PDA

View Full Version : Imbued Summoning ideas

herculesftw
2013-04-04, 10:18 PM
"When you cast a spell from the summoning subschool, you can choose to grant the summoned creature the benefit of any spell of 3rd level or lower you can cast that has a range of touch. You cast the spell you wish to grant the creature (using a prepared spell or a spell slot) at the same time you cast your summoning spell. The creature gains the benefit of the spell when it appears.
An imbued summoning spell uses up a spell slot one level higher than the spell's actual level."
with arcane thesis for whichever summoning spell you may want to use this feat with, give me some fun ideas for what 1st-3rd lvl spells to cast in conjunction with the summoned creature ie, colossal fiendish spider the spell fly when you cast it lol

TripleD
2013-04-04, 11:11 PM
Summon Archon + Phantasmal Decoy (Complete Divine)

Granted the Archon's will save makes this unlikely, and this doesn't technically qualify since it is not a touch spell, but if you happen to feel like building a summoner ranger, you can recreate the opening from Robocop by creating a fiend illusion (visible only to you and the archon) in the exact location of a hapless NPC.

Archon: Infernal denizen! You have one more warning to drop your weapon!

Joe Farmer: ... are you talking to me?

Archon: This is your final warning! DROP THE WEAPON!!!

Joe Farmer: Seriously I don't know what you're talking about!

Archon: Yaaahh!!! *Hack* *Slash* *Disapperaing Illusion*
Archon: Gods I hate this plane

Magnera
2013-04-04, 11:29 PM
Summon Archon + Phantasmal Decoy (Complete Divine)

Granted the Archon's will save makes this unlikely, and this doesn't technically qualify since it is not a touch spell, but if you happen to feel like building a summoner ranger, you can recreate the opening from Robocop by creating a fiend illusion (visible only to you and the archon) in the exact location of a hapless NPC.

Archon: Infernal denizen! You have one more warning to drop your weapon!

Joe Farmer: ... are you talking to me?

Archon: This is your final warning! DROP THE WEAPON!!!

Joe Farmer: Seriously I don't know what you're talking about!

Archon: Yaaahh!!! *Hack* *Slash* *Disapperaing Illusion*
Archon: Gods I hate this plane

This^

Perhaps, Dragon Ally with Invisibility or some other random shenanigan?

ericgrau
2013-04-05, 12:31 AM
Displacement
Blindsight
Arms of Plenty (Lords of Madness): +2 1d6 primary claw attacks
Fly
Scorpion tail (Races of Eberron): 2d6+str tail, may stun

Abusive ways using spells with long casting times:

Glyph of warding: 5d8 damage to an enemy or any 3rd level or lower spell targeting the enemy or a square near him
Soul charge: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20040818a Cast it several times to store a bunch of charges so that your wands and staffs don't expend any.

killem2
2013-04-05, 07:18 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-137090.html

Still not sure if I will pick it up. I might.