PDA

View Full Version : my first ooze !!!

smoke prism
2013-04-08, 08:55 AM
Hello playground I present to you the first ooze I have ever made.A general review of the mechanics would be nice, but most of all I need help with skills because I know that they are mindless, so are they entitled to skills?
I also need help with help with the mechanics for the mercury lookalike ability.
Also for those that wounded were the oozes acid ability, I got ride of the acide ability for the ablity to poison there enemys with effects that simulates the effects of mercury poisoning.

Quicksilver ooze
Tiny ooze
Hit dice: 2d10+10 (21 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 20 ft
Initiative: +4
Armor Class 16 (+4 dex,+2 size), touch 16, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple + 1/ -7
Standered attack: slam+3 (1 pluse poison )
Full-Attack: slam+3 (1 pluse poison )
Space/Reach: 2.5 ft/o ft
Special Attacks: poison
Special Qualities: ooze traits, mercury lookalike
Saves Fort+5 Ref +5 Will +o
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 20, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills : (????)
Feats: -
Environment: urban or underground
Organization: solitary
Challenge Rating:2
Treasure: none
Alignment: always neutral
Advancement: 3-6 (small), 7-11 (small)
Level Adjustment: -

Description
The quicksilver ooze is an strange ooze that originate from underground, but quickly adapted to live in citys were it quickly became a menace to wizard s and artificer that mistake it for spilt mercury, because a quicksilve ooze at rest looks exactly like a puddle of mercury.

Combat

Poison(Ex): Injury, fortitude DC 16 or take 1d6 dexterity damage. The save DC is constitution-based.

mercury lookalike(Ex): when the quicksilver ooze has not moved for 1 round it becomes particle indistinguishable from a pool of mercury.

Evard
2013-04-08, 03:33 PM
Hello playground I present to you the first ooze I have ever made.A general review of the mechanics would be nice, but most of all I need help with skills because I know that they are mindless, so are they entitled to skills?
I also need help with help with the mechanics for the mercury lookalike ability.
Also for those that wounded were the oozes acid ability, I got ride of the acide ability for the ablity to poison there enemys with effects that simulates the effects of mercury poisoning.

Quicksilver ooze
Tiny ooze
Hit dice: 2d10+10 (21 HP)
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 20 ft
Initiative: +4
Armor Class 16 (+4 dex,+2 size), touch 16, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple + 1/ -7
Standered attack: slam+3 (1 pluse poison )
Full-Attack: slam+3 (1 pluse poison )
Space/Reach: 2.5 ft/o ft
Special Attacks: poison
Special Qualities: ooze traits, mercury lookalike
Saves Fort+5 Ref +5 Will +o
Abilities Str 10, Dex 20, Con 20, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills : (????)
Feats: -
Environment: urban or underground
Organization: solitary
Challenge Rating:2
Treasure: none
Alignment: always neutral
Advancement: 3-6 (small), 7-11 (small)
Level Adjustment: -

Description
The quicksilver ooze is an strange ooze that originate from underground, but quickly adapted to live in citys were it quickly became a menace to wizard s and artificer that mistake it for spilt mercury, because a quicksilve ooze at rest looks exactly like a puddle of mercury.

Combat

Poison(Ex): Injury, fortitude DC 16 or take 1d6 dexterity damage. The save DC is constitution-based.

mercury lookalike(Ex): when the quicksilver ooze has not moved for 1 round it becomes particle indistinguishable from a pool of mercury.

I would make it do Int damage and be attracted to pc/npc that use magic. Also you should have this ooze eat mercury and get more powerful

Make it mean! :D

Silvernale
2013-04-08, 03:39 PM
For skills I could see Climb, Stealth and Perception.. not much else.

Debihuman
2013-04-08, 03:48 PM
Mindless creatures do not get skills or feats http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#oozeType

"However, most oozes are mindless and gain no skill points or feats."

Debby