PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Suggestions on how to create a new martial discipline?

CinuzIta
2013-04-09, 09:52 AM
hello! As the title says, I'd like to have suggestions on how to create a new martial discipline. Everything is useful, from choosing the right ability to determining the right level for maneuvers and stances.

In particular, I want to create the Water Dancer discipline from A Song of Ice and Fire..any thougt on maneuvers and stances?

Mephibosheth
2013-04-09, 03:07 PM
If I remember correctly, most of the available information about water dancers shows up in A Game of Thrones as Arya is being trained and defended by Syrio Forel. I don't have my copy of Game of Thrones with me (a friend borrowed it) so I can't go over it in detail. That said, I think it would be cool if all of the maneuvers were named after Arya's survival mantra.

"Swift as a deer. Quiet as a shadow. Fear cuts deeper than swords.
Quick as a snake. Calm as still water. Fear cuts deeper than swords.
Strong as a bear. Fierce as a wolverine."

CinuzIta
2013-04-09, 04:12 PM
thank you for the mantra! I thought about naming the maneuvers after it as well, but since I don't have neither my books nor my pc with me at the moment [I'm in another city so I'm writing with my cellphone at the moment..uncomfortable, to say the least] I couldn't find them!

That'll be useful indeed, thank you!:)