PDA

View Full Version : Warforged as cyborgs?

CIDE
2013-04-07, 02:51 PM
Alright, so I've been wondering as I poke through a few D20 books and the stuff from D20 Future: Cyberscape got me thinking. Could someone without any crazy rules lawyering (we'll say a custom setting that has Warfoged) be able to jump a fleshy character into a warforged body? Whether it's a literal brain transplant, possession, binding a person's soul into a warforged body, etc?

I pretty much just ask in the event whatever DM I'm using wouldn't let me use the Golemtech rules from Cyberscape. Plus, the social impications of a ghost (willingly or not) stuffed into a golemish body seems pretty cool for certain settings to see the in character drama play out.

Thiyr
2013-04-07, 04:11 PM
This could do it fairly easily. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/mindSwitchTrue.htm)

Cerlis
2013-04-07, 04:20 PM
Considering the possible power of a ghost....

A Golem is made by binding an elemental to a crafted body.

It would make sense that you could achieve the same thing by binding a soul

basically what a lich is

Tvtyrant
2013-04-07, 05:01 PM
A Grisgol is a Lich soul bound to a golem body, so it appears that you can use souls to power golems.

A_S
2013-04-07, 07:40 PM
Also of note, although it doesn't explicitly make you a Warforged, the Renegade Mastermaker PrC class basically gives you more and more Warforged parts over 10 levels until eventually you gain the Construct [living construct] type and subtype, and you can use Warforged grafts. So, cyborg.

Gnorman
2013-04-08, 07:55 PM
I don't see why not. (http://venturefans.org/vbwiki/Ghost_Robot)

Starbuck_II
2013-04-08, 08:55 PM
A human Steamborg (D20 class from Dragonmech) could look like cyborg.

Ravens_cry
2013-04-08, 09:57 PM
One refluffing I considered (with some minor rule changes as well) for a 'verse where they aren't common was to have them be incredibly ancient golems that had gained sentience though sheer breadth of experience.
Zombies and skeletons could gain a similar sentience, as represented for player characters by a modified necropolitan template applied whatever race they were in life.

Waspinator
2013-04-09, 12:36 AM
Yeah, Dragonmech has steampunk cyborgs.