PDA

View Full Version : Character Idea

Keikat
2013-04-04, 09:45 AM
So me and a few friends and making a campaign, faerun if you need to ask, and we are opening a lot of the 3.5 official books, eberron isn't open much, we are starting level 5. And well..I'm thinking of doing a melee class, but my thing is I wanna be a monster, yes it allowed but also.. my char is going to be a female and I want it to be fierce yet not ugly as a cow, and I can have LA +4 or some kind of race/class progression so I'm here to ask about some opinion for races and classes.

Blyte
2013-04-04, 10:02 AM
I think hound archon is CR4, and fearsome... I wish I could play one.

Beelzebub1111
2013-04-04, 10:05 AM
Orc ladies are nice. I, myself, am partial to Gnolls

If you are going to be around water, you can't go wrong with Sahuagin (La +2 and 2 Hit Dice and you get Blindesense, Frenzy, a Swim Speed, and can talk to sharks)

Troglodites are great for a permanent stinking cloud. Poison Dusk Lizard Folk (MMIII) get Use Poison for free and get major bonuses on hide checks. In addition to being small without a penalty to strength, a fantastic natural armor bonus, and a low LA and no Racial hit dice they are WELL worth it. I like to use them as two-weapon rangers.

Tanklin
2013-04-04, 10:11 AM
maybe centaur? use monster progression from savage species. total LA+6 (you must start with level 5 from the progression table)

You can use bugbear stats but giving you a more human appearance (just a cosmetic change, remember charisma isn't exactly the same as appearance, your race could be just shy )

(3 racial HD 3d8, saves +1 fort, +3 ref, +1 will, +4 str, +2 dex, +2 con, -2 cha, +3 natural armor, 2 feats) total LA+4

You can use Half-ogre stats, for a large criature without racial HD and LA+2 (+6 str, -2 dex, +2 con, -2 int, -2 cha, darkvision and 10-ft reach)

or use monster progression of stone child from races of stone, (races of stone pag 93-94) favored class: fighter total LA+6 (you must start with level 5 from the progression table)

Morbis Meh
2013-04-04, 10:15 AM
Races of Stone: Goliath (play as a warblade/Barbarian or crusader)
+4 str
+2 Con
-2 Dex (so she can be pretty if she so desires

She gets powerful build with access to wonderful feats like knockback and a great racial substitution level for barbarian. Best part, it only comes with a +1LA cost

Keikat
2013-04-04, 10:46 AM
Actually it's a desert campaign, so yeah I have to take in mind things like heat resistance and stuff..I don't want to stink so much my party will just back away from me.

Beelzebub1111
2013-04-04, 11:10 AM
Actually it's a desert campaign, so yeah I have to take in mind things like heat resistance and stuff..I don't want to stink so much my party will just back away from me.

In that case I'd still go with Poison Dusk Lizardfolk. A big thing in a small package.

Keikat
2013-04-04, 02:11 PM
I have looked at many of those and I'm nodding my head and thinking about them, except the lizard folk, I'm going melee damage/tank. The Goliath barbarian seems cool but I dunno about tome of battle..never used it and it looks very alien for me.