PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding Multiweapon Fighting

Nameless408
2013-04-05, 03:00 PM
Howdy guys :) This is my first official GITP forum post EVAR! I've been perusing this site for tips n tricks for a while now and only recently discovered (in a box under my bed) the courage to actually make an account and join the discussion :-D

I know the forums have guidelines for where to post what, but in my limited exploration I was not sure where "Pathfinder" questions would go. So, general chat it was.

On to the question!

---

How does Multiweapon Fighting really work? I was reading the (fabulous) "Summoner's Handbook" on these forums (Making a Pathfinder Summoner, obviously) and it mentioned a "Kali" build, which is basically an Eidolon with a plethora of arms/hands each holding a simple weapon.

I get the idea, but I don't see anywhere in the rules where it explicitly demonstrates that having more arms actually gives you more attacks. Two-Weapon fighting (TWF) mentions offhand attacks, but that tree only lets you go up to 3 or so offhand strikes.

Is it assumed that an extra pair of limbs (with handheld weapons) grants you additional offhand attacks? Where might this be printed in any rulebook?

NOTE: My DM is using most of the Pathfinder material but we are not branching out much from there. So the Core, Advanced, and Ultimate books are what we're using.

NOTE: I'm familiar with how natural attacks work. This is NOT a question regarding natural attacks.

TL;DR

Where in the rules does it specifically mention that having multiple pairs of arms (complete with weapons) gets more offhand attacks with each weapon?

---

Thank you for your assistance :) I'm excited to officially be a part of this community, even in such small ways as mine!

-N408

Rhynn
2013-04-05, 11:36 PM
Wrong subforum, but here we go:

From the PF SRD (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/monsterFeats.html#multiweapon-fighting)

Multiweapon Fighting (Combat)
This multi-armed creature is skilled at making attacks with multiple weapons.
Prerequisites: Dex 13, three or more hands.
Benefit: Penalties for fighting with multiple weapons are reduced by –2 with the primary hand and by –6 with off hands.
Normal: A creature without this feat takes a –6 penalty on attacks made with its primary hand and a –10 penalty on attacks made with all of its off hands. (It has one primary hand, and all the others are off hands.) See Two-Weapon Fighting in the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook.
Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.