PDA

View Full Version : Ready, Aim, Fire (Round 2) (The Godfathers Legacy)

Silkenfist
2006-11-19, 12:20 PM
The sun sets behind the horizon of the vast vineyards of Vicenze Manor. Its last rays of light are reflected and fractured by the windows of the luxurious mansion while a caravan of black limousines rolls up the long twisted road towards the house. As it has been done for decades, the current Godfather of the Sicilian Mafia has claimed the honors to host the annual meeting of the Capo Crimine, the heads of the most important families. Salvatore Vicenze, the overboss of them all, has spend his lifetime uniting the families and putting an end to rivalries and turf wars. The last years have passed without conflicts, which has brought La Familia back to their full strength.
As every year, Vicenze offers his guests a sumptous dinner before debating matters of business. As every year, he has chossen his most loval guardsmen to watch over the Manor and its inhabitants. But this year, something is different. One of the younger guards has been browbeaten by the Yakuza. They abducted his family and gave him a fatal order. He leaves his post and snucks into the Manor.
Inside, Vicenze has just appeared at the table and - warmly greeted by his guests - toasted on the recent success of the mafia. But as he stands there with a raised glass, he wonders when he notices how his guests, facing him, suddenly draw their weapons - before being gunned down from behind by his own guard. After dispatching the traitor, the Capos rush to Vincenze but they can't help him anymore. The head of the Sicilian Mafia has just been assassined without naming a successor to his position. Slowly the Capos realise this - This and the fact that they are here on their own without their muscle. They back away from each other and draw their weapons once again...

How does this game work:

1) Each round, each player sends me a message with his action.

2) There are three possible actions. Shoot yourself, shoot in the air or shoot someone else.

3) Shoot in the Air: This has no effect on you, anybody else or anybodys action.

4) Shoot yourself: If you shoot yourself and noone else tried to shoot you, you die.
4a) If you shoot yourself AND at least one other player tried to shoot you too, you remain alive and all assailants die instead.

5) Shoot someone: You have to specify a certain player that you want to shoot. You shoot that player and they die
5a) Exception: If your victim has tried to shoot itself, you die instead (See 4b)

6) After each round, the survivors are put together in a new standoff and the next round ensues. This continues until there is only one player left.
6a) If all players die simultaneously in one round, that round is repeated.

7) One round will last for about 48 hours, with each update there will be a deadline for your submission.
7a) Players who don't submit an action within the deadline are treated as if they shot the air.
7b) Players who don't submit an action twice in a row are removed from the match.

8) You can't join during a match but once a winner has been determined, there will be a new match with new signups

9) Don't take games too seriously and have fun.

Registration for the round is now open and will end on Tuesday 6 PM Eastern. Register by replying here.

Previous Winners
Round 1: DarkLightDragon (14 contestants)

Contestants
Alarra
Santino Faerwinigi
B-Man
Don Herman
Beta
evnafets
Atreyu the Masked Llama
DarkLightDragon

Alarra
2006-11-19, 12:51 PM
I would like to play.

faerwain
2006-11-19, 01:12 PM
Your doing an offer I can't refuse...Santino Faerwinigi is in.

B-Man
2006-11-19, 01:19 PM
I'll join. B-Man wants to have some fun!

Lord Herman
2006-11-19, 01:26 PM
You can put Don Herman on the list.

Beta
2006-11-19, 03:25 PM
shoot me!
shoot me!
ehm
i mean :

Pick me!
pick me!

evnafets
2006-11-19, 04:12 PM
Count me in.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2006-11-19, 05:36 PM
I wanna bring the violence!

faerwain
2006-11-19, 05:53 PM
Anyone else already looking forward to the Don Corllamaone avatar? :smallwink:

Silkenfist
2006-11-20, 12:25 PM
Please note that you aren't automatically put into the next round. You will have to register each time.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-21, 05:02 AM
Oooooooo! I won! I won! Put me in for round 2! Wheeeee!

:smalltongue:

Lord Herman
2006-11-21, 04:08 PM
Congratulations, DLD. Next round, I'll shoot you first.

Silkenfist
2006-11-21, 06:34 PM
Time passes as the Capo Crimine of North Americas most dangerous families are engaged in a deadly face-off. The place of Capo de Capi is within their grasp - as long as none of the others survive. A quick shootout seeming too risky, they slowly retreat to the windows and the hallways, hoping to off the other contestants safely.

Contestants: 8
Alarra
Santino Faerwinigi
B-Man
Don Herman
Beta
evnafets
Atreyu the Masked Llama
DarkLightDragon

Round 1 begins now and lasts 48 hours. Please submit your action as quickly as possible.

Beta
2006-11-23, 05:45 AM
Congratulations, DLD. Next round, I'll shoot you first.

unfortunately, DLD now knows that Herman is going to shoot DLD, so DLD is gonna shoot himself to kill Herman.

fortunately. Herman now knows that DLD knows that herman is going to shoot him, so herman won't shoot DLD so that DLD will kill himself

unfortunately, DLD now knows that Herman now knows that DLD knows that herman is not going to shoot dld, so DLD is going to shoot DLD.

fortunately, Herman now knows that DLD now knows that Herman now knows that DLD knows that DLD is going to shoot Herman, so Herman is going to shoot himself to kill DLD

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-23, 06:44 AM
:smallconfused:

filler! filler!

faerwain
2006-11-23, 06:56 AM
fortunately, Herman now knows that DLD now knows that Herman now knows that DLD knows

Honey, I believe our Beta is playing too much with this Thog kid.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-23, 06:58 AM
*headdesk*

Lord Herman
2006-11-23, 08:46 AM
You know, shooting DLD makes things overly complicated. I'll just shoot Beta instead.

edit: Are we allowed to confuse the other players by posting who we're going to shoot?

