View Full Version : Favored Enemy E6

Yogibear41
2013-04-08, 02:17 AM
I know its generally campaign specific, but assuming just a standard campaign with not alot of one particular enemy over another, what would be the optimal choice for choosing favored enemies in an E6 game? Solely for damage output and disregarding any bonus to bluff and since motive for dealing with npcs.

I'm thinking that outsiders and dragons would probably be poor choices, and potentially constructs because I don't think one would run into those as much at the lower levels.

Also would probably shy away from undead if a cleric happened to be in the party.

Kol Korran
2013-04-08, 02:34 AM
I'd say magical beasts or giants. both are fairly common, and have high enough hitpoints. Abberations might also be nice, but that depends on how much your DM like to use the weird stuff. I do belive they are less common than the above choices.

Humanoids (campaign specific recuring humanoid) might also be useful, but very specific.

dascarletm
2013-04-08, 02:50 AM
Magical Beast is always a solid choice. Undead never hurt either, because then you make up for the lack for precession damagers lack of... damage.

TypoNinja
2013-04-08, 02:59 AM
I'm thinking the Arcane Hunter ACF from complete Mage pg32 is your best bet.

You gain favored enemy that amounts to 'Anything that casts arcane spells' Probably get the most mileage out of that.

Anything else is probably going to be a little too dependent on campaign specifics.

limejuicepowder
2013-04-08, 05:49 AM
I favor undead, especially for swift hunter builds. Swift hunter allows skirmish to apply against any of your favored enemies, even if they are normally immune. Undead is also a much broader category than any on the humanoids, and is bound to show up at some point in basically any campaign.

Yora
2013-04-08, 06:32 AM
Magical Beast will be very useful in pretty much every imaginable campaign. Also humanoids, if you are allowed it, or Monstrous Humanoids.

ArcturusV
2013-04-08, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I'd think Humanoid would be a good place to look at. I mean level 1-6, you're bound to run into a lot of them. Humanoid (Goblinoid) is a good bet since it should cover everything from Gobbos at level 1-2, to Bugbears towards the higher end.