PDA

View Full Version : Builder's Block: I Need Something "Awesome and Hilarious"

zoobob9
2013-04-04, 07:22 PM
I'm building a villain for my friend's group. I was told to make him "Awesome and Hilarious."

The campaign is a sea campaign, and this guy is the head of the marines. He's an Amphibious Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale too. Lots of watery goodness.

ECL 9, he has 6 more class levels. I'm having a hard time thinking of which class to put him into. Beastmaster crossed my mind, but that would be relatively weak. Any ideas, playground?

I don't need a level by level build per se, but just some hilarious but still functional classes that this guy can go into, preferably no/slight casting.

EDIT: My friend suggested Hulking Hurler. He won.

Pally din
2013-04-05, 12:50 PM
Balen whale? Bard, for the songs. Or Marshal, refluffed more bardic. Though you might also have to look for something (feat, magic item) to extend the range. Anyway, I think a whale singing to good effect is funny, and it is already a whale so that kinda already covers the awesome part. I think it is nice when the BBEG can use henchmen better than normal long before the party can get to him.

Toy Killer
2013-04-05, 01:22 PM
Aye, Lad. Lemme tell you the tale of Om-Nom Nom...

Of the coast of Quiratto, their is a tribe of Orcs whose grand shaman preaches them to be that alike a Shark. Brutal, hungry and savage, they swim in packs. Merciless and barring any kind of civility.

These Orcs have changed over the many years, able to breathe under water as fresh as the spray and swim with webbed fingers. excitable to no end, it doesn't take much for them to break out into a frenziful bloodlust.

The Shaman has lived for a long time, or so it's told. Some claim that their shaman connects to the primal raw hunger of nature, other say he has made pacts with devils for power, but the true nature of it? He innit the shaman of generations past. Every so many years, The shaman picks up a group of acolytes to teach the ways of the shark, and one lucky lad is devoured, claimed to be too weak to bear the true power of the shark.

But it's all a ruse, The lad is never devoured. No, he's bitten all right, but not devoured. Om-Nom Nom gives him the curse he had given to him by the previous Om-Nom Nom. Taught ancient techniques bestowed from hell or fey or sheer will tis'elf, he takes the next 10 years teaching the lad to be him. switching himself out for apprentice to get him used to being Om-Nom Nom.

What happens to the old one, ye ask? He leads a headstrong assault against any which foundation he can, looting and celebrating and risking life and limb into the forefront. If he doesn't die on the first raid, he continues on to the next and next again. and when he finally passes, he is taken back to the tribe, sent his body adrift to sea and the young shaman swims up to take the role, disguised as Om-Nom Nom. A perpetual cycle to fool the masses of his people into thinking they were following an immortal shaman, when all of 'em gits are following the longest practical joke we 'ad ever heard of...

(Water Orc Were-shark, +3 LA, with 6 Levels of Glaivelock, one invocation should be Baleful Utterance [Him eating whatever needs be destroyed] and another should be the + Diplomancer Invocation [I can't think of the name, but it would be fluffy]. With this, you give the players a strong chance of revealing the whole ruse and sending the Orcs into disarray. Otherwise, a port getting run over by a Streetshark screaming Om-Nom Nom! Is just too funny outside of the table top)