PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Altercation - IC

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-05, 06:45 PM
{table=head]Character|Player|Country|Class|Style|Alignment|Zod iac
Masako Tetsukaze (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=541889)|NotScaryBats|Japan|S wordmage|Shadow Hand|Lawful Neutral|Snake
Nara Shendu (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=542151)|Kuulvheysoon|Japan|M artial Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206517)|Iron Heart|Lawful Neutral|Ox
Jun (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=542268)|Callin|Japan|Swordsa ge|Shadowhand/Black Lotus|Lawful Neutral|Dog
Natsuki Yukioka (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=542146)|Snowbluff|Japan|Mart ial Samurai|Lightless Divine Wind/Setting Sun|Red/Chaotic Neutral|Goat [/table]

Mists blaze in the light of dawn as they cling to the mountains that tower of Shimohei. For the past several months, the quiet village has been largely isolated from the troubles that plague both the region and the world. Recent weeks, however, have seen the yearly influx of pilgrims coming to visit the ruins of Kenkyona temple, a holy site formed around an early dojo of Reshar's, dating back to before his philosophies of the Submlime Way were fully developed.

As always, the pilgrims bring with them the welcome combination of empty stomachs and full purses that is the fount of the community's prosperity. This year, however, they bring troubling news as well: war on the mainland, war in Japan, bandits running unchecked in the wilderness, waves of refugees flooding across the land.

Among the throngs of pilgrims are four who came for other reasons - one, approaching from the north in hopes of finding the man rumoured to know of the texts for which he seeks, and three, approaching from the south, hoping to find him.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-05, 07:15 PM
"... So there I was, dressed like a geisha and with an old shamisen in my hands, and he says 'no, no, we're posing as couriers - not courtiers!'" Masako finishes her story with a giggle, finding the misunderstanding hilarious even after retelling the story dozens of times. The young girl is dressed usually for a traveler, with a faded kimono and a pack on her back. A sai is tucked into her obi, but she is otherwise unarmed and unarmored.

Masako Tetsukaze has long, straight black hair and dark eyes. She is quite thin and short, and stands a couple inches short of 5 feet.

The girl beams at her companions, "We made it! Now, let's find Shendu!"

Callin
2013-04-05, 07:52 PM
Jun rolls his eyes at Masako as she finishes her story. "Do you always have to tell that one?" he says in an exasperated tone. "I hope we find this man you keep telling us about soon?"

Jun stands halfway between 5 and 6 feet tall and has a slim build. Short black hair peeks out from under his Conical Hat shading his blue eyes. He wears simple travelers clothing over Ashigaru armor and carries a Wakizashi at his hip. He seems more worn than he should be for only being 17 years old.

Snowbluff
2013-04-05, 08:21 PM
Natsu nods her head appreciatively and smiles at Masako.

Natsu stands between the other two in height. The female ronin is wearing a cloak over her clothing. While she is wearing no visible armor, the clink of metal is heard from under her tightly drawn keiogi. A sword is strapped to her waist, and it is a little undersized for it's supposed role. Overall, she appears fine, but this facade fades upon closer inspection. Her hair is tied back, but stray strands are apparent. Many knots are tied in entirely different fashions than others. Her eyes have barely visible backs under them. Older than the other two, she tries to act as their voice of wisdom, despite her conflicting values.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-06, 12:03 PM
Masako looks around at the gathering crowds of travelers and pilgrims. "I'd forgotten about this - there's a lot of cool stuff to check out while we're here! We should start at the Inn over there, I think I remember this town having some famous pastry or something like that. " The peppy young girl skips off towards the building she indicated, her tummy already rumbling.

Callin
2013-04-06, 02:37 PM
Jun looks at Natsu. Shrugs his shoulders and lets out a soft chuckle. He follows Masako into the Inn.

Snowbluff
2013-04-06, 03:10 PM
Natsu shrugs as she looks back at Jun, mimicking the gesture. She follows closely behind Masako.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-07, 11:44 AM
As the trio approach the indicated building, the crowds thicken around them; pilgrimage season always overtaxes the local infastructure. However, a number of itinerant merchants have set up stalls along the street, several with shorter lines (and more questionable goods) than the pastry shop.

Callin
2013-04-07, 12:37 PM
Jun rests a hand upon his sword casually and his other hand upon the pouch at his side.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-07, 03:57 PM
Several people in the crowd shiver as Jun walks past, and a few of them look at him with fear and distrust before quickly averting their gaze.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-07, 03:58 PM
The tall stranger walks into town from the north, briefly saluting the guard standing at the gates. Although his weather-stained gear has clearly seen better days, it's obvious from a look that the garments are of a high quality. That, and his noble bearing, are clear signs that this man is a noble, likely a minor member.

More than a few of the citizens are taken aback by the enourmous weapons he wields - a whole trunk of a small tree is strapped to his back, and a katana nearly five feet long is attached to his obi at one hip, with a small, woven braid connecting the other side to his opposite hip.

His leather bag is hanging under his shoulder, and it is stamped with a crane superimposed over a crescent moon. He looks around the town for a moment before opening his pack and pulling out a scroll. He references it for a moment, head flicking up and down as he skimmed the rows of kanji, before he rolls it back up and replaces it in his bag.

"My contact said that I was to meet him at the Golden Carp Inn. It should be just a few blocks further."

NotScaryBats
2013-04-08, 12:51 AM
Masako scowls at the more obvious travelers as they spurn her friend Jun. "get over it will you!"

Turning to her friends , she smiles and says, "I've never understood why people are like that around you, I think you're wonderful.

"Maybe we should check out the dojo - after we've had some world famous pastries - maybe Shendu went there to find what he's looking for?" The girl buys four pastries - one for her, each of her friends, and one for Shendu. She walks as she talks, eating on the way.

Callin
2013-04-08, 08:18 AM
"Masako wait." says Jun eyeing the Inn "We just got here. Cant we just stay here for awhile?"

NotScaryBats
2013-04-08, 02:08 PM
"Wha? Oh, haha, there I go again..." the excitable girl says, smiling. "Yes, we should enjoy our pastries and maybe get to know the lay of the land a bit before we jump out and explore! We've been walking all day; maybe resting my feet would be a good idea too."

Masako takes an unoccupied seat if there is one available. She keeps her eyes peeled for interesting looking strangers and of course, for Shendu. Mostly, she eats her pastry, giggles, and chitchats inanely.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-08, 03:25 PM
As he walks down the centre street, Shendu pauses to pick up a paper blowing in the light wind. "Best pastries in the Shirong Valley?

With a shrug, he heads off in the direction of the Golden Carp, the location coincidentally printed on the flyer. He pauses for a second to scan the crowd before moving on. Failing to see anyone wearing a purple cloak, he shrugs and heads for the bar.

OOC - Shendu's contact should be wearing a purple cloak. FCM, it's up to you whether or not to take this yarn and spin it.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-08, 05:34 PM
Shimohei is a very small town, and most of the buildings - other than personal residences, and the dojo itself - are located along the same street. It isn't long before Masako spots Shendu, walking down the street in her general direction.

Elaborate on the contact, what you know about him, etc, in the OOC thread. Feel free to be pretty liberal in what you make up.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-09, 03:30 PM
An impish smile creeps across Masako's face. She slinks off towards her quarry, making use of the people of the crowd to hide her approach. When she is within striking distance, the girl tumbles into flanking position with ninja like reflexes and strikes!

hide [roll0]
Tumble [roll1]

Attack w Clinging Masako Strike vs touch ac

Masako hugs her old friend and exclaims, "Shendu San!"

Snowbluff
2013-04-09, 03:35 PM
Recognizing Masako's movement, she moves in to complete the flank. She appears ready to draw for a surprise attack, but she makes no motion to do so. Her stance relaxes slightly when she hears Masako's words.

Callin
2013-04-09, 04:24 PM
Seeing his two friends maneuver tactically into the crowd takes away Jun's focus from the wonderful taste of the pastry he is devouring.

Shifting his focus onto the crowd he starts to search for the cause and his eyes fall upon a man with an overtly large stick on his back. Remembering back to Masako's stories he knows it can only be one man.

Finishing his pastry he stands and walks towards them then stops abruptly and starts fits of laughter as he sees the flying form of Masako wrap around the man in joy.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-09, 08:52 PM
"Masa-chan! It is good to see you again. I would say that I hope you've kept yourself out of trouble, but that is a forlorn hope. How are you?" Briefly holding her in the air, he releases her back to her feet and spies the two strangers behind his young friend. "And I see that you have acquired some companions. I am known as Nara Shendu, samurai daimyo of the Crane Clan. May I have your names?"

Snowbluff
2013-04-09, 09:03 PM
Natsu merely bows, leaving any introduction to her friends.

Callin
2013-04-09, 10:20 PM
Jun gives Shendu a slight bow at the waist but really nothing more than a head nod. "I'm Jun and it's good to finally meet you. Masako has told us both alot about her time spent in your company." Jun starts to look around at the crowd "We should hurry up and get back to our table before we lose it."

NotScaryBats
2013-04-10, 01:02 AM
Masako continues to grin, "Hisashiburi, its been a long time! Are you taking good care of the sword? How's it treating you?

You should meet Natsu and Jun; she doesn't talk much, and people act weird around him, and they're my best friends. We were looking for you, but did you finish your quest yet and can we steal you for an adventure?" Masako yammers on as they move back to their table. She offers Shendu the pastry she bought for him.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-10, 04:43 PM
Shendu graciously accepts the treat. "I would be gladdened to quest with you, if only you would allow me to complete an errand of my own, first. And my blade?"

Shendu took the sheath from his obi and drew the first few inches of the blade. Onlookers gasped at it's jade hue, and Shendu lightly placed the napkin that had surrounded the treat on top of it. With only a hint of force, the blade smoothly sliced through the paper.

"It is serving me as well as the day you forged it, Masa-chan."

NotScaryBats
2013-04-10, 06:00 PM
The young girl laughs triumphantly, proud of her work and happy to reunite with an old friend. "So what's next? Are you here to see the old dojo?"

Callin
2013-04-10, 06:19 PM
"Im highly impressed" says Jun as Shendu showed off his blade "I should have gotten Masako to craft mine."

Snowbluff
2013-04-10, 06:24 PM
Natsu shoves her sword a little more out of view.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-10, 06:29 PM
"As you may remember, Masa-chan, I am looking for a series of texts left by my clan's founder, the legendary samurai Tetsuo Masao. One of my contacts has brought to my attention the identity of someone who may know of their location 70 years ago. Once I have found this man, I will be free to aid you in your quest."

Shendu quickly scans the market, hoping to see a tea vendor to replenish his dwindling supply, as well as looking for the purple-cloaked man.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-11, 07:39 PM
There are a couple of stalls that seem to be exclusively selling tea to the assembled pilgrims; however, as of yet, no sign of the purple-cloaked man.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-11, 07:52 PM
To Jun's comment, Masako grins and shrugs, "Like I've told you, once I find the right materials -- one's that say something about you -- I can make you something special. I'd rather make one weapon like this than a hundred like this one," the young blacksmith indicates the impressive blade of Shendu first, then her own, comparatively simple sai second.

"Oh, right, I remember that now! So, this guy has lived here for seventy years? That's a long time, so this sleepy little place (I know it doesn't look sleepy or little, but there are only like fifty permanent residents) anyway, this sleepy little place is the kind of village where everyone knows everyone so -- I mean -- what's the guy's name and we can cut out the middle man!" Masako speaks seemingly without taking a breath, gesturing and talking to everyone at once.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-11, 08:52 PM
"I am afraid that I do not know the informant's name. I was told to meet a purple-cloaked figure at the Golden Carp Inn in Shimohei. They would be able to tell me what I wish to know." Shendu looks more than a little frustrated at the lack of information, but knows that if this tip pays off, he'd be a long way towards finding the texts.

"Perhaps if you" (gesturing at the trio) "aided me in finding him, I may be able to find him faster."

NotScaryBats
2013-04-12, 02:08 PM
"Well sure! But maybe next time get his name, huh?" Masako says unnecessarily, misunderstanding how Shendu came to be meeting this informant in this town.

She looks around for a moment, then bounces to her feet, "you're sure it was today you were supposed to meet the guy -- did you talk to the lady who runs the inn to see if a message was left for you -- and what about that guy? That's more of a burgundy I guess, though, huh..."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-12, 11:54 PM
"I have just arrived in the village, actually. I have not yet had time to search it. Masa-chan, if you could take your friend... Jun? there and ask the innkeeper, I can take this young lady here to see if he is at the shrine."

Shendu set a heavy hand on Natsu's should and gave her a nod of his head.

