have explored this land several times in the past three years, but nothing of truly exotic nature...
wait, what was that? You move forward, camera at the ready, and...
http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/pub/large/xerneas_cgi.jpg
What IS that? Your wand gives no answers at the moment...

(This one is equal parts setup and preparation. Gen 6 will be worked in once we have stats for them. Also, this will lead into a different plot point: only old legends seek to kill all humans. New ones...well, who knows where they came from?)

Whoa... Says Skyshadow as he stares down the majestic looking pokemon.

Not many of you often aproach quietly Skyshadow said while smiling shyly. Guess that means your here for a portrait huh? Well... the problem with that is that is that as you are now a portrait of you just wouldn't do you justice. So how about this? Skyshadow sends out Fencer.

I will attack you once you dodge and I get the portrait then. You see one of you only look your best when you are in a more natural setting, and what's more natural then a battle right? You don't have to answer immediately. Fencer and I can wait; after all, we are pretty good at that. If you don't want to just walk away, and if you do then just nod. He said calmly, as if he knew the creatures answer already.

Eshkigal
2013-05-08, 10:25 AM
The unknown pokemon looks at you oddly, and you feel something alien probing your mind. It feels oddly...cautious? Can that even be applied here? As if trying to not accidentally break you. The mental image of a snorlax trying to hold a pidgey's egg comes to mind.
What. Is? Man?

Talon15
2013-05-08, 10:59 AM
"Ok Roll, forget rolling after that ball." Rick gives the thumbsdown, getting what he means Roll instead burrows underground.

Roll burrows where she started and shifts to D10 underground. Defense curling when she gets there.

Def 12(18), ev 4 vs. physical

Skyshadow235
2013-05-08, 09:09 PM
cha to charm [roll0]

Ok... What do you wanna do want to know? I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. But first, how about a picture?

Eshkigal
2013-05-09, 05:18 PM
Sky (Mind if I shorten it to Sky most of the time? Since it's not a common name, more people will call you that, probably)
Everything.
The force in your head still sifts through, and the rest of your mon are sent out without your consent. Light comes from the horns, attracting several flying types to it which then go into a trance upon them.
Help me form. Help me find me.

The Brave Duo
The onix follows Roll down, and you hear it utter curses again (Curse). Roll can feel it move towards her. Meanwhile, the voltorb rolls by Onaga, blasting him with sound.
[roll0] sonic boom, 6+sp. def, always 15 damage

Dragonsage
2013-05-09, 07:21 PM
"Onaga go after it and finish it!" The little dragon jumped into the hole, after being hit with a stealth rock. Once in the hole, he takes a swipe at the onix.

Onaga: 41/44 HP, 9 Def, 7 Sdef, 4 Spd

Dragon claw
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Skyshadow235
2013-05-10, 08:00 AM
Alright big guy, you, have got quite the voice for one thing. Secondly, it will take me some time for me to get a little information on you so before we go there I probably should at least give you a portrait of what you look like.Now, before i use this I'm going to tell you this now. This will blind you for a moment; whether you trust me or not doesn't matter just try not to do too much damage ok?

Snapshot
[roll0]
Roll 1d20 and add your WIS modifier. Multiply the result by 20. You may choose to sell this photograph anywhere.

Talon15
2013-05-10, 10:46 AM
Sensing the Onix nearby. Roll goes on the offensive.

Rollout
[roll0] vs. 4+def
[roll1] + [roll2]

if crit:
[roll3] + [roll4]

Eshkigal
2013-05-10, 08:41 PM
Melody and Rick
The hits dink off of the onix, and it chuckles before surging towards Roll.
[roll0]-Tackle, 5+def
[roll1]
The Voltorb charges a bit.

Sky
The photo comes out amazingly. You think you could get more than the norm, due to finding something that no one has seen before. It's strange, x-shaped pupils move oddly, as it blinks in confusion.
What is that?

Dragonsage
2013-05-10, 09:24 PM
Annoyed by the onix's defense, Onaga takes a deep breath before unleashing a torrent of dragon fire upon the eletric rock snake.

Dragon rage
rolled a 6 in the ooc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15211757&postcount=3)

40 damage

Eshkigal
2013-05-10, 09:49 PM
The burst causes the onix to smash through the floor, crumpling into a heap in front of Melody before getting recalled. A geodude is sent out in turn.

Skyshadow235
2013-05-10, 10:56 PM
Its a device my father made called the portable canvas its quite new and I'm probably the only other person who can make one. In anycase its made to make instant portraits of what ever I point it at. Here take a look bet you've never seen yourself past a water reflection. walks up and places the portrait infront of the mon then steps back.

I'll tell you what you give me about an hour or so and I'll see what I can find out about you. Fencer, Gir, Lila, Elongo since it looks like our friend wanted all of you out I'll leave keeping him entertained to all of you.

Did the Homework
Spend an hour doing research about the target. Every 12 levels gained, you may research an additional target during this hour. The GM gives you X Insight Points for the target that last until the end of the day, where X is half of your INT modifier. While in the vicinity of the target and taking actions related to that target for the rest of the day, you spend an Insight Point once per round as a free action to treat either your WIS or INT mod as 3 higher for the duration of that round. When you spend an Insight Point, your GM gives you a fact about the target that aids in your current action.

Eshkigal
2013-05-11, 12:48 PM
It seems surprised to see itself, studying its appearance with great interest. Maybe...maybe it hadn't seen itself yet? How could that be? Then again, even your frantic considerations of the pokemon, well...it matches nothing. Your wand says it matches nothing, too. The first of a new strain, and it looks too developed to be a normal breed. So...could it be more?
Even as you begin trying to pull ideas up, the pressure in your head reads them, delving ever deeper into your psyche.
Must learn more.
Its form ripples and wavers, before taking the form of a human, though it seems uncertain on its feet to start.
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2013/014/0/d/xerneas_gijinka_by_radiant_lyxill-d5rghc4.png
Lead me to more people. Lead me to knowledge.

