PDA

View Full Version : How to update a Aleithian dwarves to 3.5?

CyberThread
2013-04-06, 06:17 PM
How do folks think we could change this to 3.5 , as we no longer have attack and defense modes?

Aleithian Dwarf Traits (Ex): Aleithian dwarves possess the following racial traits.

+2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma.
Medium size.
A dwarf's base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
Darkvision out to 90 feet.
Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn't stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. An aleithian dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as though actively searching and can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. An aleithian dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.
+2 racial bonus on Will saves against psionics, including psionic combat. *Not reflected in the saving throw numbers given here.
+2 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison.
Aleithian dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Craft skills related to crystal, metal, or stone. (These bonuses are included in the stat block.)
Light Sensitivity: Aleithians are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.
Psionics (Sp): 3/day -- ectoplasmic repair, finger of fire. Manifester level 1st; save DC 1d20 + key ability modifier + power level.
Attack/Defense Modes (Sp): 3/day -- ego whip/empty mind.
Automatic Languages: Dwarven and Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Terran, and Undercommon.
Favored Class: Psion or Psychic Warrior; determined at character creation.

gurgleflep
2013-04-06, 06:52 PM
As far as I can tell, they'd work in 3.5.
They seem pretty well balanced, but more powered than most typical races.
This (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20030926a) may help you out a bit. I don't know exactly what you're wanting to change or do with it.

Edit: I just saw the attack/defense throws tidbit on the post you made and the link I sent you. I've never heard of either, so... maybe just ignore them and take them out? :smallconfused: I'm sorry I can't be of more help then this :smallfrown:

CyberThread
2013-04-07, 11:46 AM
Yeah maybe just make it part of the 3/day or put it down to 1/day and give them racial PP

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-07, 12:22 PM
As far as I can tell, they'd work in 3.5.
They seem pretty well balanced, but more powered than most typical races.
This (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psb/20030926a) may help you out a bit. I don't know exactly what you're wanting to change or do with it.

Edit: I just saw the attack/defense throws tidbit on the post you made and the link I sent you. I've never heard of either, so... maybe just ignore them and take them out? :smallconfused: I'm sorry I can't be of more help then this :smallfrown:

It's from the 3.0e Psionics Handbook (Not the Expanded Psionics Handbook). It was... a mess, to tell you the truth. I could homebrew something similar (and I probably will), but we should really get (AKA wait for) Psyren's opinion (being the resident Psionics expert that he is).

gurgleflep
2013-04-07, 03:12 PM
It's from the 3.0e Psionics Handbook (Not the Expanded Psionics Handbook). It was... a mess, to tell you the truth. I could homebrew something similar (and I probably will), but we should really get (AKA wait for) Psyren's opinion (being the resident Psionics expert that he is).

I agree with the idea of waiting for Psyren to aid in the cause. I've not personally dealt with him - at least not that I can recall - but I've seen quite a few posts from him and like what he's said. He's most helpful.

Will you be posting the homebrew in homebrew, or as another post/edit to a post made on this one?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-04-07, 03:30 PM
I agree with the idea of waiting for Psyren to aid in the cause. I've not personally dealt with him - at least not that I can recall - but I've seen quite a few posts from him and like what he's said. He's most helpful.

Will you be posting the homebrew in homebrew, or as another post/edit to a post made on this one?

If necessary, I'll tack it onto the end of this thread here. It's less homebrew and more of an unofficial update.