Snowbluff
2013-04-12, 11:59 PM
Natsu

Natsu give a panic looked at Masako before going along with Shendu.

Callin
2013-04-13, 09:32 AM
"Well lets get to it I guess" Jun says as he stands and adjusts his clothes.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-13, 03:38 PM
The town's inn is just down the street a little ways, and is one of the largest buildings in Shimohei; nonetheless, there is a small crowd camped outside it, and a short line of people stretching out from the front door.

As Natsu and Shendu start to climb the hill towards the shrine, the crowds actually thicken; shortly above the town someone has set up a small stage, and an impromptu tournament of sorts seems to be taking place. A glance across the assembled fighters would indicate that most of the experienced combatants are forgoing this particular test of skills, but a small Vietnamese man makes easy work of his opponent as they pass, hurling him from the stage within the first seconds of their bout.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-13, 04:21 PM
Masako nods reassuringly to Natsu, then goes along with Jun to the Inn. Not really wanting to wait in line, the sneaky girl tries to access the insides without the line, seeing if there is a sitting area or what.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-13, 04:54 PM
A couple of hotel functionaries are watching over the sitting area; however, there does seem to be an unguarded terrace on the second floor of the hotel, around the far side of the building.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-13, 08:10 PM
Shendu approaches a random person in mob surrounding the stage.

"Excuse me, sir? Could I ask you what is happening here?"

Shendu continues to keep a close eye on Natsu, making sure that she doesn't drift too far off in this crowd of strangers.

Callin
2013-04-13, 09:21 PM
Using the bustle of the crowd Jun makes his way to the Unguarded Terrace. Looking around for Masako and catching her eye Jun starts to make symbols with his fingers.

Hide Check to make my way to the Unguarded Terrace without being noticed [roll0]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-13, 09:44 PM
The man turns to face Shendu, bowing briefly before returning his attention to the stage, where another fighter has stepped up and is circling with the same Vietnamese man. "Some people didn't want to wait for the official Demonstrations to start, so they set up a stage and are having little sparring bouts," he says, watching for a moment before speaking. "All of the real fighters are staying out of it, though. That guy's the only one who knows what he's doing."

Back in the Villiage, Jun is easily able to make his way beneath the terrace - however, it is still several feet above his head.

Jump, climb or both.

Callin
2013-04-13, 10:07 PM
Leaving behind a faint wisp of shadow, Jun disappears, and reappears up on the terrace as he steps out of some shadows.

neither. I use Shadow Jaunt. I also try to rehide [roll0]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-13, 10:10 PM
Jun moves himself through the shadows and onto the terrace; however, the door to the inn itself is closed and appears to be locked. There seems to be an open window further along the wall, however.

The moral of this story is that Jun really, really hates waiting in line.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-13, 10:45 PM
"Natsu, would you like the honour of showing this man a true opponent, or shall I?"

Shendu seems offended that the man is taking pride in his victories over clearly inferior warriors.

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 12:06 AM
Natsu thinks for a moment, eying Shendu's sword. She shakes her head, and steps in front of him. She walks up the area where the fights take place.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 06:08 PM
The Vietnamese man wears a big and friendly smile on his face, and bows politely to Natsu as she approaches before taking his place at the far side of the stage.

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 06:32 PM
Natsu

Natsu bows slightly.

How do you want to do this?
Also, this guys isn't nice. Sense Motive [roll0]
Init if I need it [roll1]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 06:58 PM
The stage is fairly small, 20X20, and contestants start in opposite corners.; the general rule for events like this is that the first person to be dropped or knocked off stage loses. It's a friendly bout, so it'll cause problems if you actually kill him (But, remember the HP rules we're using - anything above 0 is just wearing down his defences, once you actually knock someone to 0 you can choose to go for a mortal wound or just "Defeat" them.)

He seems perfectly friendly. (There may have been some confusion - the guy talking earlier was just someone from the crowd. This guy is a little odd for participating in a contest that seems to be beneath his level, but it isn't that unusual.)

Init: [roll0]

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 07:10 PM
Natsu

Natsu settles into a strong stance before stepping into her opponent. She taps him in the shoulder.

Mighty Throw
Touch Attack [roll]1d20+7[/quote]
Trip [roll0]

I'll follow up with Iaijutsu Mizuchi if he succeeds.