Talon15
2013-05-11, 01:05 PM
Hurt but not out yet Roll burrows towards the Voltorb and new opponent. Rick quickly wands it to get a bead on his new foe.

Roll is shifting underground to D5. Voltorb is out of range for rollout so it ends.

Hp: 18, Def 12(18), SDef 3, Spd 4

Skyshadow235
2013-05-12, 03:44 AM
Ok... first thing's first. Ground rules. Stares at the new human shaped mon.

1. You are not, and I repeat, NOT allowed to change into that stag form in front of other people. 2. Do not do that speak into peoples minds to others; I'm pretty sure you can speak my language just fine, and psychic powers aren't to often shown for normal humans. If we do run into psychics inform me and then you can use them so you don't stand out so much. 3. Stick with me and do not go out of my sight. There are lots of different kinds of people in this world, and not all of us are nice. If you understand tell me and we can head south. Waits for answer from his new companion.

Eshkigal
2013-05-13, 09:16 PM
Sky, the man pokemon looks at you, its eyes still a bit odd when you look at them up close, before nodding.
"Ye. Ye. Yessssssssss. Yes?"
It looks confused as it tries talking for the first time. Then it grabs your hand and points to the south.
"Pleeaaaauuse?"

Skyshadow235
2013-05-14, 02:51 AM
Pfft... hahahaha... Wipes away tears from eyes with other hand.

Sorry... sorry, but that face is absolutely priceless. In what ever the case... Turns to his pokemon Fencer, Gir, Elongo, Lila its time to return after all I need you all rested for what ever encounter we may have. There might be trainers around later and we are still in a very wild populated area. He said just before returning all the pokemon back into the wand. He then turned to his new companion and said, Alright preparations complete, and we are off... ummm... by the way what do i call you, my name is skyshadow, most people find it hard to say so they tend to go either sky or shadow depending on whether they like me or not.

Eshkigal
2013-05-14, 05:03 PM
Sky, the pokemon man seems to turn the words over in its mouth, deciding on the best way to pronounce them.
"SkY. sKy. skY? Sky. Shad. Shaad. ShaDow. Shaaaaadoooooowwwww."
Once it finds a way of saying it while following you, it responds again.
I do not know yet. I am learning, presumably I make my own name.

Meanwhile, the geodude begins defense curling up, lacking targets above ground. The voltorb seems to spin in place, waiting for something to breech the surface.

Dragonsage
2013-05-14, 06:26 PM
Onaga makes his way over towards the voltorb and surfaces at D5 and throws sand in the voltorb's eyes.

Sand attack
[roll0]

Talon15
2013-05-14, 07:45 PM
Roll moves underground to B3 before emerging and rolling out through the voltorb and geodude.

rollout on voltorb
[roll0] vs. 4+def
[roll1] + [roll2]

rollout on geodude
[roll3] vs. 6+def
[roll4] + [roll5]

Roll's movement ends at F3

Skyshadow235
2013-05-15, 03:39 AM
It's ok. I just need something to call you so I'm not refering to you as "you" or "hey" or something else that may just sound like I am generalizing in your direction... hmmm... well how about "X" since you got those different looking eyes that look like X shapes?

Eshkigal
2013-05-15, 07:36 PM
Dynamic duo
The voltorb wobbles before rolling back, unconscious. She sends out a strange beast that has a horn on its head and a blade on its tail, electric energy coursing down the yellow fur. It bursts towards Roll.
[roll0]-quick attack, 2+def
[roll1]
Meanwhile, the geodude tosses a rock at Onaga.
[roll2]-rock throw, 4+def
[roll3]

Sky
"Echs? Echx..."
It sounds like a good start...
It looks closer at your eyes, and its own begin wavering, tightening up a bit but still slightly odd.

Dragonsage
2013-05-15, 08:03 PM
Melody points her wand to the new strange pokemon. 'Haven't seen that one before.'

"Onaga, go after the Geodude." The dragon rushed up to the sentient rock and clawed it at.

Shifted to E4

Dragon claw
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-15, 08:20 PM
"Nice work roll! Keep it rolling." Rick instructs while he takes out his wand to identify the new mon.

Activating affirmation: pokemon gains temporary hit points equal to twice trainer's strength modifier after downing another mon or scoring a critical.

Hp: 5, Def: 12(18), SDef: 3, SPD: 4

Rollout, shifting back the way she came to B3.

On Geodude:
[roll0] vs. 4+def

On Absol:
[roll1] vs. 6+def

[roll2] + [roll3]

if crit:
[roll4] + [roll5]

Skyshadow235
2013-05-16, 05:42 AM
heh... I really won't be able to leave you alone for a second, now will I? ... ... ... ummm... hey we've been heading south right? I kinda forgot what direction we were going... sky said holding his arm behind his back in an appologetic manner.

Eshkigal
2013-05-16, 07:11 PM
Throw Down Duet
Before it goes down, the absol tries one last blitz on Onaga. Likely still goes down barring tremendous luck.
The geodude, meanwhile, just takes it before trying to return the favor.
[roll0]-quick attack, onaga
[roll1]
[roll2] tackle, 3+def, Roll
[roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-05-16, 07:12 PM
Crits! Of course crits!
[roll0]

The dear/beast shrugs. Right, newly intelligent...
Well, you spot someone, at least...there's a guy facing a bunch of rattata with a bunch of zigzagoon.

Skyshadow235
2013-05-17, 05:23 AM
Well... you don't see that everyday... hey X, what do you say we see what the fuss is about? I bet that guy could point us in the right direction. Oh, by the way, I know you can speak into my mind, but can you read my thoughts too? Testing... Say: Cook.

