PDA

View Full Version : Custom RPG Beta Testers Needed!

metabolicjosh
2013-04-04, 09:29 PM
I have been working on a RPG for some while now, and i would like to start a one shot game to check my balance. Please send me a message if you would like to play a game.

Furthermore if you would like to help create content for the game, send me a message with the subject "Solaris".

Metabolicjosh

Grinner
2013-04-04, 09:43 PM
My interest is piqued, but more details are needed.

First, where are you running it? Will it be a PbP, IRC, or Skype game?
Second, what kind of game do you intend to run? Have you got a setting planned?
Third, will you describe the system itself? What mechanics are you particularly proud of? What was your goal when you designed the system?

metabolicjosh
2013-04-04, 09:53 PM
1. The game will most likely be done in a thread, or over Skype.
2. The setting will be Low Fantasy. And its a Small Mission.
3. I am proud of how the game is balanced so far. Furthermore when in the basic design stage I decided to start with damage and build the health system around it. this resulted in a very nice relationship between damage and health. Unlike some RPGs...cough D&D 3.5.... Cough....

Blueiji
2013-04-04, 09:59 PM
I'd love to help playtest this.

Do you plan to post the rules here, or can we only receive them via message?

metabolicjosh
2013-04-04, 10:03 PM
I am in the process of making a Word.Doc that has the rules in it. I will email the relevant parts to the beta testers. I would like you to send me a message so that i can keep a list of who to send my email.

I will decide when the game is based on how many people opt in.

Just to Browse
2013-04-04, 10:58 PM
I'd read your ruleset and tell you what things need work, but I'm not keen on participating in a playtest where I'm not told all the relevant rules.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2013-04-05, 01:17 PM
I'd read your ruleset and tell you what things need work, but I'm not keen on participating in a playtest where I'm not told all the relevant rules.

Seconded. I'd be happy to look over the rules and give you some thoughts and suggestions, but I'm not up for another game right now.