PDA

View Full Version : Making a space wolf! (3.5)

Eslin
2013-04-09, 12:23 AM
So, to annoy my players (they'll find this funny) I'm making a space marine for them to fight.

Starting off with a quasilycanthrope wolf-touched (refluffed lolth-touched) human with the jotunbrud feat with clockwork armour (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a), four levels of warblade and two of warshaper.

So, what else? What other items, feats, templates or class levels should I add to represent a space marine?

Vaz
2013-04-09, 07:44 AM
Barbarian 2 with Pounce, and Improved Trip.

samuraijaques
2013-04-09, 11:50 AM
-get him a cyber wolf, or failing that a dire wolf, to ride. give it some barding
-give him a fleshgrinding war axe for his chain axe
-maybe a self reloading hand crossbow? do those exist? i feel like they do.

anyway, that's all i got for now. very interested to see this get fleshed out. space wolves are my favorite of the WH40K armies by far.

Eslin
2013-04-09, 11:52 AM
I can probably cover the barbarian/pounce part with warblade.

Fleshgrinding wise, doesn't that mean the weapons sticks in the opponent and magically returns to you after 5 rounds? That doesn't actually sound very space wolfy.

samuraijaques
2013-04-10, 10:41 PM
it continues to grind into them after the initial strike. just don't let go and it becomes a chainaxe. in the books the always described chain weapons to basically wield themselves after the initial impact. it's designed to pull itself deeper. fleshgrinding would also mean that after the initial attack you no longer need to roll to hit as it works it's way through their body.

holywhippet
2013-04-10, 10:53 PM
One of the iconic parts of a space marine is the bolter. I think most space wolves just use a bolt pistol while they are still part of the blood claws. It's hard to exactly replicate that kind of thing in D&D. Best equivalent might be a repeating crossbow with either some strong enchantments or enchanted bolts. I'd consider brilliant energy (armor piercing) and flaming burst (high explosive).

Eslin
2013-04-10, 11:04 PM
Yeah, bolt pistol wise I'll just try to grab a hand or repeating crossbow, make sure it can fire a bunch of shots without reloading and add some explosiony or force effects, take those drow feats that make them wieldable in melee.

Still, I just read the text on fleshgrinding and you let go of the weapon, doesn't mesh with the chainaxe thing very well.