PDA

View Full Version : Beercoaster innovations

Socratov
2013-04-09, 07:49 AM
Dear playgrounders,

you all know the situation: you are amongst company, probably in a place where they serve (non)alcoholic beverages on coasters, you drink some beverages and bump your friend with the text: "Dude, I've just had the greatest idea ever!".

My question for you guys is, what ideas have you had and/or actually carried out that you thought up in a bar/pub/someplace else while inebriated that you jutted down on a coaster/napkin to remember it.

Me? I've made a cane from a worn out poolcue, started brewing mead, and various other things (I'll tell you about it when the mist in my memory have cleared off).

Morph Bark
2013-04-09, 07:55 AM
I've come up with some ideas that made people ask if I was drunk or high when I came up with them, but I've never been the latter and rarely the former.

...I did turn a chair into a suit of armor though.

Socratov
2013-04-09, 09:21 AM
I've come up with some ideas that made people ask if I was drunk or high when I came up with them, but I've never been the latter and rarely the former.

...I did turn a chair into a suit of armor though.

nice one!

Oh, and such remarks are usually a sign of beercoaster innovations :smallbiggrin:

Palanan
2013-04-12, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Morph Bark
I've come up with some ideas that made people ask if I was drunk or high when I came up with them....

I once wrote a book chapter that had a colleague asking me, in all seriousness, what I'd been smoking that day. I think it works out to a compliment. :smallbiggrin:

Originally Posted by Socratov
...what ideas have you had and/or actually carried out....

It's the actually-carried-out part that gets me. I've sketched some great ideas for high-altitude aircraft on airline napkins, usually while staring out at the clouds, but haven't quite gotten past the planning stages yet. Investors are so picky about things like background and experience.

:smalltongue:

Mauve Shirt
2013-04-12, 09:34 PM
My ideas tend to be for comics or animations. I will begin creating them the next day, and then I will stop being interested before the project is finished.

Palanan
2013-04-12, 09:45 PM
Hang onto them. Sometimes ideas need to sleep a while, waiting for their proper time.

Socratov
2013-04-14, 07:29 AM
Hang onto them. Sometimes ideas need to sleep a while, waiting for their proper time.

Indeed. Especially if you need to gather the materials, funds, etc. neccessary for carrying out the project :smallamused: