PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Replacement Character in Progress

Jbr208
2013-04-08, 02:56 AM
I am currently playing a Dragonborn (from Lesser Aasimar) homebrew cleric variant. I am also believe I am going to die soon as the party is at low health and short on resources amidst a group of Tiamat cultists.

My character is a melee bruiser, and is going down the road to Zilla-hood (Zilla-dom?). So the replacement, for the sake of party comp, should probably be another melee. I am thinking about playing a water orc with the dark template from Tome of Magic, because I liked the idea of an orc raider for a melee character.

I'm thinking about taking a level of orc paragon to remove the light sensitivity and improve darkvision. The Elf Slayer feature is weak enough to make me ignore the 2nd and 3rd levels of the class. From there I am thinking ranger for a bit, but I am unsure of where to go from there - perhaps a couple levels of scout? I toyed with the idea of going into avenging executioner and ghost-faced killer, but am waffling somewhat on how effective he would end up being.

Thoughts on building a melee who is stealth competent?

Jeff the Green
2013-04-08, 03:07 AM
Swordsage, maybe?

Jbr208
2013-04-08, 04:09 PM
Thinking about it in the morning (and having had the dark template thrown out by the DM) here's the build I'm considering:

Orc Paragon 1/Hexblade 2/Ranger 1/Lion spirit Totem barbarian 1/Ghost-Faced Killer 10/Avenging Executioner 5. Not necessarily in that order.

The build ends up being quite stealthy, with a fairly good BAB (+18/+13/+8/+3 I believe), and the ability to frighten the greater part of a room while brutally murdering whatever significant noble and/or elf happens to be handy.

Feats:
1: Power Attack
3: Improved Initiative
Combat Style: Rapid Shot (for when I want/need to use my compound bow)
6: Improved Bull Rush
9: Shock Trooper
12: Leap Attack
15:?
18:?

The question becomes, what to do with the last couple of feats. Thinking about grabbing Improved Sunder and Combat Brute for the follow up round to the original charge/terror inducing murder. My concern though, is that by the time I get them the feats aren't nearly as useful as they might have been in another build.

Thoughts?

Also: I appreciate the swordsage suggestion, I am simply unsure about it's use with only a few levels and a lower wisdom character.