PDA

View Full Version : The Wages of Sin INC [Only War Game]

Croverus
2013-04-03, 11:43 PM
Having been woken up at the crack of dawn - though you wouldn't know it as the sun never truly broke through the thick clouds in the sky of Ogdengard - your squad files down to the depot to pick up the gear for your upcoming mission. You'll be getting briefed by the Commissar that will be joining you after you reach the hangar bay. Upon arriving at the depot your squad waits in line, Istvan steps up to the desk with the data slate stating all the gear you requested and are supposed to get. Unfortunately looking back at him is the leering scowl of Reginald Slavksik, one of the depot hands who Istvan thought it would be a good idea to play a prank involving switching out dummy grenades for a live one. Reginald was given a cybernetic arm and lungs to replace what he lost in the incident, but he didn't look too happy to see your group.

"Szabo... I see your group is heading out on a recon mission. Unfortunately the gear that is normally given to such missions is unavailable, and due to some of our standard stocks being low we're going to have to ask your squad to donate some of your own supplies. As for your personal requests, if I had it my way your squad wouldn't see a single las clip."

"But personal requests are NOT up to you Slavksik. They are up to me." The lithe form of Senior Requisitions Officer Damalia Povski steps out from behind several crates, shooing Reginald away. "Unfortunately Szabo, we will need to have your squad hand in some of your Standard gear, but I'll let you all pick what you can do without. As for the personal requests your team made..." She looks at her dataslate and whistles to two of the servitors, who bring forth severa crates. "We were able to approve one autogun and 2 clips of ammo for Vigori Tovil. One rebreather for Artur Loban. One missle launcher with 5 krak missles for Jiram... Jiram, seems we had an error in your data file, we're missing your last name. Please get that fixed when you report back from your mission. And lastly, field sutures for Katherine Oligrand. Do to limited supplies we were unable to get the other items you requested on short notice. Please take the crates, leave one piece of your standard kit on the counter, and then report to the hangar for your briefing with the Commissar. Good luck guys. And bring my stuff back in one piece, alright?"

She winks and after you grab the crates of gear you were able to acquire and leave behind mostly grooming kits and infantry books, your squad heads down to the hangar. The new recruits, Zacharias Trevenchi and his comrade Serge Modenhag are already waiting. Zacharias is polishing the barrel of his heavy bolter while Serge is cleaning the parts of an M36 lasgun. Your Chimera sits where Vigori parked it, only you all now notice a man in a red coat standing ontop of the turret, looking down at the squad with a grin. His eyes are a creepy black color, and his well combed blonde hair has not a strand out of place. He stretches his broad shoulders and puts on his cap. A chainsword and boltpistol sit on his waist and he nods, looking the squad over. His voice is booming and you can get a sense of some excitement as he speaks. "I am Commissar Fortunus Haddon. I have been attached to your squad for the duration of this mission investigating a possible resurgence of heretics. I have three very simple rules. You run, I shoot you. You act in a way that can be construed as heresy, I shoot you. You get in my way, I won't shoot you, but instead I'll run my sword through you. As I heard already from the Departmento Munitorum, we will not be going in with scanners or demolition charges and no real way to call in the artillery when we need to. I find that as no excuse for us to not do our duty. In fact, this gives us the chance to prove to the artillery regiments that the mechanized infantry can handle a handful of heretic scum. Get your gear, load up, and let's get moving. Oh, and one more thing. First person to drop a heretic, I'll owe ya a drink after." With a theatrical flourish he drops down and barks orders to the hangar operators to open the doors while your squad loads back up into the Chimera, the Commissar getting in last.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-03, 11:53 PM
Istvan looks over the Chimera again, checking the suspension and the habitually-annoying front left road wheel, and then directs his servitor to enter the Chimera first.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-03, 11:58 PM
On the way to the briefing, Artur had been all smiles and easy jokes. Faced with authority, he quickly slips into a more official capacity, standing stock-still throughout the Commissar's speech and punctuating it with a textbook salute.

"Sir! Sounds good to me, sir!" He gave the squad a quick look out of the corner of his eye. "You heard the Commissar, ladies, move it! Vig, I want a smooth ride on the way in. Keep us fast and keep us out of sight. Oligrand, you put those sutures somewhere you can get at them easy, could save a life that way. Jiram, keep your head down if you get back up on that turret. Hadsen, you get back on that gun port!"

"Yeah, sir, will do." Hadsen throws a lazy salute and clambers into the Chimera behind the tech-priest's servitor. "Dear Emperor on Terra, please let me see..."

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 06:46 AM
Vig gives a quick salute that starts a little sloppy but finishes strong. "Sir, a-yessir!" He clambers over to the Chimera and starts doing some last minute spec checks with Istvan. "Ah man, no way I'm gonna earn that drink, less I run somethin' over... he grumbles to himself.

Vitorski sidles up to Artur while working and stealthily flicks a thumb in the direction of the Commissar. "Charming fellow, isn't he?" he murmurs.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-04, 07:18 AM
I'll be sure of that sarge."Katherine climbed into the chimera and took a seat, making a conscious attempt to sit straight and looking rather nervous now that the commissar was here.

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-04, 08:27 AM
Jiram moves up to inspect the missile launcher and ammunition. Finding it to his satisfaction, he yells to Boris. "Private, load this lot up." Boris merely nods and begins to load the ammo into his rucksack and shoulders the launcher. The pair move to the chimera, and stow their gear inside. Jiram takes his position in the heavy bolter emplacement on the chimera, checking its ammo and making sure the gun is in working order.

"Comrade Commissar, I am prepared and ready to show that artillery is a luxury for the lazy soldier."

Doc Kraken
2013-04-04, 08:34 AM
Artur gives Vitorski a surreptitious wink. "No idea what you mean, trooper. You two'll get along like a hab-block on fire. Try not to give him a reason." With that, the Sergeant strolls into the Chimera, fitting the rebreather into place over his mouth and nose so it could be activated with a quick flip of the switch. It never hurt to be prepared.

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 10:26 AM
Vig gets into the driver's seat, and flicks a number of switches. The chimera roars to life. Vig guns the engine, once, twice. "Ready to rumble, sir!" He smiles wildly.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-04, 06:11 PM
"Then take us on in, Tovil." Artur replies, his voice a tinny echo from within the rebreather, as the Commissar brought up the rear. "Eyes up, people, this is what we've been trained for!"

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 06:26 PM
VROOOOOOM, go the engines of the Chimera, as Vig floors it. "Heretics, here we come!" The squad takes off at high speed down the road.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-04, 07:09 PM
++Do not overtax the machine spirit unduly, Vig, or it will be worn when you need it most++

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 07:20 PM
"Alright, alright, cool your Void Reactors, Ist. Sarge said fast, so I'm givin' him fast." Nonetheless, Vig reaches down and shifts to a higher gear, maintaining the same speed.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-04, 07:28 PM
++It's a potentia coil, not a void reactor, and it doesn't overheat, it just...oh, never mind++

Doc Kraken
2013-04-04, 07:36 PM
"I said smooth too. Smooth definitely came first." Loban raises an eyebrow, but does not follow up. In truth, Vig's driving hadn't bothered him unduly, but it was best to keep on the cogboy's good side. He had seen too many veteran troopers with augmetic limbs to have any illusions about who kept the regiment patched up. "How's the view out those gun ports, people?" He calls back to the rest of the squad. "Anyone sight something yet?"

"That's a negative from me, sir." Hadsen mumbles back through a dog-eared lho-stick. "Guess the heretics heard I was comin' and did the smart thing."

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-04, 07:44 PM
Katherine shook her head and peered out a gun port "I guess I should start looking too."

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 07:51 PM
"All clear out the front view-ports too." Vig keeps his eyes trained on the road this time. Unfortunately, he still can't keep his mind on it, and he quickly starts small-talk. "So, what was home like for you, Kitty?"

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-04, 08:02 PM
Katherine glanced back into the chimera."Nothing too spectacular Vig, just a decent low rent apartment. Better than the barracks for sure but that's not exactly too big a feat. How about your place Vig?"

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 08:11 PM
"I had this nice little shack on the edge of the slums. Nice little town too, on the outskirts of one of the cities. Countryside was in easy reach when I needed to disappear for a weekend, which was more often than you'd think. Actually made a living as a cleric keeping records for a nearby bibliothek. Helped fund my other stuff. And food. That's important."

Nightgaun7
2013-04-04, 08:16 PM
Istvan performs a few minor maintenance routines on his blank-faced servitor.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-04, 08:26 PM
Despite his best intentions, Hadsen quickly becomes bored with staring out of the gunport, especially this far away from the target site. He finds an interesting distraction in Istvan's maintenance rituals.

"Pretty creepy, man..." he mutters as he watches the tech-priest tinker with his servitor. "You gotta wonder how he ended up that way, you know? Who did that guy steal from to get that kinda sentence?" He peers closer at the servitor's unblinking eyes. "Hey, cogboy, you know what this guy did?"

"Knock it off, Hadsen." Loban growls through the respirator. "Whatever it was, you don't need to concern yourself with it."

"I'm just asking, sir..." the private whines. Loban rolls his eyes.

"Might be he got on his Sergeant's last nerve, you ever think of that?" With a grunt, the Sergeant pushes himself up and pokes his head next to the gunner's seat. "Everything check out in here, Bolshelon?"

Nightgaun7
2013-04-04, 08:34 PM
++All I know about it is its assignment number and maintenance routine. Probably did something stupid like leading a protest against the Arbites after the latest series of raids. Seems pretty new.++

Croverus
2013-04-04, 08:37 PM
Everyone that has a veiwport
Make an Awareness check, with a -20 if you do not have the Awareness Skill.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-04, 08:48 PM
[roll0] (Need 17)

BronyHeresy
2013-04-04, 08:50 PM
[roll0]

EDIT: ****. I needed a 5.
10characters

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-04, 09:40 PM
[roll0]

I need a five, so no chance here

Doc Kraken
2013-04-04, 11:38 PM
(Dunno if I qualify for being at a viewport - Loban's head is next to Jiram, but he's not sitting down at the seat...I'll take the roll and let you make the call :smallsmile:)

[roll0] vs. 11

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-04, 11:48 PM
(I'd say you definitely don't see anything :-p)

Croverus
2013-04-05, 12:53 AM
After driving in the chimera for a little over 4 hours, your Chimera rounds a mountain line and the ruins of the outpost is visible. The building has a 20ft wall surrounding it, the primary structure is roughly 3 stories high with two towers that go up to almost 60ft. A third tower is collapsed on the far end, its upper half having partially damaged the wall there. No signs of any life on the wall but may-

BOOOM!

The Chimera shakes violently from the explosion of a missile striking it in the treads on its left side. The missile does not seem to do enough damage to actually injure the Chimera but it does a number on the paint job and flames lick the view port on the left side, as well as washing over the turret. The group can here the sound of weapon fire as bullets rain down from the left and right side of the vehicle.

Anyone who was looking out a view port on the left side (randomly pick in the OOC) please make an Easy[+30] Agility test. Failure you will be blinded for 1 round from the sudden flash of the explosion. If someone is in the turret, they instead are subject to 15 explosive damage as the missile explodes and the blast would envelop them. They cannot dodge to avoid the damage because the whole squad is being caught by surprise. I need everyone to roll Initiative. The driver needs to decide if he's going to stop or keep driving, or do some other action. Everyone else better choose if they're going to exit the Chimera or try shooting from the view ports.
Edit: The turret is an enclosed space. Anyone in it is fine. If someone is manning the Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, they will take 15 X damage as they are exposed to the outside of the vehicle.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-05, 01:16 AM
Istvan calmly examines the interior of the Chimera for spalling or other damage and then checks the turret as best he can from inside while waiting for the others to move out.

Initiative:
[roll0]

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-05, 07:14 AM
Initiative: [roll0]. (Haven't got the book on hand, tell me if I'm wrong)
Agility: [roll1]. (Need 61)

Katherine jumps away from the gunport, shielding her eyes from the explosion. "Is everyone ok?"

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-05, 07:46 AM
"Driver! Bring the carrier around so I have a field of fire." Jiram scans for targets in his field of fire, and prepares to fire at any targets that present an opportunity.

So, depending on whether the heavy bolter is a turret or hull mounted, I either take a rocket to the face and can fire back, or I don't have a field of fire.
[roll0]

Doc Kraken
2013-04-05, 09:02 AM
"Where the hell did that come from?" Loban yelled, bracing himself against the wall of the Chimera. He flicks the activator switch on the hilt of his chainsword, adding the weapon's growling roar to the growing din of combat as he scrambles over to the access hatch.

"Someone get up in that turret and give us support; anyone not firing from here best fall in, we're going to cause some damage."

Using Szabo's Combat Formation talent to add one to my roll and replace my agility bonus with his intelligence bonus: [roll0]

Nightgaun7
2013-04-05, 10:36 AM
Istvan pops up into the turret to aim the main gun, then fires a burst at some shadowy movement.

Half action to Aim; +10 BS
Half action for a semi-automatic burst
Operate: Surface [roll0] to beat a 45 (35+10)

I don't know what range we're at to add that mod to this

Assuming we have an autocannon, and that I actually hit anything:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Croverus
2013-04-05, 11:04 AM
Istvan turns the turret towards one of the grouping of rocks and can spot a handful of heretics among the rocks. He lets loose a burst of autocannon fire, catching one heretic in the leg. The heretic's leg knocks out from under him, the flesh ripping away from the bone and blood sprays out in all directions. the heretic screams in pain as he lies on the rocks trying to stop the blood flow with no real effect, dieing in seconds.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-05, 11:36 AM
Loban takes a deep breath, trying to calm his thoughts. He had no idea which direction the missile had come from; while it was obviously the greatest threat to the Chimera, enough small arms fire or grenades could spell trouble for the relatively weak rear armor. Therefore...

"Tovil!" He growls, slamming a palm on the door release. "Get some fire on those bastards on the left! Move, people! Take 'em to pieces!" Without waiting to see who was following him, the Sergeant takes off at a dead sprint, Hadsen whooping at his heels.

Free Action: Get Them! (Sweeping Order): [roll0] vs 49 (39+10)

Full Action: Run towards nearest cover on right (can move up to 12 meters; Hadsen spends a half action to keep up)

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-05, 03:29 PM
Katherine returns to the gun port she had previously occupied and carefully aimed her lasgun, searching for a target.
Full action: Aim (+20 to BS next turn)

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-05, 03:48 PM
Not wanting to miss out on the fun, Jiram pulls himself away from the gunner position, and picks up Sally. "Boris, you useless sack of meat, help me set Sally to bring sharp metal righteousness to the infidels." Boris nodded, and help set up the gun. Before it was even finished being set up, Jiram began spitting out bolter rounds at the enemy.

Unsure of all modifiers at this point
[roll0] (ballistic skill of 41)
Known Modifiers: +10 for stabilize trait

Half Action: Ready Weapon
Half Action: Full auto attack (one hit per degree of success) attacking any group of enemy soldiers, preferring tight groups of soldiers.

Order: Full Action, Stabilize

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

all at 5 armor penetration

Croverus
2013-04-06, 10:00 AM
After the moment it takes to set his weapon, Jiram lets off a burst of fire into the rocks, his aim proving to be true as he spots 4 heretics and rains death upon them. The first blast hits a man in the chest, knocking him to the ground as he spits up blood. The second man take a hit to the chest as well, but is not as lucky as the first as the bolt lodges in his sternum then detonates, causing his chest to explode outwards and spilling out his cooked organs on the ground. He's dead instantly. The third heretic is hit in the arm, but it is a glancing blow as he whirls around to regain his stance, only for the second bolt going straight into his eye. He barely has a chance to scream as the detonation goes off and almost completely vaporizes him, leaving just a fine mist. One last bolt strikes another heretic in the arm, blowing the arm apart. The heretic gasps, clutching the limb as he spams and falls the ground, dieing from shock. Even had Jiram's aim been any better there were no other heretics in the clump to actually hit with the last bolt. The main cluster on the left side is eliminated, leaving only a handful of heretics to the right, and a few individuals up in the cliffs to the left.

Technical details
Only the 1st guy hit was not instantly killed. He is prone though, and probably in no condition to keep fighting. Heretic 2 is dead, heretic 3 is nothing more than a red mist now, and heretic 4 died from shock. The rest on the left side are further away up on the cliff, spread out too far to hit more than 1 at a time.

The Commissar draws his sword and bolt pistol and rushes to some rocks on the right side, taking a quick shot with his pistol. He doesn't hit his target but the shot forces the heretic to drop back into cover. Zacharias braces his heavy bolter on the frame of a right side view port, ordering Serge to fire upon a target and uses his comrade's las shots to home in on one of the heretics, then lets off a hail of bolts. The area where he fires explodes from bolt shells, hitting the heretic twice. The ammo on the heretic's body explodes, slightly injuring two nearby heretics, as well the gore of the heretic's body drenching the area.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-06, 10:12 AM
Istvan begins traversing the turret, looking for a new target.

I think I saw somewhere that traversing a turret 180 degrees is a half action, but I can't find where I saw that again. If that's correct, I'll take a half action to traverse the turret to a new target and the other half action to aim.

