PDA

View Full Version : Bladed Werewolf Question

GutterFace
2013-04-05, 08:48 AM
Ok so in a level 5 campaign (start point) i am DM'ing; i had out players face off against a man (werewolf) that was robbing someone else.

the Rogue got bit and failed the save and became a werewolf (willingly of course)

now he reached level 6 and took the Multiattack feat (fine)

now he had a question i need some advice with:

he wanted to take ALL of the hidden blades from Complete Scoundrel, they say its a move action to activate them, and they incur a -2 to hit penalty.

1) does the Multi attack feat negate the -2 penalty; or does it compound therefore giving a character with Multiattack a total of -4 to hit with multiattacks? Also can he even do this? or do multi attacks only apply to Natural attacks?

2) can he activate ALL of the hidden blades with a move action or is activating each hidden blade a move action?

SilverLeaf167
2013-04-05, 09:15 AM
1) Yes, the Multiattack feat only allows you to use your secondary natural weapons with a -2 penalty (usually it's -5), it doesn't affect other weapons at all. So no, he can't even do this. The feat is otherwise useful though.

2) I'm pretty sure it's a separate move action for each hidden blade, but I'm not 100% sure.

If he wanted to wield a lot of hidden blades he'd need the Multiweapon Fighting feat, which he unfortunately can't take as he only has two hands.

GutterFace
2013-04-05, 09:45 AM
Yea i figured Multi attack would only apply to Natural attacks.

Im pretty sure the rules were set up for 1 move action per 1 hidden blade. but if anyone wants to find some errata on this i would be very thankful

SilverLeaf167
2013-04-05, 10:29 AM
Taking a closer look at the book, it plainly says "Activating a hidden blade requires a move action." In general language, and even more explicitly in D&D, that's clearly singular. I checked the errata too and it doesn't mention the hidden blades at all. So yeah, one move action per blade.