PDA

View Full Version : vvery funny circumstances

Immabozo
2013-04-05, 04:51 PM
So in my current campaign, one of my party members is a gnome who has convinced a group of orcs to work for him, then built up a mercenary company under him.

Well, said gnome pulled from the Deck of Many Things several times. The last time, the entire party WOULD have been destroyed. But the DM decided to do something else. We all got transported to the Plane of Chaos and our races changed and we all leveled in a random prestige class (luckily, my character was built around the templates he had and I kept those). Said gnome changed to a pixie. My base race went from a LA 0 dwarf, to a LA 3 deep gnome, with the LA waived.

So now when we go back, I can use my Alter Self SLA to look like "Little King" (the gnome's nickname given to him by the orcs) and take over the mercenary company! (something like 15 level 8 barbarian/1 paladin orcs and another 85 level 5 characters, 1 level 15 older character who only trains and disciplines the company, with an orphanage and all making a considerable income)

And this is stealing this out from under the nose of a gnome who could, and routinely would, lie himself out of every situation, or into it, even if he did not have to.

Fates
2013-04-05, 04:57 PM
So...what level/class/alignment is this gnome-turned-pixie, and how pissed off will he be when he finds out you're impersonating him?

Immabozo
2013-04-05, 05:24 PM
we're all level 12. He is chaotic neutral, I think, dont know class, but he is very not combat oriented and I could one-shot him. He wouldn't cross me.

He might out lie me and keep their allegiance. He's very good at that. We shall see.

He'll probably think its funny, but pretend pissed. Better than losing the whole thing, like we guessed will happen

Fates
2013-04-05, 10:08 PM
I've had a LieBot in one of my campaigns before. Seems to me, if that player were playing the pixie, they'd probably tell the orcs that they'd ascended to godhood (natural invisibility). Possibly with some flashy spellcasting from your party members to get the point across. Get a whole church going. Turn a profit of millions from its evangelistic endeavors. Embezzle even more!

Yeah, that PC got old real fast in my campaign. Even when he managed to get thrown in jail, he always lied his way back out.

Immabozo
2013-04-05, 10:28 PM
I've had a LieBot in one of my campaigns before. Seems to me, if that player were playing the pixie, they'd probably tell the orcs that they'd ascended to godhood (natural invisibility). Possibly with some flashy spellcasting from your party members to get the point across. Get a whole church going. Turn a profit of millions from its evangelistic endeavors. Embezzle even more!

Yeah, that PC got old real fast in my campaign. Even when he managed to get thrown in jail, he always lied his way back out.

hmmmm, you bring up a good point. We shall see how it goes