Eshkigal
2013-05-17, 06:26 PM
"C...Cuhook."
And so did Sky and a strange deer thing go into a different thread.
Mighty Magic-talking to Lox (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275110&page=10)

Dragonsage
2013-05-18, 01:39 PM
Melody recalls the knocked out dragon and replaces it with Briar, the tangela. "Whip that rock!"

Briar sent out at E12
HP:52/52, Def:15, Sdef:10, Spd:6

(assuming Briar is faster than the Geodude)
Vinewhip- grass physical 10 range
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-05-19, 08:46 AM
Roll comes back around for one more pass and to finish off the Absol.

Rollout: third time

[roll0] vs. 4+def
[roll1] + [roll2]

if crit:
[roll3] + [roll4]

Eshkigal
2013-05-20, 09:16 PM
Both of the enemy pokemon go down simultaneously, and are recalled. The leaders nod.
"Good work you two, you did well for two strangers. Also, I see that you found some rather interesting pokemon in the caves, Melody."
They both come forward, handing each of you a half of their joint emblem.
"You both get a badge from us, and mine boosts speed in one fight while Tiberius's boosts defense. You also get 40,000, and a choice in reward from both of us! Eggs, armor, weapons, or scrolls with moves from our favored types? Only one for each of you, so you'll want to try again with us!"

Dragonsage
2013-05-21, 02:25 AM
"Thank you." Melody accepts the emblem before thinking about which reward she would like. 'Well, I already have an egg. Maybe some armor or a weapon?'

"Could I see what kind of armor and weapons i can choose from?"

Talon15
2013-05-21, 10:39 AM
Wipes his brow with relief. "Whew. You guys really gave us a hard time. If all of you captains are this tough I can't wait for the next one." Rick smiles as he accepts his emblem.

"As for a reward... what type of egg are we talking?"

Eshkigal
2013-05-21, 06:13 PM
"The egg is anything from our chosen types, and we have an armory for the weapons or armor. Again, linked to our types."
"My stuff tends to be lighter than his, though, so if you like more agile movement, it's likely in the electric section and if you want bulk, it's in the rock armor."

Talon15
2013-05-21, 06:57 PM
"Well..." Rick ponders for a moment as he picks up the injured Roll. "How about something rock typed. Someone who can have a lot of power... but not something as big as that onix." He says with a slight chuckle.

Definitely going with a cranidos egg. Gotta give that rock dino a try. :smallbiggrin:

Dragonsage
2013-05-21, 07:13 PM
"Well I'm going to be traveling so some extra protection would be nice. So I'll takes some electric armor then.

Eshkigal
2013-05-22, 07:06 PM
"Well, I think we have just the stuff for both of you."
Two soldiers come in, and show you both to different rooms. Rick is led to a room where breeders are working, and is given a cranidos egg. Meanwhile, Melody is led to an armory, and shown several suits of armor made of different leathers and hides.
"Most electric type armor is made of the pelt of deceased pokemon, as there are very few electric types that are physically sturdy. Choose an armor of your choice, and it'll be yours."

(Realistic lady's armor covering the important bits, level 40, electric typed, light or medium restriction.)

Dragonsage
2013-05-22, 07:53 PM
Melody picks out a set of armor that looked like it would fit her and not weigh her down too much. Once she's given the armor, she'll go about putting it on before going to meet back up with Rick.

Talon15
2013-05-22, 08:09 PM
Rick carefully takes the egg from the breeders, thanking them before he walks back out. Holding the egg in one hand and Roll in the other he goes to look for Melody.

Talon15
2013-05-23, 05:49 PM
When he meets up with Melody Rick gives a friendly wave. "Hey. Don't think I thanked you for the team up." He adjusts the egg as he nods in the general direction of the stores.

"Now that I have money I'm going to take care of a few things here before seeing about that cave the captains were talking about. You heading out now or you have plans around here?"

Dragonsage
2013-05-23, 06:27 PM
"I should be thanking you, really." Melody smiled to Rick before thinking about her next course of action. "Well I was planning to head out, but since we seem to work well together why don't we travel together? I can tell you more about where i'm going if you're interested.

I can find something to do around town while you're doing stuff. Don't think I should be going yet anyway. I still feel a little weird from before that captain match."

Talon15
2013-05-23, 06:48 PM
"That sounds great. I could use the company." Rick returns the smile. "I'll go take care of some things then and meet up with you later." He gives a wave before running into town.

Healing the roll. Cause I completely forgot she was barely standing.

Brick Break (x2), 4800
Waterfall, 3700
Aerial ace 2800
Dunno what the price would be to tutor firepunch

Razor claw 3000
14300 +tutor cost

And I'll stock up on potions, full heals and some enriching water.

Dragonsage
2013-05-23, 07:23 PM
"Sounds like a plan!" Melody waved before going into town, first stopping by to stock up on more quarts gems. Once she makes her purchases, she'll just roam around town looking for a quite spot to relax and pass time. Preferably a spot private enough for her to have a nice chat with her pokemon.

Bought 4 great balls- 2000

Eshkigal
2013-05-23, 07:44 PM
You find your supplies, and your tutor, Rick. Fire punch is 2500. Before that, though, you heal your pokemon at the fort for free. You run into town to handle other things, though...
Melody finds a nice, comfortable alcove in the city. Turns out the entire place is fortified fairly well, so while there aren't many parks, there are plenty of cool, protective enclosures for shelter from arrows.
You send out your pokemon, and the tendrils shoot out again-wait, no, what-

Your pokemon look up at you, expectantly. Wow, you must've zoned out for a second there.

Dragonsage
2013-05-24, 03:06 AM
Melody shakes her head and rubs here eyes before sitting down. "What is with me today? I keep spacing out..."

Shyvana rubbed her head against the young mystic in attempt to cheer her up. Melody pets her, showing her that's she's fine before looking over to her other pokemon. She takes in a deep breath before focusing her mind, suddenly allowing her to understand the speech her pokemon.

