PDA

View Full Version : True Mind Switch

herculesftw
2013-04-08, 06:25 AM
So, if I true mind switch a pit fiend, could I then True Mind switch someone else, would that make them a pit fiend? then kill off the first switched body(telepaths body prior to 1st true mind switch) to negate the level loss, given 20k exp is a lot regardless. Pretty much want to Call/bind pit fiends and take their bodies to slowly make my party all Pit fiends lolz. Nar Demonbinder, telepath, and then another spell caster to curse the shiz out of the pit fiend.

Ashtagon
2013-04-08, 07:02 AM
So, if I true mind switch a pit fiend, could I then True Mind switch someone else, would that make them a pit fiend? then kill off the first switched body(telepaths body prior to 1st true mind switch) to negate the level loss, given 20k exp is a lot regardless. Pretty much want to Call/bind pit fiends and take their bodies to slowly make my party all Pit fiends lolz. Nar Demonbinder, telepath, and then another spell caster to curse the shiz out of the pit fiend.

Let's see if I understand this...

At the start we have:

telepath in telepath's body
Bob in Bob's body
pit fiend in pit fiend's body

mind switch with pit fiend:

pit fiend in telepath's body
Bob in Bob's body
telepath in pit fiend's body

mind switch with Bob:

pit fiend in telepath's body
telepath in Bob's body
Bob in pit fiend's body

At this point, you have cast the spell twice (20k xp). If you now kill the pit fiend in the telepath's body, you're hoping that no PC will lose a level?

Personally, I'd rule that both you and Bob would lose a level; you because you retain a psychic link with your original body that was just slain, and Bob because the pit fiend body he is in retains a psychic link with the pit fiend mind that was just slain.

And yes, I know RAW would say only Bob would risk losing a level this way in the above scenario.

Jack_Simth
2013-04-08, 07:32 AM
That's... pretty much RAW, yes.

herculesftw
2013-04-08, 08:24 AM
sweeeeeeeeeeet. I just think it would be hilarious to walk into an inn as a Pitfiend, and with the most generic sounding accent, ask for a beer please. Then sit down and play a card game with your friend, the solar LOL