PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Warrior on TOB build?

CyberThread
2013-04-08, 03:20 PM
If you are starting at level one

Does a mineral warrior travel far on a TOB class , or sink it?

JaronK
2013-04-08, 03:24 PM
As a note, Mineral Warrior is actually a balanced template in part because it requires a high level caster to turn you into one, with a specified cost. Theoretically, you can't actually start with the template.

It would go pretty well on many TOB classes though.

JaronK

Karnith
2013-04-08, 03:26 PM
Theoretically, you can't actually start with the template.
Additionally, it's a LA +1 template, so you would generally need to be in a group with characters of at least ECL 2 to play as a mineral warrior. I'm not clear on whether or not the OP is talking about a level 1 character or an ECL 1 character, but it bears mentioning.

Mineral Warrior is pretty sweet for melee types, though.

Aegis013
2013-04-08, 03:35 PM
...it requires a high level caster to turn you into one, with a specified cost. ...

I'm having trouble finding this, is it in Underdark?

Also, Mineral Warrior template has particularly excellent synergy with the Crusader class, the DR 8/adamantine in conjunction with the delayed damage feature make the Crusader quite survivable.

KillianHawkeye
2013-04-08, 03:47 PM
I'm having trouble finding this, is it in Underdark?

It's a spell from the same book as the template. I believe it's called the mineralize warrior spell? That's where mineral warriors come from.

Aegis013
2013-04-08, 03:51 PM
It's a spell from the same book as the template. I believe it's called the mineralize warrior spell? That's where mineral warriors come from.

Ah, yes. Thank you very much, I've found it now.