"Are you sure she's okay?" Blitz questioned Shyvana.

"I am fine, Blitz. Just feeling a little weird." Melody answered the question before petting the spiky haired rodent. When she spoke, her original four pokemon stared at her in surprise, while the newer mons were probably just confused ether because they already new she could communicate with pokemon and were trying to figure out why it would be surprising or were just trying to figure out how the human girl could understand them.

"Melody? You can understand us?" Shyvana gave melody a puzzled look. "But I didn't feel that thing you usually do before we talk."

"The link? No, I didn't use it this time. I think I figured out how my father used to talk to his pokemon sometimes. I can see why he did it as well, much less taxing." Melody answered while the pichu climbed up on her shoulder and sat there.

"Yay! That means you'll be able to talk to us easier." Blitz gave a bit of cheer, waving his cute arms.

"That's right, Blitz." Melody smiled, amused by the rodent's cheering. "But anyway, I think it's time that everyone get's acquainted with each other." She gestured to the Torkoal, Hippopotas, Tangela, and Gible.

"Hello!" Blitz and Venus greeted the newcomers, by waving and curtsying respectively. Naga remained silent but still gave a nod to the newbies before coiling up and relaxing.

Shyvana also gave a nod to each of newcomers, but also gave a Onaga a bit of a sniff. "Welcome."

"Well, I've already gotten to know some of you already but I'd like to get to know the rest of you better before I fill everyone else in on other news." She looked to Briar the tangela and Gara the Hippopotas. "How are you two feeling anyway? Sorry for having to fight you guys earlier."

drained 5 hp for zoopathy
figured the only the hippo and tangela are the only ones we need to come up personalities for, seeing how we kinda worked the others out.

Talon15
2013-05-24, 09:32 AM
Rick pays for the items and tutoring, thanking the owners/trainer for their time. He applies the scrolls where he has appropriate supervision. He considers heading back now but recalls a particular fight outside the wall earlier...

"Better be prepared this time. Wouldn't want to get caught off guard by some bugs again." He chuckles before heading towards a store to purchase some healing supplies.

Picking up a three more potions and five full heals.

600 pots
2500 full heals

Resupplied and his team ready Rick starts looking for his new traveling partner.

Eshkigal
2013-05-24, 02:32 PM
Is...is the scary stuff over then?
The tangela is hiding behind the hippopotas, and looks up.
Don't like to fight, and you guys are scary...
Meanwhile, Gara yawns loudly.
What's up, cupcake? I was in the middle of a nap when you bugged me...

(Talon, d100 for luck finding a shapeshifter in a city)

Talon15
2013-05-24, 02:41 PM
Rick's wanderings:

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-05-24, 07:02 PM
Melody gives a nervious laugh as she gives the two an apologetic look.

You're pretty good for someone who doesn't like to fight. Shyvana puffed out some smoke through her nose before resting her head on Melody's lap. No doubt referencing the fight between herself and the tangela, where Melody was knocked out for the better part of it.

Hush, Shyvana. Melody placed her hand on the fire lizard's head. Briar was only defending himself. In any case I'm truely sorry about attacking you both. I was warned about it could have dangerous the caves, though i suppose that's not really an excuse to attack you guys. If you'll let me, i'll find a way to make it up to the both of you. And don't be afraid of Shy, Briar. That is just the way she gets at times. She's actually pretty cute once you get to know her. Shyvana began to have a toothy grin but then Melody continued. I don't always tell her though because it goes to her head. That got the fire lizard to puff out more smoke while the other starter had a nice laugh, even from the silent Naga.

Eshkigal
2013-05-26, 10:36 PM
Rick wanders around the city, and eventually finds Melody in a small alcove talking to her pokemon.

Melody, Briar shivers behind Gara again as Shy smiles.
"Don't think she'll ever look cute to me..."
Meanwhile, Gara goes to sleep, causing the tangela to try and shrink down.

Dragonsage
2013-05-27, 12:42 AM
Shyvana looks little annoyed at the tangela's comment, but Melody just laughs before she resumes petting Shyvana's head, relaxing her. "Hehe. Fair enough, but i'm still hoping you two will get along."

"But anyway..." She Looked down to Shyvana and her other starters. "I believe I may have found someone to travel with us."

"You mean that guy from earlier?" Shavana was getting into the petting.

"Yeah, he seems like a nice...Oh speak of the devil." The mystic looked over to the man who found her.

Talon15
2013-05-27, 12:55 PM
Walking up Rick gives a friendly smile and a wave. "Hey Melody. Got what I needed from the shops so I'm set to go."

He gives a nod in greeting to all her mons in turn. "Hope I'm not interrupting."

Dragonsage
2013-05-27, 02:27 PM
"No, you're not interrupting." Melody begins to stand, disturbing Shyvana's rest. "I was just getting everyone caught up with events." After a quick introduction to her team, she starts returning them to their gems, this time leaving Naga out to ride up on Melody's shoulders.

"Ready when you are." She nodded ready to follow after Rick.

Talon15
2013-05-27, 05:46 PM
"Alright. Was gonna check out that cave the two captains mentioned. Might find something interesting right?" He chuckles before turning to head out.

As he turns he releases wake from her gem. The buizel happily trots along side Rick as he heads towards the cave. "By the way where were you planning on going after here? Are you traveling around challenging captains?"

Dragonsage
2013-05-27, 06:52 PM
"I don't really have an exact destination, mostly just leads." Melody explained. "Though I suppose i'll be heading west to that magical city when we leave here. I'm looking for my father. He's the only family I have left and the only link I have to my father's heritage. I'm hopping by finding one it will lead me to the other.

As for why I'm challenging the captains? Well it couldn't hurt to train my pokemon and better myself as a trainer right?

What about you? Heading anywhere in particular?"

