PDA

View Full Version : Stacking Upon Stacking

Ipuntmidgets
2013-04-07, 04:36 AM
I have looked at the mystic theurge and Fochlucan Lyrist and i was wondering if i could use the the spellcasting levels gained from Fochlucan Lyrist and put either one or both spell casting levels into mystic theurge and essentially gain extra spell casting levels from it. Example: Cloistered Cleric 3/Druid 1/Wizard 3/Fochlucan Lyrist 1/Mystic Theurge 3 equivalent Wizard Spellcasting level (EWSL) is 8 and the Equivalent Cleric Spellcasting Level (ECSL) 7. Would this work by continuing Fochlucan Lyrist levels and gaining an extra either wizard or cleric spellcasting level? and if i can or cant then could you give me references to why.

thethird
2013-04-07, 04:38 AM
Mysthic theurge doesn't grant spellcasting (it advances it) so it is not an spellcasting class and thus not a valid class to be advanced by class features that advance spellcasting.

Andezzar
2013-04-07, 07:16 AM
There are very few ways to advance dual-casting beyond the PrC that grants advancement to two types of casting. I'm only aware of the Legacy Champion.

IdleMuse
2013-04-07, 07:19 AM
Uncanny Trickster does it, too. Complete Scoundrel.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-07, 09:40 AM
Prestige Bard casting advancement can be advanced via Lyric Thrumaturge.

This is because Lyric Thurmaturge states:

At each level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known) as if you had also gained a level in the bard class. You do not, however, gain any other benefit the bard class gives you.

This means that every Lyric Thurmaturge level can advance Prestige Bard casting by one level, which then advances a third class' casting by one level.

By taking exactly 3 levels of Prestige Bard, one level of Sublime Chord and then 9 levels of Lyric Thurmaturge advancing Prestige Bard advaning Sublime Chord, you get a Bard, with 9ths and Lyric Thurmaturge goodies.

KillingAScarab
2013-04-07, 11:09 AM
By taking exactly 3 levels of Prestige Bard, one level of Sublime Chord and then 9 levels of Lyric Thurmaturge advancing Prestige Bard advaning Sublime Chord, you get a Bard, with 9ths and Lyric Thurmaturge goodies.I really do not see why you espouse the third level of prestige bard as being important. I have looked at this multiple times, but I see no reason why you need to lose a level of spellcasting to gain inspire competence. Now you're advocating taking it and rather than the 10th level of Lyric Thaumaturge?