Croverus
2013-04-06, 10:55 AM
Three heretics remain among the rocks to the right. They fire upon the squad but all of their shots miss the guardsmen. Three others are spread out up on the cliffs. One fires at Loban but the Sergeant's armor is too strong to cause any damage. The second targets the Commissar, one las shot goes wide and he manages to duck under the second shot but the third shot catches him in the arm, and he grits his teeth at the pain. The third aims at Jiram through the viewport he is firing on and fires only a single shot. The las blast is a perfect shot, flying true through viewport and striking Jiram in the helmet, but his carapace armor holds up against the majority of the blast.

Technical Stuff
Loban is hit by 3 shots from a lasgun but none do more than 8 damage (anything less than 9 is negated by your armor).
The Commissar is hit by 2 shots but manages to dodge one. The other does 12 damage, 8 negated by his armor and then 3 by his TB, so he takes 1 energy damage to his arm.
Jiram takes 1 hit, right to the helmet. It does 12 damage, subtracted by 8 armor. Jiram, subtract your toughness bonus to determine if you take any damage.

Istvan has taken his action, so Loban is up

BronyHeresy
2013-04-06, 09:00 PM
"Emperor's bogroll!" shouts Vig. Working the controls furiously, he veers off in the direction the gunfire is coming from and floors it. "Hot enough for ya Sarge? I need ya to man that turret!"

Nightgaun7
2013-04-06, 09:08 PM
++I am already in the turret, Vig, and the Sergeant has dismounted. I suggest moving perpendicular to the heretic with the missile launcher++

Are you using one of the vehicle actions on p 272-273?

Doc Kraken
2013-04-06, 10:41 PM
The Sergeant gritted his teeth as the lasbolts bounced off his armor. "We've got them! Ogdengard! Ogdengard and the Throne!" Loban roared, sheathing his chainsword and drawing his lasgun before firing on the closest heretic. They were too far away to make an effective charge, but he could at least proved supporting fire...

Free Action: Get Them!: [roll0] vs. 49 (39+10)
Ready (Half Action)
Fire Lasgun (Hadsen provides Ranged Volley): [roll1] vs 44 (29+10+5)

Damage (if I hit) [roll2] (+4 if Get Them! roll is made)

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-07, 12:06 AM
Jiram smiled as exploding death rained down on the infidels that were attacking them. He looked for one in particular, the one that fired the rocket. Spotting him, cowering behind a rock, no doubt readying another shot, the gunner held his shot. He lined up the bolter, barely noticing the laser blast that heated his scalp, ready to fire as soon as the enemy stepped from cover to fire at the chimera.

Not sure of the legality of this, but here goes:

Order (Full action) Stabilize (provides +10 bonus to attacks with a braced weapon)
Half Action: Aim (provides +10 bonus to attack)
Half Action: ready full auto attack to attack missile-launcher toting enemy when he leaves cover or prepares to launch the rocket.

[roll0] vs BS of 41 + modifiers

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-07, 12:51 AM
Katherine swore, moving to the back of the chimera and firing the heratics on the cliff."Frak this! Aiming just wastes time!"

Move: Half action
Standard attack: Half action
[roll0]
Or maybe it doesn't...

Croverus
2013-04-07, 09:45 PM
The Sergeant's las shot burns a heretic, who shouts in pain but holds his firing position, already taking aim back, but the Commissar, taking the opportunity of the injured heretic takes aim and plants a bolt in the heretic's face, the explosion causes the heretic's head to be blown clean off, blood spurting out of the neck as the corpse falls over. Katherine's shot goes wide, missing her intended target. Zacharias adjusts his aim towards the cliff and lets loose with his Heavy Bolter, having his comrade Serge guide his aim with a volley. He peppers the cliff face with explosive bolts, one of the shots manages to catch a heretic in the legs, knocking him back into the hard rock. The heretic manages to maintain his footing.

Sergeant does 8 damage to a heretic, the Commissar targets the same guy and does 7 explosive damage, putting him at 5 critical damage and killing him. Katherine misses her shot. Istvan has spent his turn rotating the turret and then aiming. Zacharias does 11 damage to one heretic on the cliff, putting the guy at 1 critical damage. Jiram is waiting for the missile launcher carrier to pop up, but he won't hit, unfortunately. The guy will need to pass a Pinning test though. Will post the heretics' turn in a bit.

Croverus
2013-04-08, 02:53 PM
Jiram peppers the entire cliff with Bolt rounds, forcing the heretics to drop behind cover. only one heretic stay put, returning fire with his Lasgun. He fires another single shot, aiming for Katherine, but manages to hit her comrade instead.

Vigs still needs to roll initiative and post something. Broney I need you to start being more active or I will move your character to NPC status until a time when you can get on at least once a day.

Jiram uses suppressing fire and forces all the heretics on the cliff face to make a Pinning test. The injured heretic, the one with the missile launcher, and one of the others fail the test and stay ducked down behind various rocks. One passes the test and fires a single shot at Katherine. He rolled doubles so her comrade takes the hit for her. Katherine's Comrade is now Wounded.

Istvan is up.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-08, 03:06 PM
Istvan focuses on the heretic with the missile launcher, the only apparent threat to the Chimera itself, and carefully adjusts for the motion of the vehicle - he takes what looks like a good shot as the Chimera slows for just a second...but Vig guns it a split second too soon and somehow the autocannon jams!

Aim: +20 BS
Standard Attack
Operate: Surface [roll0] to beat a 75 (35+20+10+10)

Damage:
[roll1]

Doc Kraken
2013-04-08, 05:37 PM
"Hadsen!" the Sergeant roars as he unloads his lasgun towards the nearest heretic. "You don't start keeping up with me, we're gonna have words!"

"Me keeping up with you?" Hadsen calls back, pouring on supporting fire. "I'm carrying this frakkin' squad!"