Eshkigal
2013-05-27, 08:24 PM
You both begin heading back to the barracks as you chat.
(Would you like any interruptions, or would you like to talk happily until you're ready?)

Talon15
2013-05-28, 10:54 AM
(I'm down for whichever.)

"Me? Nope. I'm just seeing where the road takes me right now." Rick thinks for a moment before continuing.

"I've thought about trying to become a captain, I know my mom would like to hear that. But until I make up my mind why not try and beat them and get stronger? Wherever I end up I'm sure they could use a strong trainer."

Dragonsage
2013-05-28, 01:35 PM
(ether way is fine with me, though i'm sure we're just about ready)

"Becoming a captain? I think it's a nice goal to aim towards." Melody began wondering more about her father's people and how they govern themselves.

Talon15
2013-05-29, 12:57 PM
"Thanks." He seems to be considering something for a few paces before finally asking.

"So why is your father missing if you don't mind me asking."

Dragonsage
2013-05-29, 04:16 PM
Melody's slowed a little before coming to a stop. A touch of sadness appeared on her face.

Naga looked to Melody before looking over to Rick. "Melody... you don't have to.."

"It's okay, Naga." The mystic interrupted the snake. "I really don't mind telling him." She caressed the serpent, placating it slightly, though it still had it's eyes on Rick. "I was too young to understand everything exactly but my parents had a big fight about something to do with his powers and he had to leave. He didn't say where he was going and i haven't heard from him since." She then forces herself to keep moving forward with Rick. "All I clearly remember is that he told me to be careful with my abilities, before he left."

Talon15
2013-05-29, 06:01 PM
"Oh. I.. uh.. sorry.. didn't realize... I mean. It's just..."

Wake, seeing her master firmly placing a foot in his mouth smacks Rick in the leg to get him to stop. She then climbs onto him to cover his mouth, giving him the hint.

"Right. Sorry." He gives an awkward cough and continues walking. Wake sighing as she stays on his shoulder.

Eshkigal
2013-05-29, 06:12 PM
The walk continues in silence for a bit, until the barracks comes into sight. You're both brought to Tiberius.
"I wasn't expecting a rematch so soon."

Talon15
2013-05-29, 08:03 PM
Rick chuckles a bit, their first match so easy to recall. "Not right now. I was hoping to check out that cave you mentioned before?"

Eshkigal
2013-05-29, 08:58 PM
"Ah, yes, the Tunnel. Come along, then."
He leads both of you to the Tunnel's hallway, opening it once again. The lanterns in it make it surprisingly bright, but still a long hole into the mountains around the city.

Talon15
2013-05-30, 03:30 PM
Scratching his head and looking at wake who just gives a shrug. Rick takes a step towards the entrance. "So how far down does this hole go?"

Dragonsage
2013-05-30, 03:53 PM
"Good question, I don't think I got very far last time i was here."

Eshkigal
2013-05-30, 04:00 PM
Tiberius taps the side, smiling.
"Who says there's an end? Like the Wall's fortifications, the pokemon in the mountain constantly burrow through this tunnel, making a maze of new tunnels that is constantly shifting. Any version you see one day may change the next. The lanterns are just the entry path."
(To explain: This tunnel is basically Victory Road in modern day pokeverse. It is basically just where digging wilds occasionally hit human controlled areas.)

Talon15
2013-05-30, 04:23 PM
"So we can run into new things down there and possibly some new mons?" Rick says excitedly. He turns to Melody apparently forgetting the previous conversation.

"Oh man this could be amazing." Rick quickly starts to head down the tunnel Wake having to cling to his bag to avoid falling from the his sudden shift.

Wild roll for whenever we'll need it:

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-05-30, 06:23 PM
"Well at least he's adventurous..." Melody laughed before she started after the Rick.

"That might not be always a good thing..." Naga hissed lightly as he shifted around on the mystic's shoulders.

[roll0] wild roll if applicable

Eshkigal
2013-06-01, 03:24 PM
Almost immediately, two small rocks drop down, and after some wobbling get on two tiny feet each.

Talon15
2013-06-01, 05:00 PM
Rick sets Wake down before wanding the unknown mon. "Seen these guys before Melody?"

He takes a step back as wake prepares for a fight.

Dragonsage
2013-06-02, 04:40 PM
"No. First time I've seen these things." Melody watched the two things wobble around before pointing her wand at them.

Eshkigal
2013-06-02, 04:50 PM
They're roggenrola! And they apparently don't notice you. Possibly because they don't seem to have any sort of sensory organs you can see. They begin walking around a bit.

Talon15
2013-06-02, 05:10 PM
Rick and Wake exchange glances and shrug. "Huh. Can they even see us?"

With Wake watching closely Rick moves closer to examine the wandering rocks.

Dragonsage
2013-06-02, 05:33 PM
"Well they certainly don't seem like threat to us." Melody also takes a closer look.

Eshkigal
2013-06-02, 06:00 PM
You get brave enough to get within touching distance of them after they make no sign of noticing you.
Then one trips and lands on your foot.
[roll0]-tackle, 3+dex
[roll1]

Talon15
2013-06-02, 06:09 PM
Rick falls down with a cry of pain as he holds his foot.

"Ah, the hell!?" He shouts.

Wake rushes over to stand by her master, loosing a water gun at the roggenrola who fell on him.

[roll0] vs. 2+sdef
[roll1]

edit: forgot to color text

Dragonsage
2013-06-02, 06:35 PM
"Are you okay?" Melody asked Rick. "That Really looked like it hurt." She looked down at his foot while Naga gave a cold dead stare towards the other walking rock.

Naga's Glare
[roll0] vs 3+ spd
Glare Paralyzes the target. Glare’s user may not successfully use Glare more then three times per encounter.

Eshkigal
2013-06-02, 06:37 PM
One gets blasted and barely stands afterwards. The other...well, it's hard to tell. Can you paralyze a ro-oh wait it just fell down. Guess so.

