PDA

View Full Version : The stupider lich.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-04-05, 02:37 PM
Hey making a character here that is an awakened zombie and want to know if there is a class out there that can animate, buff undead, debuff living, and/or bestow random increases (HP, AC, ability scores, DR, FH, SR) without knowing much or any magic. There is blackguard, but other than that I would like a class homebrew or otherwise that will meet that criteria.

Thank ya kindly. :smallsmile:

hamishspence
2013-04-05, 02:43 PM
Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror) is a full caster- but with a very limited list. That could be thought of as "not knowing much magic".

Warlocks (Complete Arcane) have access to animate dead, various debuffs, and an even more limited range of magic.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-04-05, 02:52 PM
I am aware of those and they make good back ups, but I will clarify further I am looking to be very melee centered because of low mental stats other than doing enough necromancy to create some backup zombies to flank (hopefully as a supernatural class ability so my ability scores don't drag me down). My other party members can't be trusted to flank cause they would not be good at it, and my character would not trust them cause he just has his emotional issues.

hamishspence
2013-04-05, 02:54 PM
A cleric could have high Wis, but two other very low mental stats.

And is good melee too.

"Glaivelock" warlocks (with the Eldritch Glaive invocation) can also be good up close.

Analytica
2013-04-05, 03:02 PM
Spellstitched undead, maybe? Get necromancy SLAs tattooed on?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-04-05, 03:23 PM
Those sound good, not cleric really because my wis is kinda low, but still the other two are good.