Half Action: Aim

Half Action: Semi-Auto Burst (Hadsen provides ranged volley): [roll1] vs. 54 (29 BS + 10 Aim + 10 Short Range + 5 Ranged Volley)

Damage (if I hit): [roll2] (+4 if Get Them! succeeds)
Potential Semi-Auto Burst bonus hits: [roll3] (+4 if Get Them! succeeds)
[roll4] (+4 if Get Them! succeeds)

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-08, 08:09 PM
"Now would be a good time to kill them, while I have them pinned down, comrades." Jiram said, letting loose another salvo of bullets, trying to keep the enemy from leaving cover.

Order (Full round): Stabilize +10 to full auto attacks

Full Action: Suppressing fire [roll0] vs BS of 41 + modifiers

Croverus
2013-04-08, 09:23 PM
The Commissar fires at one of the heretics on the right, missing his target but the heretic he shoots at does duck behind cover. He growls, checking his rounds. "We're not getting much of anywhere this way! Sergeant, I want you to try and flank them if you can! I'll keep their attention on me!"

Meanwhile Zacharias joins Jiram in unloading Bolt rounds into the cliff side. He peppers the rocks one heretic hides behind, blowing away chunks and forcing the heretic to scramble away to another position.

The heretics on the right both open up on the Commissar, landing a glancing blow on his shoulder. Most of the ones on the cliff cower behind their cover, the one that has been landing single shots with amazing precision though is brave, or foolish, to hold his position. He takes another single shot at the view ports of the Chimera, and manages to hit Zacharias. The Gunner snarls and rolls back his shoulder as the las shot sizzles on his armor.

Details
So the Commissar fires at the heretics on the right, with one failing its pinning test. The other two open up on him with semi-auto bursts of fire, landing a hit on him and doing 2 damage. Jiram's suppression fire manages to pin down the heretics on the cliff except the sharp shooter (I keep rolling well with him, but only because He aims and fires single shots, giving him a 55% chance to hit), and the missile launcher heretic would have passed but Zacharias forced him to take a second test which he failed. The sharp shooter lands a shot on Zacharias, but he has 8 armor and 4 toughness bonus so the sharp shooter has to roll a 10 to do any damage.

Broney, not gonna wait on you man. Vig is on NPC status until you prove able to show up and post actions.

Players go!

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-08, 09:28 PM
fJiram curses and keeps laying down suppression fire.

same as last turn. Stabilize plus suppressing fire.

[roll0] vs bs 41

Doc Kraken
2013-04-08, 09:43 PM
"On it, Commissar!"The Sergeant snaps, dropping his lasgun and snatching his chainsword back up. "Hadsen, with me!" He scrambles through the rocks, head down to avoid stray fire.

Half Action: Ready (chainsword)

Half Action: Move (2 meters, Hadsen spends a half action to keep up)

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-08, 09:56 PM
Katherine addressed her comrade before taking a shot at the heretic that had remained in the open. "Thanks for that one, just don't go killing yourself now."

Half action: Aim
Half action: standard attack
[roll0]
Damage: 8 in OOC thread

BronyHeresy
2013-04-09, 05:53 PM
"How are things up top looking, Ist?" Tovil asks over the roar of the engine, after having stalled for a moment, driving perpendicular to the heretics. "I'm thinking we move up and provide those heretics with something big to shoot at to draw attention away from the main group instead of idling here shooting at them."

Nightgaun7
2013-04-09, 07:16 PM
++Providing covering fire++

I thought we were already moving somewhere. I'm popping up to use the pintle-mounted storm bolter.

To clarify: I'm aiming at the guy with the missile launcher, if I can hit him. Not exactly clear on who is where.

Aim +10
Semi-Auto
Operate: Surface [roll0] to beat a 55 (35+10+10)
Damage:
[roll1]+5, Pen 4 Total = 34 after righteous fury
[roll2]+5, Pen 4 Total = 12
[roll3]+5, Pen 4
[roll4]+5, Pen 4

Croverus
2013-04-09, 08:16 PM
Katherine scores a well placed shot on the sharp shooting heretic's leg, while Istvan mounts the Storm Bolter and unloads onto the hiding spot of the heretic with the missile launcher. Several rounds blow away the cover he was behind and then blowing the heretic's leg clean off. The explosion detonates the missiles he was carrying, lighting up the cliff face with a fiery explosion. The other heretics are not close enough to be harmed by the fireball, but she shockwave causes the whole cliff face to heave violently and start collapsing. None of the heretic on the cliff are able to scramble away and are buried by the collapsing cliff face.

The Commissar stands to keep the remaining heretics focused on him, firing away at them with his Bolt Pistol. "Cleanse these heretics in the name of the Emperor!" His shot lands a blow on one heretic, who take the bolt shell to the arm. The explosion mangles the heretic's hand, making it useless. Zacharias moves to the Right side view ports, bracing his weapon and taking aim.

The last three remaining heretics are all among the boulders to the right of the Chimera. One jumps up onto a boulder and pulls a grenade from his belt, priming it and hurling it at the Chimera. The throw hits the Chimera in the side, detonating with a loud explosion. The Chimera's armour shudders and buckles slightly. One of the heretics opens up with semi-auto fire on Istvan, but the shots are not able to land on him. The other focuses on the Commissar, and lands two shots on his chest, scorching his uniform and the armor beneath.

Details
Katherine does 5 damage to the sharp shooter.
Istvan kills the missile launcher heretic, who's ammo explodes. The shockwave causes the cliff face to collapse, burying the other two heretics on the cliff.
The Commissar hits one of the injured heretics, putting them at 5 Critical damage. The heretic loses the hand.
The injured heretic grabs a krak grenade and lands a hit on the Chimera with it. He does 19 damage at Pen 6 to the Chimera's side, which causes 3 points of damage to the Chimera's Structural Integrity.
One Heretic fires at Istvan but misses.
The last heretic hits the Commissar twice, doing 2 damage to him. The Commissar has taking 3 damage total.

Players go!

And Broney, I need to to declare actual ACTIONS. Are you moving at Tactical speed? Twice Tactical speed? Are you making evasive actions, flooring it, trying to Ram them? Do you even know the stats of your Chimera other than its weapons?

