PDA

View Full Version : 800k gold and custom items

Kazyan
2013-04-07, 12:13 AM
834k, really. We're epic and we iust got this much each, totaling 2.5mil and change. We had our WBL of 975k before this. I don't know how much more to buy. Help.

I'm a gestalt DFI Bardblade Glaivelock thing by the way, and the party's frontliner. I have a homebrew feat that makes Eldritch Glaive count as a wepon so stuff like DFI will work, so no nitpicks. My first purchase will be updrading my Vest of Resistance to +5 (I got killed by an advancdd epic dragon this session; got better because of Ring of True Ressurection), but then, I don't know.

Our group is ridiculously liberal with the custom item rules, so what I'm basically saying is: suggest to me some powerful custom items, possibly very very expensive ones. Most of my immunities are covered.

Fyermind
2013-04-07, 01:19 AM
At will item of wings of cover or greater celerity.
At will item of timestop. With metamagic if you can afford it.

Felandria
2013-04-07, 01:33 AM
Can you buy wands of spells with metamagic already applied?

Kazyan
2013-04-07, 04:45 PM
At will item of wings of cover or greater celerity.
At will item of timestop. With metamagic if you can afford it.

I already have a wand in a wand chamber for Wings of Cover, and a Wand of Celerity. We think alike...as for Time Stop, I think that would accrue the x10 epic multiplier and put it out of our purchase zone.

Re: metamagic wands. No idea.

Fyermind
2013-04-07, 10:01 PM
An appropriately priced item of continuous wraithstrike (if melee) or a quiver of use activated arrowsplitting (if archery based).

Seer_of_Heart
2013-04-07, 10:06 PM
I already have a wand in a wand chamber for Wings of Cover, and a Wand of Celerity. We think alike...as for Time Stop, I think that would accrue the x10 epic multiplier and put it out of our purchase zone.

If you add some cost reduction then it becomes affordable. Ask your DM if you can commission one made by someone that can use cost reductions and have it made for certain classes only(yours). I'm pretty sure that then makes it so the *10 multiplier doesn't apply

herrhauptmann
2013-04-08, 12:30 AM
Can you buy wands of spells with metamagic already applied?

It would raise the levels of the spells, putting them over 4th after the metamagics. That takes away a lot of the spell/metamagic combos you might want. Technically could use reducers too, but not likely to find someone able to do a maximize fell drain arcane thesis magic missile or whatever.

tyckspoon
2013-04-08, 12:42 AM

Re: metamagic wands. No idea.

Metamagic'd Time Stop would hit the Epic barrier; Time Stop alone would not, and would be more than useful enough as an at-will or use/day item without any extra adornments.

Useful loophole: AC bonus (other) and Save Bonus (other) will never suffer the x10 multiplier- there is a very specific list of what incurs that penalty, and it only calls out Natural Armor, Armor, Deflection, and Resistance bonuses. So you can make a Widget of Luck +10 to Saves and that's still only 200k gold (also, strictly speaking, this is a non-Epic item, so you don't have to have Craft Epic Wondrous to make it.) Useful thing to keep in mind if you need to buff up some of your basic numbers- make Wondrous Items with alternate bonus types. Don't buy an actual Epic Item if you can help it.

Incorrect
2013-04-08, 01:42 AM
Is your BAB max?
otherwise an item of continuous Divine Power

Continuous/at will Shapechange to a Solar or whatever you feel like atm.

Du you have your own private demiplane yet?(not shared with those smelly/obnoxious/backstabbing teammates)

Wings of Peace
2013-04-08, 02:31 AM
Buy a fully armed magical flying fortress via Stronghold Builders Guide and use it as leverage in conversations.

Kazyan
2013-04-08, 07:56 AM
If you add some cost reduction then it becomes affordable. Ask your DM if you can commission one made by someone that can use cost reductions and have it made for certain classes only(yours). I'm pretty sure that then makes it so the *10 multiplier doesn't apply

The cost can be reduced by, what, 40%?

Metamagic'd Time Stop would hit the Epic barrier; Time Stop alone would not, and would be more than useful enough as an at-will or use/day item without any extra adornments.

Useful loophole: AC bonus (other) and Save Bonus (other) will never suffer the x10 multiplier- there is a very specific list of what incurs that penalty, and it only calls out Natural Armor, Armor, Deflection, and Resistance bonuses. So you can make a Widget of Luck +10 to Saves and that's still only 200k gold (also, strictly speaking, this is a non-Epic item, so you don't have to have Craft Epic Wondrous to make it.) Useful thing to keep in mind if you need to buff up some of your basic numbers- make Wondrous Items with alternate bonus types. Don't buy an actual Epic Item if you can help it.

Neat. Maybe I'll craft one, since I have a Chameleon dip, or just buy one since I don't know how much time we have. I also need to shore up my saves, so enchanting +luck to saves would be worthwhile. My AC is 11, though, so it's not worth the bother.

Is your BAB max?
otherwise an item of continuous Divine Power

Continuous/at will Shapechange to a Solar or whatever you feel like atm.

Du you have your own private demiplane yet?(not shared with those smelly/obnoxious/backstabbing teammates)

BAB is two below max. Continuous Shapechange would be...interesting, but not likely I could by one. And our demiplane is shared among the party, but they're all Evil and it's where they kep their undead...I think I should get my own.

Buy a fully armed magical flying fortress via Stronghold Builders Guide and use it as leverage in conversations.

Muhahaha. Prismatic-walled flying fortress is a useful demiplane replacement. Fly and burrow speeds...definitely a fun toy, and I can hide below ground.

Nagukuk
2013-04-09, 02:19 PM
4 Slotless Belts of battle (12,000x2)x4 = 96,0000 down 738K left to spend.:smallcool: