PDA

View Full Version : Sever Spell

Yogibear41
2013-04-06, 05:07 PM
I was reading this 3rd party monster book, and it references the spell sever, however I can't seem to find the spell anywhere does anyone know where it might be or what it does? The book was for 3.0 and not 3.5 I believe so that might be part of my trouble, as my PHB and other such books are mostly for 3.5

Shadowknight12
2013-04-06, 06:51 PM
There's a Sever Legacy spell, from Weapons of Legacy, though I doubt that's the one you're looking for.

Couldn't find another mention of that spell in my google search, so it's probably an obscure 3.0 third party spell.

Yogibear41
2013-04-06, 07:15 PM
I was afraid of that, I get the feeling from the name of the ability and how its worded that it somehow cuts off a divine caster from their spells or something to that nature, and it appears to last for days because the person who is affected by it gets a will save everyday til he gets rid of it.

Shadowknight12
2013-04-06, 07:24 PM
I was afraid of that, I get the feeling from the name of the ability and how its worded that it somehow cuts off a divine caster from their spells or something to that nature, and it appears to last for days because the person who is affected by it gets a will save everyday til he gets rid of it.

I found this in another forum, with the new information you provided:

You may be thinking of sever, a 7th level spell usable by druids, wizards, and sorcerors from Relics & Rituals.

Is that the one you needed?

Callin
2013-04-06, 07:35 PM

You may be thinking of sever, a 7th level spell usable by druids, wizards, and sorcerors from Relics & Rituals.

The spell does do that but requires CONCENTRATION for the effect to stay in place. Once you stop they regain contact.

Yogibear41
2013-04-06, 07:44 PM

Probably, Don't have that book but looked it up online and they are by the same 3rd party company.

Thanks for the help, I'll have to see if any of my friends have it.