Cathrindir
2006-11-23, 09:09 AM
Ooh, yay! Shooting other members of the boards should be fun! Sign me up.

Silkenfist
2006-11-23, 11:25 AM
@Cathrindir: This round is closed, but as soon as they are finished killing each other, a new thread will be going up for another round

@all: Trash-Talk is absolutely supported. Keeps the topic up, you know?

Beta
2006-11-23, 11:51 AM
You know, shooting DLD makes things overly complicated. I'll just shoot Beta instead.

you could, but now I know that you're going to shoot me, so I'll just shoot myself to save myself and kill you.

unfortunately, Herman now knows that Beta knows that herman is going to shoot him, so herman won't shoot Beta so that beta will kill himself

fortunately, ...etc...

Lord Herman
2006-11-23, 02:59 PM
Hmm, I've been drawing a bit too much attention here. Someone is bound to shoot me this round. Maybe I should just shoot myself.

Silkenfist
2006-11-24, 06:31 PM
Not waiting anymore.

Santino Faerwinigi and Enzo Evnafetso are so intimidated by the sudden outbreak of brutality that they abandon their hardiness and cower into a closet doing nothing. Meanwhile in the carpark of the mansion, the two nonhuman crime chiefs, similarly awestruck by the recent events, come to the conclusion that life actually is not worth living anymore. The masked mafia Llama and the Darklightdragon run a hose from the exhaust pipe to the cabin of a cadillac, then go inside to inhale the deadly carbonmonoxyde.
B-Uomo also plans to kill himself rather than have anyone else do this. Calmly, he goes up the roof to enjoy the view before leaping towards the unyielding concrete of the patio. What he doesn't know is that several Capos positioned themselves on the roof in order to abuse the high ground. He arrives on the rooftop and steps towards the edge, when he suddenly notices that his shoelaces had become undone. Now we all know that a cultivated appearance is essential to a Capo, even in death; so he bends down. This sense of culture saves his life, as from the side of the rooftop Signore Beta had just unleashed the might of a rocket launcher, he found somewhere. The missile misses the arched back of B-Uomo and continues onwards towards the chimney where Donna Alarra took cover to assassinate. Alarra, knowing that she couldn't possibly get away quick enough, tries at least to send a last shot towards her target with her trusted Beretta 92. However, this shot also goes over the kneeling B-Uomo and hits Don Herman instead, who was just aiming for the face of the ducked Capo. The impact of the 9 mm rounds, however, causes him to pan his tommy gun around, which in turn causes a volley of bullets towards the ususpecting Beta.
B-Uomo doesn't see anything of this actually. While tying his shoelaces, he is surprised by a series of gunshots and a dull explosion. When he gets up to investigate, he finds not only the dead bodies of three contestants on the ground below but also a smoking limousine. With his odds dramatically improved, B-Uomo decides to adjourn dying and look for the last survivors.

Dead: 5
Alarra
Don Herman
Beta
Atreyu the Masked Llama
DarkLightDragon

Alive: 3
B-Man
evnafets
Santino Faerwinigi

Once again, you have 48 hours to submit actions.

faerwain
2006-11-24, 07:42 PM
:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: I've seen movies with worse scripts.

Great description again, but did my PM got lost in digital Nirwana? I intended to do some action, but as I actually survived( and Don Herman managed to get shot without my help :smalltongue: ) I don't mind much.

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-25, 12:05 AM

At least Herman's dead.

*cheers for B-man*

Lord Herman
2006-11-25, 04:50 AM
Dammit! People aren't supposed to shoot themselves!

You know, I had already sent my PM to Silkenfist before telling everyone who I was going to shoot...

DarkLightDragon
2006-11-25, 07:06 AM
I figured that I might get shot anyway due to my winning the first round...

B-Man
2006-11-25, 10:04 AM
Huzzah! My plan worked! :tongue:

I mean...
My plan didn't work. There was no plan.:amused:

Silkenfist
2006-11-26, 07:00 PM
With only three of the Capo Crimine alive and all of Vicenzes guards fleeing, a brutal end has become inevitable. B-Uomo, who has witnessed the clumsiness of hin contestants, has abandoned his suicidal thoughts and begins to search the manor for suitable weapons. In a broom closet on the second floor, he notices a luminescent case. As he opens it, the Capo hears the remote singing of angels...
Meanwhile in another closet, Enzo Evnafetso and Santino Faerwinigi realize that they are not dead and the house around their has become uncannily silent. Could it be that they are the only ones alive? Could it be that disposing the other would grant each of them victory? Both conclude to take their chances and simultaneously draw their pistols, pointing them at each other's cranium...
Only three yards above them, B-Uomo has just shouldered the flamethrower, good ol' Vicenze has been hiding in one of his closets. With the five corpses outside and him on the prowl, there would be a maximum of two opponents to track down and eliminate. But there is no need to haste; better raid the closets now before the adversaries are able to use them. B-Uomo finally steps down to the ground floor to inspect the last closet. He opens the door and is surprised by the other two Capos. The lifeless bodies of Enzo Evnafetso and Santino Faerwinigi fall out of the closet, each clutching a handgun and each having his skull cracked by the explosive might of a 9 mm bullet. Looking down at his defeated enemies, B-Uomo joiously notices that there is no opposition against him as overboss anymore. He ignites a bonfire on the corpse of Enzo Evnafetso, then leaves the place to claim his new place in La Familia...

B-Man wins Round 2 of Ready, Aim, Fire!

Registration for Round 3 starts...now! Look out for the thread.