Nightgaun7
2013-04-09, 08:38 PM
Feeling slightly exhilarated by the success of his last shot, Istvan sweeps the stormbolter across the enemy in a fusillade of fire, calling out ++Suppressing fire++ to the others.

Whenever it gets around to being my action again, I'll shoot at whoever's left.

Full Auto Suppressing Fire
Operate: Surface [roll0] to beat a 15 (35-20)
My kill zone is the rock line they're hiding in
They're taking a Hard [-20] pinning test.

On the off chance I hit anything,
[roll1]+5, Pen 4, Total = 14
[roll2]+5, Pen 4, Total = 13
[roll3]+5, Pen 4
[roll4]+5, Pen 4

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-09, 08:39 PM
Continuing to curse at Sally, Jarem feels the whole chimera shudder from the krak impact. Leaving the useless gun where it is, he grabs his backup weapon out of the hands of Boris, moving over to the right viewports, lining up the grenade-thrower in his sights, and loosing a salvo of energy bolts at him. Boris, taking some initiative, pulls out a sidearm and fires at the same target.

Order (Half Action): Ranged Volley on Grenade Thrower (+5 bonus to my BS)
Half Action: Ready M34 Lasgun
Half Action: Fire a Semi-auto-burst at the grenade throwing heretic.
[roll0] vs BS of 41 (+5 for ranged volley)
[roll1]
[roll2] (for potential secondary targets)
[roll3] (for potential secondary targets)

Croverus
2013-04-09, 08:53 PM
The first Las shot hits the thrower in his arm, burning hims badly, then the second shot going a little to one side hitting his other arm. Energy ripples across the arm as skin and muscle sloughs off from the limb, revealing a sticky red mess of sinew and bone. The man wobbles in his spot then falls over, unconscious.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-09, 08:56 PM
With a shout and a wave of his chainsword, Loban bolts through the rocks, eager to engage the few remaining heretics - or at least draw their fire while the rest of the squad finishes them off.

Full Action: Run (12 meters toward heretics; -20 to ranged attacks against him this turn, +20 to melee attacks, Hadsen spends a half action to keep up)

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-09, 09:08 PM
Katherine pivoted to face the remaining heretics. Pausing briefly to aim, she fires at the nearest heretic.

Assuming pivoting isn't an action, if so drop the aiming bonus.
Half action: aim
Half action: standard attack
[roll0] Now that was one bad shot

Croverus
2013-04-09, 09:30 PM
Istvan lays down suppression fire but they foolishly do not take cover, one of them takes a bolt shot to the head. The explosion leaves deep lacerations and his face is a bloody mess. Katherine's shot finds no mark.

The Commissar takes careful aim and fires a shot, but his target manages to avoid the attack. Zacharias opens up on the heretic injured by Istvan and hits the heretic with multiple explosive bolt shells, leaving behind nothing but a bloody mess.

The one remaining Heretic snarls, kneeling down as he takes careful aim and lets off a burst of fire, peppering the Commissar with Las shots. The Commissar's armor holds up well enough but he isn't looking too good.

Details
Istvan's suppressing fire fails to pin them, but does hit one, putting him at 3 Critical damage.
Katherine and the Commissar both miss.
Zacharias finishes off the injured heretic, leaving him a bloody mess.
The last standing heretic hits the Commissar with all four shots, the first one is negated by his armour, the second does 1 damage to him, and the third does 10 damage to him! He has taken 14 damage, but is not taking Critical damage yet. (These heretics DO NOT like the Commissar...)

Doc Kraken
2013-04-09, 09:41 PM
"I've got you, you grox-frakking waste of atmo!" Loban flings himself forward, chainsword screaming a challenge as Hadsen lashes out with the butt of his lasgun.

Free Action: Get Them!: [roll0] vs 49 (39+10)

Full Action: Charge: [roll1] vs. 73 (33 + 20 for Charge + 20 for Ganging Up and Double Team)

Damage(if I hit): [roll2] OR [roll3], whichever is higher, + 3 Strength Bonus, +4 if Get Them! succeeds (Hadsen spends a half action to keep up and a half action for Close Quarters)

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-09, 09:45 PM
Forsaking aiming, Katherine fires off two shots in an attempt to down the heretic before the commissar goes down.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]
Dam 1: [roll2]
Dam 2: [roll3]

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-09, 10:03 PM
Seeing the last heretic being taken care of, Jarem moves over to Sally and begins to clear the jam and load a fresh magazine into her.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-09, 10:05 PM
Istvan targets the lone heretic remaining, squeezing off a single bolt before the Sergeant gets too close. ++Incoming Fire, Sergeant++

Aim +10
Standard attack
Operate: Surface [roll0] to beat a 65 (35+10+10+10)

Damage: missed

[roll1]+5, Pen 4
[roll2]+5, Pen 4

Croverus
2013-04-09, 10:16 PM
Sergeant Loban's chainsword smacks into the man's face, ripping it open. The man is stunned by the attack and grabs at his face trying to stop the bleeding.

Everyone who tries shooting at it fails, but luckily no one hits the Sergeant. The Commissar lowers his Bolt pistol, breathing heavily as he checks his wounds. His armor is pretty singed.

Zacharias holds his fire, instead checking his weapon and having his Comrade Serge examine his helmet for any damage.

Details
The heretic is stunned and takes no action. Istvan can attempt to shoot again or let Serge finish the guy off.

Nightgaun7
2013-04-09, 10:21 PM
++Take him alive if you can, Sergeant++

Doc Kraken
2013-04-09, 10:31 PM
"Lights out, scav-rat." Loban spits as he swings the hilt of his chainsword at the heretic's head...

