PDA

View Full Version : Can a non psychic build, get anything out of a psychic dip?

CyberThread
2013-04-04, 11:16 AM
Some folks suggest dips for clerics for the domains you can get, others for useful things that come out of the bard/wizard funhouse, or the skill points from rogue.

Do any of the psychic classes, offer anything when it comes to just a one level dip?

Fouredged Sword
2013-04-04, 12:30 PM
Dips not so much, but the slayer class is a shoe in for a ranger who wants to psion.

But then again the psionic strike line of feats could be useful to a frontliner and the psionic hustle power is nice for getting around...

Really you get 1-2 psionic powers 1-2 times per day and the ability to take psionic feats. Maybe the ability to invest a crystal weapon for extra damage in place of the powers.

Could be useful, but not game changing.

otakumick
2013-04-04, 12:33 PM
2 1 level dips... Telepath with practiced manifester feat, Thrallheard... gain super leadership... and a couple nifty powers.

Solophoenix
2013-04-04, 12:34 PM
2 Levels of Psychic Warrior gets you 2 bonus feats, and a not entirely useless power from a decent list.

Sith_Happens
2013-04-04, 01:02 PM
2 Levels of Psychic Warrior gets you 2 bonus feats, and a not entirely useless power from a decent list.

I'd describe Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm) as quite a bit better than "not entirely useless."

Zaq
2013-04-04, 01:21 PM
I'd describe Expansion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/expansion.htm) as quite a bit better than "not entirely useless."

It's pretty useless with an ML of 2. Amazing for a true PsyWar, but not so much for a dabbler.

Dusk Eclipse
2013-04-04, 01:25 PM
I am rather fond of getting Dimension Leap (I think that is the name), it is a power that lets you teleport 10 ft as a swift action for 1 PP, you can get it with a dip into Ardent or Mantled Psychic Warrior or by taking Hidden Talent (Dimension Leap).

If you do get it, I recomend visiting the Psionic node for extra 5PP per day. It is a wondrous location and it costs about 3K GP or something like that.

CyberThread
2013-04-04, 01:30 PM
was their not a varient on slayer published that made it better?

Spuddles
2013-04-04, 01:34 PM
It can give you some decent nukes. Two levels psy warrior gets you two feats and a power. Expansion, Practiced Manifester, and Psychic Weapon are all pretty sweet. Later, pick up Deep Impact & Power Attack.