PDA

View Full Version : How long do Orcs live?

Courier6
2013-04-05, 06:13 PM
Are there any age catergories published for Orcs? I couldn't find anything.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-05, 06:22 PM
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/additionalRules.html

It's in the 3.5 Player's Handbook, Chapter 6, and Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Also Chapter 6? They reach maturity sooner than humans, and live a little shorter overall. Account it to genetics and general orc stupidity running in their veins, albeit diminished thanks to generations of humanoid influence.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-05, 06:23 PM
Looking at the PHB, if we're assuming that half-orc is halfway between human and orc lifespans (as half-elves are between elves and humans, notably slanted towards humans), I could make a guess for you?

{table=head]Race|Starting Age|Middle Age|Old Age|Venerable|Maximum Age
Orc|13 years|25 years|37 years|50 years|+2d6 years[/table]
Mind you, this is just a best guess.

@Chaosvii7 - he's looking for full-blooded Orc, not half-orcs.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-05, 06:29 PM

Mea coulpa. I read the title and everything, and I was just like "Core solves all problems!"

But you and I both knew that it doesn't.

That said, looking at the Half-Orc's lifespan is at least a good place to start. Things like this are fairly open-ended, as monsters aren't meant to explicitly have age categories if they aren't meant to be playable, though I would imagine that they eventually did publish a table for Orcs, which are very much playable. Kuulv's table is plenty fine, though.

Grinner
2013-04-05, 06:34 PM
About five rounds, at best. :smallwink:

Jbr208
2013-04-05, 06:39 PM

I think that's a good estimate - it rings familiar in my head that there is a chart much like this one in Races of Faerun for Mountain Orcs (which are the same thing as the orcs from the monster manual.) I think that the ages are 30,40, and 50 though. AFB, or I'd confirm that.

Alleran
2013-04-05, 09:45 PM
Depends on whether the orcs in question contract a fatal case of "adventurer attack" or not. It's a highly lethal disease, and tends to result in death or worse.

Za'hynie Laya
2013-04-05, 10:49 PM
Looking at the PHB, if we're assuming that half-orc is halfway between human and orc lifespans (as half-elves are between elves and humans, notably slanted towards humans), I could make a guess for you?

Mind you, this is just a best guess.

I've wondered about this question myself. I plan to start using this. Now I wonder how long all those other humanoid monsters live...:smallconfused:

Squirrel_Dude
2013-04-05, 11:54 PM
About five rounds, at best. :smallwink:Wwith ferocity, you have to knock them deep into the negatives before they actually die. So it's at least 2 rounds.

12 seconds at best.

Courier6
2013-04-06, 12:07 AM
Races of Faerūn says middle aged 30, old age 40, venerable age 50. As far as I can tell there's no word on starting age. Thank you for the responses.

Amphetryon
2013-04-06, 08:44 AM
Wwith ferocity, you have to knock them deep into the negatives before they actually die. So it's at least 2 rounds.

12 seconds at best.

Unless they've been turned into a Cleric's pet Charge-monkey.

Venusaur
2013-04-06, 09:04 AM
The real question is how long Dragonborn Water Orcs live.

Zero grim
2013-04-06, 10:58 AM
The real question is how long Dragonborn Water Orcs live.

well as a PC you can live to a ripe old age of 400+ (at which point just do the dragonborn ritual again)

as an NPC, 2 rounds + the time it takes for the PC's to arrive.