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 07:11 PM
Dammit:
Touch [roll0]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 07:31 PM
The man grins wide as he steps forward, rapidly closing the distance to Natsu, his leg moving to lock with her own as he attempts to throw her from the ring.

Touch Attack: [roll0]
Trip Attempt: [roll1]

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 07:33 PM
Natsu

Natsu attempts to deflect the attack.

Sense Motive Versus Attack [roll0]
Strength [roll1]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 07:39 PM
The man offers the opposite of resistance as Natsu tries to defend herself, and she finds herself twisted away from him and launched forward, her own momentum carrying her away and off the stage, landing heavily on the ground alongside it.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-14, 10:25 PM
"Natsu-san!"

Shedu quickly pushed his way through the throng of people surrounding the stage and tried to clear some space for her to catch her wind again.

"You are... alright, yes?"

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-14, 10:46 PM
"She's fine," the Vietnamese man says, hopping down from the platform. "Not like we haven't all taken our share of falls."

He glances up, the smile never leaving his face as he looks Shedu up and down. "If she likes, I'd be happy to offer her a rematch on open ground. Might make for more interesting show."

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 11:44 PM
Natsu

Natsu ignores the tiny man. She looks a little more than miffed, but she gets up and looks at Shendu. She ***** her head curiously.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-14, 11:46 PM
He smiles sardonically.

"That looked to be a mighty fall. But I have something that might help. Might you consent to a cup of tea before we rejoin your companions?"

Snowbluff
2013-04-14, 11:49 PM
Natsu

Natsu shakes her head and turns away.

NotScaryBats
2013-04-14, 11:55 PM
Masako approaches the hotel functionaries, "Excuse me! I am looking for a guy in a purple cloak -- has anyone either passed by like that or maybe left a message for 'Shendu?'"

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-14, 11:56 PM
"No matter. Not everyone can understand the simple pleasure of a cup of well brewed tea".

Shendu turns to the little Vietnamese man.

"May I request a bout with you, stranger? It has been more than a few weeks since I last fought, and I do not wish to grow out of practice."

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-15, 12:02 AM
The man bows again. "Of course. Would you rather we fight on stage, or on open ground? I fear the stage has given me an unfair advantage, thus far."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-15, 12:07 AM
"I do not have a problem down here. Countrymen, if you could clear a space?"

Shendu waited for the villagers to clear a wide area before dropping his greatclub and advancing a few paces.

"Since I have selected the field, the Terms of Engagement are yours. Bushido demands no less of me."

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-15, 12:15 AM
The crowd presses back, leaving an open half-circle along the path; about twenty feet away from the fighters the cleared ground gives way to thick brush as the hill slopes steeply downward.

The man nods. "Very well; this fight shall go until one or the other of us is soundly defeated; there will be no penalty for moving or being driven from the field."

The man glances around, taking a few long steps back, moving about twenty feet away from Shendu. "Begin where we stand now, and start when the announcer gives the signal?"

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-15, 12:25 AM
Shendu merely quirks an eyebrow as he sets his belt pouch and bag alongside his club.

"Indeed."

He then draws his blade, its' jade hue catching the sunlight, and holds the blade near his face, pointing it directly at his opponent with his other hand extended straight out in front of him. His stance tenses, seeming to draw strength from the mountains surrounding the valley as he awaits the signal.

Engage in a Duel of Wills. Intimidate check (if necessary) of [roll0]

Swift action to initiate Roots of the Mountain stance.

Callin
2013-04-15, 04:53 PM
Looking out among the crowd from the Terrace Jun searches for the purple cloaked figure.

Spot Check [roll0]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-20, 04:43 PM
The Vietnamese man nods once, politely, but while he eyes study Shendu, he makes no attempt to meat the challenge there.

The crowd holds its breath for a tense moment before the announcer brings his hands together, clapping once to signal the start of the fight.

He chooses to ignore the challenge, so... I think that's a +1 morale bonus for you?

Initiative: [roll0]
Something Else: [roll1]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-20, 04:46 PM
Jun gets a decent view of the assembled crowds; while snatches of purple are visible here and there, he sees nothing matching Shendu's description.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-21, 10:59 AM
Initiative roll: [roll0]

If Shendu loses Initiative:
Stays in place, waiting for the attack.

