PDA

View Full Version : build help

pyromanser244
2013-04-03, 10:04 PM
a while back I was tasked with building an NPC with 5 heroic levels. concept ideas were bounced around until I settled on a kung-fu type rogue dual wielding kamas. not optimal, I know, but I'd like to try making it work never the less. I've run a few tests and the biggest problem so far is the big hit he takes to his BAB. at least that's what I've noticed so far.

so the build so far

str: 10
dex: 18
con: 12
int: 14
wis: 16
cha: 12

rogue1/monk2/sword sage2
LE human

feats
weapon finesse
two weapon fighting
master of potions
stunning fist
combat reflexes
improved unarmed strike

maneuvers/stances
wolfang strike
sudden leap
distracting ember
mighty throw
burning blade
counter charge
flashing sun
island of blades
child of shadows

he needs to level soon so I need an idea of where to take his build from here. I'd also like to play the build eventually but that won't be for some time.
I'm thinking the next 2-3 levels should be rogue, since it gets me cool ACFs and sneak attack without loosing BAB. I'd also like to fit something with a fighter's BAB in somewhere to make up for the hit. but after that I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to get into PrCs but I'm not sure if there are any good ways to advance the sneak attack that way, or if I want a different focus.

you guys got any advice for me?

Juntao112
2013-04-04, 03:03 AM
How does your DM feel about the Unarmed Swordsage?

pyromanser244
2013-04-04, 07:51 AM
it's legal as far as I know.

Juntao112
2013-04-04, 10:43 AM
Well, I think that solves some of your problems.

Keld Denar
2013-04-04, 11:04 AM
Alternatively, you could have some fun with Monk2/PsiRogue18, using Tashalatora and possibly Kung-Fu Genius to be more int focused. Duel wield Scorpion Kamas from the MIC to get your UAS damage on top of your SA damage and use your manifesting for utility and defensive buffing like Concealing Amorphia.

Not amazing, and comes with a horrible feat tax, but interesting.

pyromanser244
2013-04-04, 11:39 AM
where do I find the PsiRogue?

Waker
2013-04-04, 01:26 PM
where do I find the PsiRogue?

Here you go (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b)

pyromanser244
2013-04-04, 09:04 PM
thanks for that.

Keld Denar
2013-04-05, 12:00 AM
Again, ridiculously feat intensive since you'll probably need Monastic Training + Tashalatora to stack the levels, Kung-Fu Genius to key off Int instead of Wis (better for PsiRogue stuff), Weapon Finesse so you don't wiffle, especially if you are going to be using Compression, and then TWF, ITWF, and possibly GTWF. Otherwise, you can flurry with a pair of Scorpion Kamas to get lots of attacks to stack Sneak Attack on. You might also want some Psionic feats like Psionic Mediation, Link Power, or Practiced Manifester. That's a lot of feats, and PsiRogue, unlike PsiWar, doesn't get bonus feats.

If you explain it to your DM, you might be able to get Kung-Fu Genius hand-waved, along maybe with Weapon Finesse.