Talon15
2013-06-02, 06:53 PM
Rick winces as he rubs his foot. "I think so?"

Not trying to get up yet he flings a quarts ball to capture the roggenrola that Wake already blasted.

Capture roll:
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-06-02, 06:56 PM
One goes directly into the ball.
(Roggenrola, Male, 10)

Dragonsage
2013-06-02, 07:17 PM
After the one goes into Rick's gem, Melody helps him up. "Well that was interesting." She said as she looked down to the paralyzed rock. "Guess we should leave it now. It's not a threat at the moment."

Eshkigal
2013-06-02, 07:28 PM
The two of you delve deeper than you had before, so deep new tunnels linked to chasms that likely never saw the light of day. Tunnels of churned rock, so big that you bet a whole onix could pass through-
oh muk that's a full grown onix in that one. And it's spotted you just as you spotted it.
(You guys are faster)

Talon15
2013-06-02, 08:08 PM
"Huh. This one looks different then the captain's." Rick comments as he and Wake size up the new opposition.

"Wake blast him like that rock!"

Wake is quick to obey unleashing another watergun.

[roll0] vs. 2+2def
[roll1]

Dragonsage
2013-06-02, 11:40 PM
Melody stares at wild rock serpents, shaking slightly as the huge creature spots her. "N-naga, stare it down!"

Naga slithered down off of the mystic and gave the onix one of it's more intimidating stares whist rattling it's tail, doing his best to strike fear into the creature much lager then itself.

Glare
[roll0]
Glare Paralyzes the target. Glare’s user may not successfully use Glare more then three times per encounter.

also is this another encounter?

Eshkigal
2013-06-03, 05:46 PM
(This is another encounter, yes.)
The onix begins breathing heavily, injured fairly badly from the water. It screeches, and rumbling can be heard from the walls.
Oh god don't let there be more.

Talon15
2013-06-03, 07:21 PM
Covering his ears from the screech Rick goes for the tried and true method of ending a fight. He hurls another quartz ball at the large rock snake.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-06-04, 02:28 PM
(assuming Rick's cap didn't work)

Here, let me help! Melody tossed her gem at the rock snake, wanting to finish the one that's currently in front of them before more show up.

if caped will give to rick
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-06-06, 11:37 AM
The onix disappears with the second ball, Wake scooping it up and dashing back over. But the sound of more rumbling from the walls makes it all too clear that several others are en route.
(One round of prep or running, what do you guys do?)

Talon15
2013-06-06, 06:05 PM
"This is bad right? There must be a bunch of them coming!" Rick looks around at the rumbling walls. Wake sticking close to him she looks this way and that trying to gauge where the first one will arrive.

He was sure they were good tunnelers, the one the captain had easily chased after Roll after all, running didn't seem viable in his mind not from this many.

He made his intention clear to his teammate as he called to Wake. "Get ready girl." The buizel giving a nod he glances over at Melody. "Think your tangela could use another workout?"

Dragonsage
2013-06-06, 08:33 PM
Remembering how Briar did really like the fighting, Melody was a little hesitant on sending out the grass type, but since they were about to take on a number of onix it was the best choice. She recalled Naga and sent out Briar in his place. "I'm really sorry about this but we're in a bind and I need your help."

Eshkigal
2013-06-10, 04:47 PM
Briar trembles at the sounds heading your way, and you both prepare as three more burst from the rocks in front of you, showering you with stones.
(New combat, so trainers first!)

Talon15
2013-06-10, 04:59 PM
Covering himself as the stone fall. Rick puts Wake on the attack. "Don't worry about their size, strike that one with water gun!" He points to the onix closest to the group.

water gun:
[roll0] vs. 2+sdef
[roll1]

if crit
[roll2]

activating speed boost on wake
Hp 52, Def 4, Sdef 3, Spd 13(16)

Dragonsage
2013-06-11, 03:41 AM
Melody shields herself as the rocks fall around her, in a very similar manner as Rick. "Briar, follow up wake's the attack!" The light headed feeling overwhelmed the young mystic before she issued the command. Somehow she felt very different, maybe a little taller? She pointed to the same onix that wake had attacked with her now muscular arm, though it hadn't yet occurred to her that it wasn't her arm she was pointing with or her own voice.

now seems as good as time as any...using rick's melody stored earlier to gain the benefit of Improved Attacks +

Vine whip
[roll0] vs 2
[roll1]
[roll2] if crit

Eshkigal
2013-06-13, 07:22 PM
One dodges the water, but another is smacked by the vines. It hisses, barely up, and the three onix launch rocks at Rick, Briar, and Wake (enough room for you guys to scatter, so I'm assuming you did) before disappearing back into the tunnel walls, rumbling around you all.
[roll0]-Rock tomb (Briar), 5+def or dex, Rock Tomb creates a 3-meter Blast. Rock Tomb lowers all Legal Targets Speed 1 Combat Stage. *Grants: Materializer
[roll1]
[roll2]-Rock tomb (Rick)
[roll3]
[roll4]-Rock tomb (Wake)

(Onix are currently withdrawing to tunnels, seem to be planning to harry you with your dangerous types.)

Eshkigal
2013-06-13, 07:25 PM
Forgot one set of damage
[roll0]

Talon15
2013-06-13, 07:40 PM
Rick dives for cover as the rocks fall, managing to avoid the hit. Disoriented from the attack he looks where Melody was and... that's not right... is that... me? No.. you're just crazy Rick. A cry of pain from wake snaps him out of this delusion and he quickly turns back to the fight.

"Wake are you alright!?"

More mad than hurt wake answers by firing another water gun aimed at the onix that struck her.

hp: 33, def: 4, sdef, 3, spd13(16)* rock tomb cancelled out last turns speed boost

[roll0]
[roll1]

if crit:
[roll2]

Dragonsage
2013-06-14, 02:58 AM
Melody is still unaware of her physical change as the rock snake's attacks were her focus. Seeing how Wake was hit hard by the rocks and Briar was well off. "Keep it up Briar! Let's try to finish this before the injuries get too severer."

Briar's hp: 48/53
vine wipe the same target
[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-06-15, 06:53 PM
The onix, using their cover, avoid the attacks before bursting through, aiming at Wake, Briar, and Rick again.
[roll0]-Rock Throw, 4+def or speed; all three are shooting
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
(Crit damage is in OoC)

Dragonsage
2013-06-16, 12:57 AM
Briar continues to lash out with his vines, trying to attack the onix.

[roll0]
[roll1]
if crit [roll2]

Talon15
2013-06-16, 05:22 PM
Grimacing from the pain of being hit Rick returns the now unconscious Wake.

"Ok, Glaive your."

Rick releases the Axew close enough to be in striking range. It pops out of the gem looking eager for a fight.

"Let's try the new move you learned. Brick break!"

He points to the Onix that attacked Wake.

[roll0] vs. 2+def
[roll1]

if crit:
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-06-16, 06:31 PM
The remaining two shudder as the blows connect, barely conscious as well (also sturdy). They seem to consider their odds, and all three burrow back and away. Seems they know when they're outmatched, but they are fairly mad looking. Might be an issue if they come back.
(1400 for all four, doesn't include ace bonus)

Talon15
2013-06-17, 09:16 AM
Taking a deep breath Rick looks on as the Onix leave. "Damnit, don't run off after picking a fight!" Seeing Glaive just as agitated he kneels down to give the Axew an affectionate pat.

"We hate it when they run away huh?" He says with a chuckle. Glaive nodding in agreement.

"Melody are yo.. Whauh?" Stares wide eyed at... himself? Glaive just as confused tilts his head at his... second master?

Dragonsage
2013-06-17, 05:48 PM
Melody nods in agreement to Rick's comment about them running away, although she's not entirely sure why she felt that way.

"What? Is there something on my face?" She began to touch her face before her body returns to her girlish figure. "Why is everyone staring at me?"

Talon15
2013-06-18, 11:37 AM
"Uh you... Me.. we... " Stammers for a bit before collecting himself. "Melody. You looked like me for a second there!"

Rick looks freaked out by the situation. Glaive's head still tilted as he watches.

Dragonsage
2013-06-19, 06:39 PM
Rick's words began echo in Melody's ears as she begins to feel a fainting spell come on. Her vision dims as she has a sense of falling into nothingness, although physically her body showed no signs of anything wrong. In fact, She seemed to be...grinning? "Oh Rick..." The young mystic couldn't recognize her own words before everything went black for her. Her lips pulled back to reveal a set of fangs had grown in. "What you saw was merely an effect of me looking into your very...essence." There was a bit of a dark seductive way in how she spoke now as she approached Rick. "And I must say... The other me chose an interesting one." Her finger began to trace the outline of Rick's face before stopping at his chin with what was now a long pointed claw extended from her index finger.

At this point Rick would start to feel a strange substance starting to collect where the claw was still poking him. "My powers, bestowed upon me by the great Darkrai, can also be yours." Melody's body begins to morph again, but this time it doesn't seem human at all. For starters, she now has a pair of wings growing from her back as well as a her skin forming a hard Chitin coating. Her hand moves down your torso, leaving a trail of the unknown black substance that seems to be spreading across your body. "This will be painless." She circles around your body before embracing you from behind. "Unless of course, You want it to hurt?" She stuck her face...err lack of face over your shoulder, seeing how the area where her face should be is now a shifting inky void. There was now distortion in her voice as she spoke. "What say you? Accept my gift? Become an immortal and fight by my side when the dark lord has need of me?" The substance was now rapidly spreading through out Rick's body encasing him, save only his head...for now. "You don't need to fight it...Just let go..."

I decided to have a little fun with this...so I hope i didn't over step some bounds.

Talon15
2013-06-19, 07:07 PM
Rick took a step back as ...Melody? Spoke. He wasn't so sure when he saw the fangs. "Melody what's.."

His voice stammered off as she approached him. Something was off about this but he couldn't get himself to move. Power? She said that she could give him power. That's what he wanted right? He wanted to be stronger, to be a stronger trainer. Maybe this was a good idea... then why was there doubt? He offered no resistance as the void started to consume him as he tried to figure this out.

Glaive jumped up and down nearby, waving his stubby arms frantically for Rick to snap out of it.

"I... I dunno. This seems... wrong? Melody never said she could do this... am I even talking to her?" Rick was offering a paltry resistance now. That small node of doubt was keeping him from accepting this deal so quickly.

Dragonsage
2013-06-19, 07:34 PM
"Well, In a sense you are." She stepped around front of Rick again but never took her hands off him, which now rested on his shoulder and waist, which wasn't needed seeing how the creep was doing fine spreading on it's own. "Melody and I are...how you say...two sides of the same coin..yeah that works...We are, at the core, the same being but truth be told she isn't completely aware of all her powers. Like her being able to look and act like who ever she wants. That's all her. She just doesn't know how to control it yet."

You sense that if you could see her face, she'd be smiling again with her fangs. "And that's where I come in. I am the part of her that knows how to control her more powerful abilities. You see, I am her and I will protect her and look out for her best interest. Right now she's fond of you, as a romantic interest or just as a friend I can't say for certain right now but I can say she wants to travel with you. I just want you to be better equipped for our future travels and tasks."

Talon15
2013-06-20, 02:47 PM
Glaive scrambles up onto a small rock nearby. Concern clearly showing on his toothed face as he watched his master decide.