If Shendu wins Initiative:

Shendu carefully closes the distance before placing his off-hand on his blade and whipping it around in a powerful blow.

Move: move 20ft to be adjacent to the Vietnamese man
Swift: re-initiate Roots of the Mountain (as he's moved more than 5 feet, breaking it)
Standard: full Power Attack Emerald Razor -

(to hit)[roll1] (versus Touch AC)
(damage, if necessary)[roll2]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-04-21, 07:30 PM
The man winces, thrown off balance by Shendu's attack, his fists already raised in defence but making no attempt at counterattack as he withdraws rapidly, moving nimble into the bushes nearer the slope of the hill.

He withdraws into the thick undergrowth (difficult terrain) - 40 feet away from Shendu, the last 20 of such difficult terrain.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-03, 08:00 AM
Shendu sheathed his sword again and forming the flames with his hands, breathes deeply for a heartbeat. He then places on hand on the guard of his weapon and calls out. "Perhaps we should have set a physical perimeter to this duel, friend. Otherwise I'm afraid that you shall run away, and I shall never see you again."

Full: Refresh Maneuvers
Free: Talking

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-03, 04:59 PM
The man grins back from the bushes, keeping his guard up but calling back. "Have no fear, I don't intend to run that far... but I think I already know who will win, if we fight on open ground."

Snowbluff
2013-05-09, 04:43 PM
Natsu

Natsu feels a disturbance in the force. She keeps a close eye on the small man, hoping to pick up some new strategies.

Callin
2013-05-09, 10:41 PM
Not seeing the man he was looking for Jun decides to head back inside. Climbing down the side of the inn and then making his way to the front and just walking up to the door.

Still using Dance of the Spider to climb down.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-10, 06:06 PM
The line has grown significantly shorter by this point, and Jun is able to make his way to the desk within a few short moments.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-10, 06:16 PM
Steeling himself, Shendu cautiously makes his way toward his opponent, mindful of the thick bushes.

Double Move: 20 feet regular, 5 feet of undergrowth (total equivalent: 30ft

Swift (after move): Re-initiate Roots of the Mountain stance

Callin
2013-05-10, 07:40 PM
Jun walks up the desk "Excuse me. A friend of mine is expecting someone as is wondering if any messages have been left for him"

NEVER FRIGGEN GD MIND FRIGGEN DICE ROLLER

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-12, 01:32 PM
The little man grins as Shendu steps onto the difficult terrain, rushing up to him as once more he goes for a throw.

Touch attack - [roll0]
Trip Attempt = [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]

If he succeeds, he throws Shendu 10 feet further along the hill, plus another 5 feet for every 5 points he wins the check by. Damage only applies if Shendu gets thrown, of course.

...also, I need to go sit down and think about the fact that I built a Setting Sun blademaster who doesn't have Improved Trip. :smalleek:

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-12, 01:34 PM
The innkeeper glanced up at Jun, her tone polite as she responds. "Of course. What is your friend's name?"

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-12, 07:22 PM
Nearly faster than the eye can see, Shendu whips out his katana and blocks the little man's reaching hands with the flat of his blade. With a glimmer of a smile on his lips, he brings the blade around as he attacks his opponent.

Resist trip:

Standard: initiate Emerald Razor (full Power Attack)

Touch attack: [roll]1d20+6
Damage roll (if necessary): 2d8+14

I just realised something... Improved Trip would only add to your roll if you were using the Strength option, not the Dexterity one. Neat.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-12, 07:36 PM
Bloody Hells, apparently you can't edit in a new roll. Lesson learned.

Standard: initiate Emerald Razor (full Power Attack)

Touch attack: [roll0]
Damage roll (if necessary): [roll1]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-12, 07:42 PM
The man dodges nimbly aside from Shendu's blade, the same grin never leaving his face as he presses forward, going once more for a throw.

Eh... I know that improved trip says "Strength" check, but it was written at a point when trip attempts were *always* strength checks. Since I don't see any reason why that sort of training/focus wouldn't work just as well either way, I'd allow it to benefit Dex checks.

Also. Touch Attack [roll0]
Trip attempt [roll1]

This time if he succeeds, you get thrown 10 feet and fall prone, but no damage.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-12, 07:50 PM
He grimaces as the man dodges his blade. He again evades the man's hands while swinging his blade around for another pass.

