PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Druid (Summoner) Build ~HELP WANTED~

Yael
2013-04-04, 03:30 AM
So, I'm entering a new campaign soon (at level 1st) and I though of using other race rather than standard (I've only used humans, halflings and a changeling once). So, I checked the LA+0 races, from every source; lastly, I found the Anthropomorphic Bat.

So, I though that a nature-like class would fit. So, I choose Druid, I don't like my small creature with no land speed and average fly speed in melee nor shooting (due to the little damage it provides). So, what if I get to summoning animals to do the dirt work?

And here is the build I've planned.

Name: Gothamdweller Lyy.

Race: Anthropomorphic Bat.

Level Adjustment: +0

Ability Scores:
Strengh = 3
Dexterity = 9
Constitution = 13
Intelligence = 15
Wisdom = 23 (or 25 if Chaste Life chosen)
Charisma = 11

Build.

Druid 20 (until better choice appears).

Alternate Class Features:

Deadly Hunter.
Gain: Bonus to AC when Unarmored and Fast Movement (as monk).
Gain: Favored Enemy, Track, and Swift Tracker as a ranger.
Lose: Armor and Shield Proficiency, and Wild Shape.

Elemental Companion.
Gain: Elemental as companion.
Lose: Animal Companion.

Feats.

[Lv1st] Spellcasting Prodigy / Chaste Life (Wisdom)
[Flaw] Spell Focus (Conjuration)
[Flaw] Augment Summoning
[Lv3rd] Greenbound Summoning
[Lv6th] Ashbound (may be retrained later)
[Lv9th] Extraordinary Concentration
[Lv12th]
[Lv15th]
[Lv18th]

Spuddles
2013-04-04, 03:39 AM
Your alternate class features are strictly worse than what they are replacing. Why would you EVER give wildshape up?

Rashemi Elemental Summoning + Storm Elementals (MM3) = nukin all the time.

Ring of the Beast is also really good, from complete champion.

Pilo
2013-04-04, 04:19 AM
If you want wisdom to AC, just buy a monk belt when you can afford it. Don't lose wildshape, even more with the poor physical stats you have. Changing into a riding dog at level 5 give you +7 to AC, which is the same that you get at this level with the ACF, to that, you can add a barding (same as armor but for animals).

Conjure Ice Beast spells from Frostburn are quite good at low level because they have a lot of hp and you can make them blast a zone with Cold Aura (Su) or Ice Breath (Su).

Summon Elemental reserve feat from complete mage is a good feat to take at level 9.

Ashbound is taken far too late, forget it. If you keep wildshape, take natural spell at this point.

I don't get it. Why you take Extraordinary Concentration?

Yael
2013-04-04, 06:32 PM
So, keeping Wild Shape is a better choice?
Seems legit, I just saw the Ring of the Beast, it seems like a good item. :smallbiggrin:

Divide by Zero
2013-04-04, 06:40 PM
Wild shape is the druid's second most powerful class feature, the first being spellcasting. The only time you should ever give it up is if you're worried about being too strong.

Monticularis
2013-04-04, 07:12 PM
Beckon the Frozen from Frostburn can give your summons the cold subtype and +1d6 cold damage on attacks.