PDA

View Full Version : Initiative tokens

Agrippa
2013-04-07, 12:05 AM
I'm looking for free token print outs for tracking initiative. Does anyone here want to help?

Notreallyhere77
2013-04-07, 11:53 AM
Never mind the PM. Here's the link: http://dnd4.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/initiative.pdf

Agrippa
2013-04-07, 01:03 PM
They're nice, but not quite what I was looking for. I'm thinking more like each player gets a certain amount of tokens next their character sheets based on initiative. Then they all remove one token each until one player has no tokens left and can act. Then the other players continue removing their tokens until its their turn(s).

SowZ
2013-04-07, 02:12 PM
They're nice, but not quite what I was looking for. I'm thinking more like each player gets a certain amount of tokens next their character sheets based on initiative. Then they all remove one token each until one player has no tokens left and can act. Then the other players continue removing their tokens until its their turn(s).

Hmm. It is fairly clever for a mechanic, but as for initiative, I see it taking far more time than typical initiative tracking techniques. Or, say, dealing out cards to those with the best initiative. It sounds like it will take more time than it saves.

But if you are set on it, why not use flat marbles or, shoot, anything, really?

king.com
2013-04-07, 07:59 PM
Hmm. It is fairly clever for a mechanic, but as for initiative, I see it taking far more time than typical initiative tracking techniques. Or, say, dealing out cards to those with the best initiative. It sounds like it will take more time than it saves.

But if you are set on it, why not use flat marbles or, shoot, anything, really?

Get a bag of jelly beans, you eat them as you use up your initiative.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-04-07, 09:33 PM
Get a bag of jelly beans, you eat them as you use up your initiative.
I love this so much.