Resist trip: [roll0]

Standard: (regular) Attack
To hit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Mind checking to see if I wrote my AC correctly? I count the general AC bonus as an armor bonus - right?

Callin
2013-05-13, 03:19 PM
"Thank You his name is Shendu." Jun says fidgeting his feet under the kindness of the Innkeeper.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-13, 10:41 PM
Again the little man ducks aside from Shendu's blade (though only just barely, this time,) his fists lashing out in quick response.

Attack[roll0]
Damage [roll1]

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-13, 10:43 PM
The inkeeper nods to Jun, checking some records from beneath her desk. "Ah... yes. The man said he's helping to perform some ceremonies at the old Dojo, up the hill. Your friend should be able to find him there."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-17, 08:10 AM
Easily dodging the blow, Shendu plants his feet and swings once more.

Standard: Initiate Stone Bones

to hit: [roll0]
damage (if necessary): [roll1]

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-17, 08:15 AM
Crit confirmation: [roll0]. If confirmed, double damage to 24.

Snowbluff
2013-05-17, 08:46 AM
Natsu winces. That had to hurt!

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-18, 12:45 AM
The man twists awkwardly in an attempt to avoid the incoming blow, leaving Shendu with a momentary opening.

Go ahead and "Defeat" him (or kill him, if you'd rather, but I suggest against it.)

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-18, 08:35 AM
With a massive overhead slash, Shendu pulls the blade right before it would have hit the man, unbalancing him and causing him to fall to the ground. Twirling the blade, he quickly takes a step back and sheathes it. He then extends his arm towards the man, offering him a hand up.

Callin
2013-05-18, 08:19 PM
"Thank you very much. I shall go find my friend now" says Jun as he bows.

Jun walks out the door to the inn and starts to search out Shendu

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-19, 03:08 PM
The little man grins, accepting Shendu's offer of aid and returning to his feet. "You are a difficult man to knock down, my friend," he says, stretching and twisting. "I am fortunate most fighters are not like you."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-27, 11:38 AM
"I believe that we are both fortunate, my friend. If I had not learned at the base of Mount Asagitatsu, you would have had me. May I learn the name of my most honourable oppponent?"

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-28, 10:31 PM
"My name is Lin Moon," the man responds, twisting from side to side, stretching his sore muscles from the fight. "And yours? And your companion's?"

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-28, 11:42 PM
"I am Nara Shendu of the Crane Clan, and this is my small companion, Natsu."

Shendu makes his way over to his dropped pack and collects it, along with his greatclub (which he securely stores in it's holster on his back).

Snowbluff
2013-05-28, 11:43 PM
Natsu crosses her arms and raises an eyebrow when she hears the word "little".

Callin
2013-05-30, 08:22 PM
Jun searches through the crowds looking for his new friends

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-05-31, 10:40 PM
Jun sees the other two, a little ways up the path, amongst a slowly dispersing crowd.

"It is an honour to meet you," Lin replies, bowing slightly in the direction of Natsu. "I take it you are both here for the pilgrimage?"

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-02, 11:59 PM
"No, that appears to be a fortuitous coincidence. I am here, in fact, to look for a certain person that it was... suggested I meet here. Perhaps you've see them - Purple cloak, Golden Carp Inn?"

Callin
2013-06-03, 07:31 PM
Jun walks up to his two companions and stands next to Shendu awaiting the proper time to speak up.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-06-03, 09:43 PM
"Yes... I believe I saw him in the crowd earlier, unpleasant look about his face. For a while I thought he might challenge me, but instead he just moved on up the mountain."

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-03, 11:28 PM
"Really? It must have been a stroke of luck to meet you, then. We should likely go and meet him, then... unless you'd like a duel with Master Lin, Jun?"

Callin
2013-06-05, 11:18 AM
"No thank you. I believe we should get on with your business." says Jun and he bows to the other man.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-06-07, 09:00 PM
With a nod of his head to Jun, Shendu bows to Lin Moon, one equal to another, before shifting the weight on his bag and flowing into the crowd, making his way to the temple.

FreakyCheeseMan
2013-06-08, 09:49 PM
The crowds grow thicker nearer the temple, and you find yourselves having to weave through a press of people before the building even comes in sight. The temple, for its part, is remarkably modest, consisting of a single stone structure with a shrine built into the front wall, a long line of petitioners queued up before it.