While he appeared to be out of it on the surface, internally Rick was at a crossroads. There didn't seem to be a downside to this deal. At least one he could see and that may be the problem. But Melody had this gift right? And she seemed to be doing alright, until the other side took over. Would he look like that too? Would he gain some amazing ability like Melody's? Was allowing this power a good idea? He really wasn't sure. He glanced over at Glaive and gave him a reassuring smile before turning to look at where he judged Melody's face was now. He audibly swallowed before speaking.

"And.. and this power? It would help us in our travels? I could be strong enough to protect anyone?"

Dragonsage
2013-06-20, 05:44 PM
"Hehe...Rick what you decide to do with your powers is up to you." Her giggle was distinctively Melody's. She then begins to move her hand from your shoulder, doing a finger walk up to your face and gently poking your nose while her hand at you hip draws you closer to her. "You need only, protect the other me when I am unable to and serve when you are called upon."

Talon15
2013-06-20, 07:35 PM
"I can use it however I want? That doesn't sound to bad..."

Rick was starting to lose his consciousness, his legs unable to support him any more he slumped into Melody's arms.

"Travel with Melody... just... have to let go..." He mumbled before his eyes finally closed. Images flashed in his mind as his resistance faded and he succumbed; playing in the grass with his parents, days in school, the first day he received Glaive and Wake, that time he almost drowned at the lake... why did that memory seem so appropriate right now? It stopped mattering as everything slipped away into a void.

Dragonsage
2013-06-20, 08:21 PM
"Hehehe...that right, just sleep now and let me do all the work." The whole of Rick's body is held up by Melody cupping the bottom of Rick's chin. As he losses consciousness the creep continues up his neck and envelopes his head. She then completely warps her wings around the completely covered Rick and starts to take him into her very being. While this is going on, Glaive finds sudden vines wrapping around his body.

It seems that Briar had now completely changed black, matching Melody's Chitin armor. As the small dragon struggles, it finds that the vines melts into the same creep Melody had been rubbing against Rick's body during the conversation. Briar proceeds to pulls the dragon into itself while at the same time merging into Melody's body.

Things become extremely fuzzy for both Rick and Glaive as they're pulled into the demon girl's body. "You've chosen wisely-

*And flash!*

"What do you mean I looked like you?" Melody raised a brow as she approached you and placed a hand on your head, inspecting it. "You sure those onix didn't hit you on the head really hard? They were throwing a lot of rocks around..." Wait didn't it seem that you were just having a conversation about something else just now? Eh, it was probably nothing.

"Well, ether way we'd better leave now in case those rock snakes come back..."

Talon15
2013-06-20, 08:37 PM
Rick blinks slowly for a moment trying to bring himself back up to speed. Tunnel? Right we're in a tunnel training our mons. Rocks? Yeah there were rocks being thrown around. That's right there were onix throwing rocks! Hey we caught one! We? Yeah I'm here with Melody. Melody... right I was talking to her about something... but I don't recall.

"Huh. Yeah must have been seeing things. That fight did get a little hectic with all the rocks."

He gives an embarrassed chuckle before he glances around.

"Which way then? Think I got turned around after that fight."

Glancing around he sees Glaive and calls him over. The little dragon trots back to his master's side. Giving an affectionate purr when Rick pets him.

Dragonsage
2013-06-21, 03:09 AM
Melody peers down the way, where the onix were just at. "Well certainly not that way. Lets turn around and keep going. Maybe we'll fine more interesting pokemon and if we get lost I'm sure Onaga can show us the way out, seeing how he's lived in these tunnels for a while."

[roll0] not sure if a encounter roll will be needed but here you go

Eshkigal
2013-06-26, 08:14 PM
You wander around the halls before finding a few dozen rocks with arms that seem to be holding some strange sporting event.

Talon15
2013-06-26, 08:58 PM
Curious as to what they are up too Rick takes out his wand to identify them. He stays as far back as possible to hopefully not disturb them.

Dex check if you want me to stealth it
[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-06-27, 05:54 PM
Melody also scans them with her wand, keeping her distance while observing the festivities.

i'll do a dex check if requested

Eshkigal
2013-06-27, 06:01 PM
They're geodude! They drag out some strange weave grabbed from bugs at some point, slamming a rock over the the weave and trying to hit the ground with it. It barely gets past one, and the small crowd cheers as a point is apparently scored.
Odd.
Due to the sounds, no one notices Rick's approach, or Melody's appearance.

Talon15
2013-06-27, 06:20 PM
Rick chuckles as he watches the Geodudes play. "looks like they're having fun. What do you think? Go around? Go back and find another path? Or stay and watch the game?"

Dragonsage
2013-06-27, 06:36 PM
"I'd say lets leave em to it. No need to disturb them." Melody looks around for another path out.

Eshkigal
2013-07-02, 11:05 PM
There are two leading down to the left and right, and the way back. Which would you like?

Dragonsage
2013-07-03, 05:23 PM
Melody decides to head out head out the way they came, thinking they were just about done here. "Anything else you wanna take care of while we're still in town?" She asked Rick. "I suppose we could challenge the gym again but we may want to give our pokemon a bit of a rest before that."

Talon15
2013-07-03, 06:58 PM
Rick scratches the back of his head, he still had this weird feeling that he was missing something... but whatever. He shrugs at Melody's question as he follows.

"Nothing comes to mind. I wouldn't mind another crack at the captains but we really should get some rest first. Poor Wake was knocked out again."

Eshkigal
2013-07-08, 07:51 PM
You both head back up the tunnel, but you can hear things shifting in the caverns...
(d100 from both of you)

Talon15
2013-07-08, 08:14 PM
"I dunno. I mean... you think we're ready for another match?"

Talking to Melody Rick seems oblivious to any dangers.

[roll0]

Dragonsage
2013-07-09, 12:02 AM
"Maybe, I mean we did pretty good the first time. Though if you don't want to we can always come back later I suppose."

[roll0] perception to see what ever?

[roll1] requested check