Full Action: Stun - [roll0] vs. 33 (-20 for Stun, +20 for Ganging Up/Double Team (Hadsen spends a half action for Close Quarters)

Stun die (if it hits) - [roll1] +3 Strength bonus

Nightgaun7
2013-04-10, 09:11 AM
Seeing that the situation is in hand for the moment, Istvan clears the jammed autocannon, then directs his servitor to move out of the Chimera and around to the damaged area while he turns the turret back to the front.

I use Technical Knock on the autocannon as a half action, then rotate the turret back to the fronts as my second half action.

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-10, 09:18 AM
Jarem finishes unjamming his heavy bolter, and reloads it. Once that is done, he takes his M34 with him outside to see if any gear is recoverable from the heretics that were killed on the left side of the chimera.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-10, 10:06 AM
Frowning as the screaming heretic lurched away, Loban aimed another swing at his head.

Full Action: Stun - [roll0] vs. 33 (-20 for Stun, +20 for Ganging Up/Double Team (Hadsen spends a half action for Close Quarters)

Stun die (if it hits) - [roll1] +3 Strength bonus

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-10, 10:42 AM
Katherine grins."You can do better than that sarge!" Leaving the chimera to scavenge anything useful from the heretics around Loban, she notices the commissars wounds."How's everyone holding up?"

Two standard move actions towards Loban.
Books not on hand so I'm not sure about the exact distance I've moved

BronyHeresy
2013-04-10, 08:11 PM
-REDACTED-
(Post was out of context)

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-11, 09:24 PM
Jiram slowly sifts through the dead bodies on the left side of the chimera, careful to keep his weapon aimed at any of the heretics that aren't obviously dead. He is also very careful in handling the corrupted weaponry, making a stack of useful items for the tech priests to see about salvaging. If anyone could return useless heretic gear to purity it was a tech priest.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-11, 09:33 PM
Katherine assists Jiram with his search, but also keeps her eye out for thrones, nick-nacks and trinkets that she might be able to barter with.

Doc Kraken
2013-04-12, 10:53 PM
As Hadsen kicks one of the bodies and whoops in victory, the Sergeant bends over his unconscious prisoner. "Oligrand!" he calls. "Either you get over here and stabilize this heretic, or he bleeds out. Might be he can tell us what's waiting up ahead, with the right persuasion." He looks at Fortunus, concern etched across his features. "You all right, Commissar? You took a hell of a lot of fire."

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-13, 08:26 AM
Katherine rushed over to the heretic and set to work on his mangled face. "You really did a number on this one sarge."

Midicae: [roll0] vs 71 (int+med10+field sutures)

Croverus
2013-04-13, 12:17 PM
The Commissar grunts as he checks out his injuries. His carapace armor has a few Las scars, but most notable is the large hole that has been burned int he chest plate. "I'll be fine for now. Interrogate the heretics quickly then put an end to their miserable existence. Scrounge their ammo and if you wish, but without a priest to ensure their gear is not corrupted I would not be too eager to take their weapons." He heads to the Chimera, climbing on board to remove his chest plate to examine his injuries.

Katherine manages to close the bleeding wounds on the heretic's face, and he remains out cold. The weapons of the heretics have obvious signs of heresy upon them, mostly in the form of chaos symbols, and being in general disrepair. Most of their gear is similarly scarred by the taint of chaos, with only a handful of charge packs and a couple of grenades between the lot of them being untarnished.

Hope you're tracking your ammo (cause I will do ammo checks after missions). You find 2 frag grenades and 1 krak grenade that are not marked by anything that would indicate chaos, as well as 5 charge packs. Pretty much all their other gear is either marked in some way by chaos, too damaged to be usable, or in extremely poor condition to the point you wouldn't likely be able to trade them worth anything.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-13, 09:41 PM
Katherine grabs the krak grenade and a charge pack, then drags the heretic whose arms were burned away to the chimeras boarding ramp. "You sure you don't want me to fix you up commissar? My schedule is looking pretty clear at the moment."

Doc Kraken
2013-04-14, 11:03 AM
Loban nods as he stuffs a charge pack and a frag grenade into his sling bag. "Can't inspire the men if you're dead, if you don't mind me saying so. Oligrand'll stitch you up right, Commissar. Just you, Private...erm..." The Sergeant coughs as he glances at Katherine's injured comrade, then glares at the unconscious heretics. "...the Private, and those two sorry sacks of meat on the waiting list, and it's gonna be shorter in a minute. Hadsen! Keep an eye on those two, let me know as soon as one of 'em so much as cracks an eyelid. We need to get moving."

With that, he walks over to survey the Chimera's damage. "Szabo! How's our ride coming along? Staying here is starting to give me an uncomfortableness."

Croverus
2013-04-14, 11:08 AM
The Commissar nods, removing the chest plate of his carapace armor and unbuttoning his crimson clothes to reveal the nasty las burns he has suffered. Katherine also gets a good look at the number of scars the Commissar has. Seems attracting enemy fire away from his fellow Guardsmen is a habit of his.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-14, 11:18 AM
Getting to work, Katherine whistled when she saw the commissars scars. "Oh, and Jack, sarge is right. You need patching up too. Just try not to get yourself killed trying to save me."

Medicae: [roll0] Vs.41 (int+med10)

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-14, 12:52 PM
Jiram takes a frag grenade and the remaining three charge packs, putting them in his bag in case anyone needed the ammo later. Given the heavy size of his weapons, and the amount of ammo he and Boris had to carry, he was used to keeping a few extras for the rest of the squad. Before returning to the chimera, he does whatever he can to render any useful bits of chaos weaponry unusable by any means possible (smashing barrels, removing firing pins, destroying sights).

In terns of ammo use I used 4 laser shots (three first time, one in the last round) and 18 heavy bolter shots (2 rounds of full fire, and 1 round of jamming). I have a full bolter pack in my heavy bolter, and the partially spent one is in reserve, I still have the partially spent laser pack in my M34

I have picked up 1 frag grenade an 3 power packs, if anyone wants any of them, let me know, I'm just holding them so we don't leave them behind.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-14, 12:58 PM
Katherine turned from the commissar and towards her comrade Jack, then set to work patching him up. "Right, your up Jack."

