PDA

View Full Version : [PF]* False Priest Sorcerer Help

8wGremlin
2013-04-04, 04:24 AM
I'm putting together a Pathfinder, (possibly Pathfinder with 3.5 materials) False Priest Sorcerer

9th Level, Sorcerer, False Priest, Sylvan Wildblooded‎ Fae Bloodline, Human

This gives me:

False Piety (Ex)
At 1st level, a false priest gains Knowledge (religion) and Perform as class skills, but loses Appraise and Fly as class skills. He adds half his sorcerer level to Use Magic Device checks to activate spell trigger and spell completion items that use divine spells. He gains False Focus as a bonus feat.

Lay Healer (Su)
At 3rd level, the false priest adds aid to his list of spells known as a 2nd-level spell. At 5th level, he adds remove disease to his list of spells known as a 3rd-level spell.

False Channel (Su)
At 9th level, the false priest can use his own magic to power spell completion and spell trigger items that use divine spells. He expends a sorcerer spell slot that is at least 1 level higher than the level of the spell he’s trying to activate, then makes a Use Magic Device check. If he succeeds, the item’s spell occurs and the item or charge is not expended. If he fails, nothing happens. Whether he succeeds or fail, his spell slot is expended.

Animal Companion (Ex)
At 1st level, you gain an animal companion. Your effective druid level for this ability is equal to your sorcerer level – 3 (minimum 1st). (Effective druid level 6)

Woodland Stride (Ex)
At 3rd level, you can move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at your normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion, however, still affect you.

The Major benefit is the False Channel (Su) ability, with maxed Use Magic Device, plus 1/2 Sorcerer level he should be able to use his UMD with some great effect.

So what can I do with this?
How can I really use it.

Some thoughts are to use 3.5 material
Such as be good and take an Ancestral Relic "Runestaff" to add extra spells
Versatile spellcaster to push spell slot higher

What else would be useful, what feats, traits etc...
(would be doubly beneficial if i was also told what was PF only and what was 3.5 - thanks)

Blyte
2013-04-04, 09:18 AM
Raksasha bloodline to fool spell crafts into thinking you are casting priest spells, bluff bonuses, detect thoughts, and non detection to skip town when the congregation gets wise to you

Karoht
2013-04-04, 11:26 AM
False Channel (Su)
At 9th level, the false priest can use his own magic to power spell completion and spell trigger items that use divine spells. He expends a sorcerer spell slot that is at least 1 level higher than the level of the spell he’s trying to activate, then makes a Use Magic Device check. If he succeeds, the item’s spell occurs and the item or charge is not expended. If he fails, nothing happens. Whether he succeeds or fail, his spell slot is expended.

The Major benefit is the False Channel (Su) ability, with maxed Use Magic Device, plus 1/2 Sorcerer level he should be able to use his UMD with some great effect.

So what can I do with this?
How can I really use it.
Buy lots and lots of divine scrolls.
Take the feat Cypher Magic so you can qualify for the Cypher Mage Prestige Class at 10.
By level 20, here is your spellcasting progression
Arcane-9th Level Spells at your CL. Cast Spontaneously.
Divine-8th Level Spells at your CL +1. Cast Spontaneously (pursuant to having the scrolls accessible that is).
And you can apply all your casting feats to those Divine Scrolls, several times per day.
And you can use your Int x2 instead of just Int to casting, several times per day.
Also, it allows you access to Divine spells. Divine covers a very broad area. Druid, Paladin, Inquisitor, Cleric, Ranger. Make absolutely certain you get a Scroll of Bestow Grace. Charisma to Saves just like a Paladin, requiring any good alignment? Sure thing!
Lastly, there are plenty of spells on the Sorc/Wiz list as well as Witches or Bards. Find a Cleric with that domain, get them to make a Scroll for you. There is a Bard spell, I think it falls under the Arcane Domain for Clerics, it grants you and allies within 10ft free metamagic.

Now, want some stronger cheese?
Okay, so you've got False Channel right?
Get a Ring of Spell Battle, crafted with a Cleric version of Spell Turning (the required spell to make the item). It is now a Divine item.
Ring of Spell Battle is, for it's cost, one of the best anti-caster items in the game. The only limit is the once per day effect. Well, as long as you have 8th level spell slots, you can power the ring via your own slots instead of using the one on the ring. Having Ring of Spell Battle activate multiple times per day instead of just once? Yeah, that is pretty darned awesome. Bear in mind it is a reactive ability to change the spell target via the ring, not an immediate if I recall correctly.

Also, take the Half-Elf racial heritage feat so you can qualify to use the spell Paragon Surge. Using Paragon Surge, you can select the feat Expanded Arcana (which adds spells known to your list-1 at your highest spell level or 2 at any other spell level/s below that), meaning that you can (as a standard action) get access to any spell you need that isn't on your spell list. Seriously, a wand of Paragon Surge will be one of the best investments you can make. It's one feat to qualify for Paragon Surge (because you are going Human), and it will give you loads of bang for your buck.
Don't like the standard action casting time? Get a basic rod of quicken spell (works on spell levels 1-3, Paragon Surge is a 3rd Level Spell) and get any spell you need as a swift action.

The only 3.5 content on here is the Ring of Spell Battle, everything else is straight Pathfinder, taken from www.pathfindersrd.com
Happy Hunting!