PDA

View Full Version : PCs into Gods?

Silus
2013-04-04, 04:05 PM
So I'm ironing out some kinks with this campaign I'm looking to run, and I thought "how should this campaign end?".

Well it's a Low Divine world 'cause the Gods have been blocked via magical barrier that keeps out (almost) any extraplanar contact, and the players will have (hopefully) pushed back the forces of Hell from claiming their world as a massive treasure trove of souls.

So, let'em ascend to Godhood. That's a good decent plan, right? *nervously looks around*

If you've read Monsterous Regiment by Terry Pratchett, you'll understand the general idea behind how it would work.

I'm just wondering if it'll be a good idea as a "reward" for a level 15-20 party who, as stated above, pushed back/destroyed a major planar bleed from Hell.

dascarletm
2013-04-04, 04:10 PM
Divine rank 0 may still be balanceable? Then Epic campaign to climb the divine ladder so-to-say.

nedz
2013-04-04, 04:10 PM
I presume you mean PCs rather than Players ? :smallamused:

I think that this is reasonable for an epic type game though quite what it means and where you take things is quite open. Is this meant to be an end of campaign reward, or a jump into Epic play ?

Silus
2013-04-04, 04:13 PM
I presume you mean PCs rather than Players ? :smallamused:

I think that this is reasonable for an epic type game though quite what it means and where you take things is quite open. Is this meant to be an end of campaign reward, or a jump into Epic play ?

Aaaaaaand Title edit =D

Well I've never tackled Epic play, so it may be fun =P

Part of me wants to prompt them to counter invade Hell as Divine Rank 0 Gods, but I wanna keep as much DM prompting/plot hooks/railroading to a minimum at best.

Skysaber
2013-04-04, 04:59 PM
Part of me wants to prompt them to counter invade Hell as Divine Rank 0 Gods, but I wanna keep as much DM prompting/plot hooks/railroading to a minimum at best.

Generally, any time you want PCs to go somewhere, steal something they want and have the thief flee where you want them to go. Provided the thief is a leader in the place he flees to, so could be expected to have serious defenses, standard tactics call for them to either sneak in or invade, and which they pick depends largely upon which they feel is more likely to succeed.

So, describe the enemy stronghold as being covered wall to wall in imps, or something not a serious threat in a stand up fight but sure to sound an alarm if a stealthy type tries entering, and provided the PCs have a decent army, you've got a decent chance for your counter invasion to happen without anyone feeling railroaded.