PDA

View Full Version : 2v2 tournament

Ramshack
2013-04-05, 04:30 PM
I am currently DMing an e6 campaign. A few of the guys can't make it tonight for the regularly scheduled shennanigans so I felt like hosting a tournament for the 2 players that will be arriving. I'm thinking 3-5 rounds of 2v2 shennanigans. I was hoping to get some good character ideas or flat out steal your builds for tonight's game. They are a level 4 knight using a halberd and going AoO trip and a level 4 barbarian/ranger using a great sword. Both players are really anal with their characters and have pages of crazy items were they are located and really are ready for most anything non magical lol. Their equipment is sub par with no magical items as its a low magic campaign too.

What are your best 2 character comps to bear my players. 2 flaws allowed 1 trait allowed opponents can be to level 6. No LA classes or templates :)

laeZ1
2013-04-05, 04:45 PM
Sorry if my comment is invalid, having never played e6. In 3.5, my favorite 2man team is a Support Druid teamed up with a Master thrower. Tons of buffs on the master thrower, most notably 2 extra arms, as well as being able to heal. Originally a part of a three man team (the third man being a dragonfire inspiration bard)

If the Druid's too much of a problem (you said low magic campaign), I'd say a stunning-fist spec'd monk (specifically with the feat that lets you target their will instead of their fort), with a scout4/rogue1/ninja1.

again... never played e6 (not even sure what it stands for), sorry if my post wasted your eyesight.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-05, 04:52 PM
Sorry if my comment is invalid, having never played e6. In 3.5, my favorite 2man team is a Support Druid teamed up with a Master thrower.

As far as E6 is concerned, Master Thrower is probably out of the question, but a regular throwing-centric character is still possible.

For those unaware, E6 only goes to character level 6, after which you gain feats through XP. Most prestige classes are off the table, unless you can qualify for them before hand, as the average prestige class sets itself for entry after 6th level.

Ramshack
2013-04-05, 05:03 PM
Exactly. Thank yu for clarifying e6 for me. I like the duo concept. Thank you! I'll most likely use it tonight