PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ardent Spearfighter/Fighter Gysh? .... Pretty complicated. Help please!

Feint's End
2013-04-06, 04:42 AM
So I have been playing around with the idea of a character focusing on fighting with a spear (or just in general with a spear .... doesn't have to be completely focused) and since I now have the chance to finally use one in a very open campaign I realized I'm a bit clueless how to build the fighter.

Not only am I clueless how to finish the fighter but I also have some important additions I want to make to this character and they are what I really want from the concept .... actually they are my mainthing when I think about her but I want to make it work with a spear.

So the two things:
-Has to be an Ardent (I don't care about dips but I want to have 10 Levels in here for Dominant Ideal and all together at least 17 Ml to reach 9th Level Powers)
-Second point is somewhat more complicated... See ... I hate heavy armor and using anything heavier than Mithralchainmail is a pain in the *** for me (Might get convinced to use Mithral Breastplate) and also I'm not happy about the lack of good skills in the Ardent list so I was thinking about going human with Able Learner (I don't like to play human but in this case it's the only solution I came up with) and dipping into another class with lots of skills.

Some things I came up with
-Going 2 Level Swordsage for wisdom to ac, 2 Level Psywar for Feats
-1 Level Monk for Monastic Training and taking Tashalatora, 2 Level Psywar for Feats (could also take Weaponfocus from Conflict Mantle and Pole Master to count Longspear as Monkweapon and Flurry with it)

In general I'd like to focus on Action abuses. Schism, Synchronicity, Linked Power, etc etc. So that might be a source of dmg.
For mantle I'd like to use: Freedom, Time, Fate +1 (Dominant: Freedom or Time I guess but open for suggestions)

Please help .... I really have no clue how to go from here. Also I'd like to deal decent damage and aside from charging and Power attacking I don't know. Deep impact might be a way.

Feint's End
2013-04-06, 11:37 AM
selfbump and also I wanted to tell you what I came up with so far

Level 20: 1 lvl Cobra Strike Monk / 2 lvl Psywar / 10 lvl Ardent / 7 lvl Elocator
Human

Start is Level 3

lvl 1 cobra strike monk; dodge, mobility, able learner, linked power [one more feat here]
lvl 2 Psywar; Psicrystal Affinity
lvl 3 Ardent with Freedom and Time mantle; Practised Manifester (Ardent)

Powers known: Psywar: Expansion // Ardent: Dimension Hop, Synchronicity

from here on:
lvl 4 Psywar; Psi. Med.
lvl 5 Ardent: Fate mantle
lvl 6 Ardent; Spring Attack
lvl 7-13 Elocator
lvl 14-20 Ardent

For weapon I use a Naginata now ... fits the style of the character.

Any ideas on which feat to take at level 1? Power Attack? I'm still looking for an effective way to deal dmg aside from Elocator and using extra Standardactions through Synchronicity :/ but I'm kinda afraid I won't get a good enough"too hit" to make good use out of Power Attack (also just 3/4 bab)

I'm grateful for any suggestions!