Medicae: [roll0] Vs. 41 (int+med10)

Nightgaun7
2013-04-14, 04:43 PM
++The Chimera is somewhat damaged, but fully functional. I can easily repair it when we return to base. For now, Sergeant, we should remount and keep moving++

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-14, 06:20 PM
With the damage to the right side of the chimera, Jarem braces his heavy bolter against a left side viewport. With that ready, he retrieves his missile launcher from his pack, and readies a krak missile in it. "I recommend we make a pass, fire a few shots at the fortress, and see what happens. I fire this at one of the towers, and maybe the turret and storm bolter hit the other tower for good measure, da?"

Croverus
2013-04-14, 07:58 PM
The Commissar double checks Katherine's patch job. He nods, satisfied for now and does his best to straighten out his attire and put his armor back on. "A strafing attack sounds good. If nothing else we should scare out any snipers they have in the towers and maybe even goad them into bringing the fight to us, in which case the Chimera would have the advantage as the area outside the walls is easy enough to traverse for us. I advise we stay inside the Chimera, no point giving them free shots at us again." As the Commissar lays out his view of the plan, the heretic with the useless arm sputter, groaning and muttering a string of obscenities. The Commissar's gaze fixes on the man and his face twists into a sneer. "Interrogate this scum, then strap him and the other to the back of the Chimera and drag their worthless hides behind us."

tigerusthegreat
2013-04-14, 08:35 PM
"Since he has been...disarmed....perhaps we can use him as a plate of living armor to ward off enemy attacks. Strap him to the sides of the chimera and let them burn through their own accursed brethren to harm us."

Doc Kraken
2013-04-14, 09:34 PM
"Heh. Not a bad idea, Bolshelon..." Loban grabs the heretic by his useless arm and hauls him to his feet. "Dunno how much of the Chimera he'd cover, though. Heretics're all ill-fed, mangy, lice ridden scavengers, ain't gonna do too much to stop a lasbolt! It'd be pretty funny, though." He gives the struggling prisoner a questioning look. "Might be we have room for him to ride on the top, though. That'd be a sight more comfortable than strapped to the side. Probably only room for one heretic up there, otherwise they'll get to plotting. Can't have that, now can we! Suppose it'll have to go to whoever we like the best..." He winks. "Best speak up before your friend comes to, frakker. He looks like the talkative type. What are you lot up to out here, and how did you know we were coming?"

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-14, 09:40 PM
Katherine grinned. "Heh, nice one Jiram. Took me a second to get it."

Croverus
2013-04-16, 10:59 PM
The heretic has blood oozing from his mouth as he speaks, and he groans from the pain. "All of you are doomed. The Great Ones will reopen the portals on this planet and their armies will devour you all. You cannot stop us." He starts laughing, which comes out a bit gurgly thanks to the blood in the heretic's throat. He begins speaking again but the words are not anything you understand. The Commissar stands and steps forward. "Open the back door." Vig does so without question as the Commissar raises his chainsword, revving it and looks to the others. "These heretics will give us nothing of use. There lies are poison and you will not let them put fear in your hearts. For the Emperor!" With a graceful swing he removes the heretic's head, which bounces out of the Chimera. He then kicks the body out the back and turns tot he remaining heretic, who is still out cold. "Drag that one behind us. He goes to take a seat as Vigs keeps driving towards the facility in the distance, it will be about 30 minutes until you are within range to use the missile launcher and the Chimera's weapons.

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-04-19, 07:09 AM
Katherine slid her helmet off and ran her hand through her hair. "You know sarge, maybe you were right about not turning in our grooming kits. My hairs going to get a lot longer pretty quick. Anyone mind if I borrow theirs when it does?

Nightgaun7
2013-05-01, 09:08 PM
Istvan grumbles over the blow dealt the Chimera, sotto voce.

Croverus
2013-05-01, 09:25 PM
The Commissar speaks with Vigs, who reads off a few numbers. Nodding, the Commissar turns to the squad. "We are approaching the facility, and will be within 600 meters of the nearest tower any moment. Ready the Chimera's weapons and the missile launcher, there is a possibility they will have snipers or anti-tank weaponry that they will fire at us as we approach."

Doc Kraken
2013-05-03, 02:09 PM
"You heard the man." Loban barked. "Bolshelon, keep an eye out. You see someone coming toward us with anything heavy, you light them up!" He thinks for a moment. "You have the turret again, cogboy?"

Nightgaun7
2013-05-03, 02:16 PM
++Affirmative++

tigerusthegreat
2013-05-03, 05:32 PM
Jiram readies the rocket launcher, firing on the left-hand tower when it comes into range.

[roll0] vs BS 41

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-05-03, 05:52 PM
Katherine sighed and assumed a position at one of the gun ports. "We're going to have to go in there, aren't we sarge?"

Doc Kraken
2013-05-03, 11:09 PM
"Have to doesn't come into it, soldier." The sergeant grunts. "I don't know about you, but I can't stand the thought of heretics walking free on our world. Cleanse and purge, Oligrand. Cleanse and purge."

TheAnnoyingNoob
2013-05-03, 11:28 PM
"I'm still not entirely used to putting myself in danger yet sarge, my life has given me quite the survival instinct." Katherine replied somewhat sarcastically, before becoming slightly more serious. The Emperor protects though, and with any luck I'll be able to fix most of what he doesn't cover for us."

Nightgaun7
2013-05-08, 11:54 PM
"I will begin firing upon the main tower as soon as we are within effective range. Watch for snipers in the other one. I suggest you fire the missile launcher out the top hatch while we circle the structure."

I'll line up my shot carefully and when we're in range, I fire.

[roll0] to beat a 65

Damage:
[roll1]+8, Pen 6
[roll2]+8, Pen 6
[roll3]+8, Pen 6